Samsung 204B 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL microbrew thread:April**

[ QUOTE ]
G-Bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent article by good2cu. Basically g-bux are a measure of your equity versus a RANGE, as opposed to a single hand. Its like Sklansky bux 2.0. See, SB's are great in that they tell us that a certain play was good against ONE SPECIFIC hand, but gbux is a way of calculating the money you "should have won" against a WHOLE RANGE.

So for example, a play may be deemed to be bad in terms of SB's, because versus the hand that he actually ended up holding, you were behind. But how often do we put a dude on one precise hand? Never. So Gbux helps you calculate whether your play was good based on the RANGE you put him on. Gbux is a far more realistic way to evaluate the plays in which you lost money.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:07 AM

tks ama

You elucidated this concept very well in your post BTW.
The most interesting part was about making villan calls incorect vs your range towards the end of the article that I'm going to reread and try and apply.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:20 AM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

I am depositing $1200 or so today. NL50 i guess. here we go.
get rich or die trying i guess.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tks ama

You elucidated this concept very well in your post BTW.
The most interesting part was about making villan calls incorect vs your range towards the end of the article that I'm going to reread and try and apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont forget though that in the beginning of the article he mentions that at small stakes games or versus simple opponents he recommends keeping your play basic, as most of the "range tweaking" will largely be lost against someone who isnt paying super close attention. And lets face it, most of the opponents we face probably dont even know how to spell their own names, let alone put us on a range.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
G-Bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent article by good2cu. Basically g-bux are a measure of your equity versus a RANGE, as opposed to a single hand. Its like Sklansky bux 2.0. See, SB's are great in that they tell us that a certain play was good against ONE SPECIFIC hand, but gbux is a way of calculating the money you "should have won" against a WHOLE RANGE.

So for example, a play may be deemed to be bad in terms of SB's, because versus the hand that he actually ended up holding, you were behind. But how often do we put a dude on one precise hand? Never. So Gbux helps you calculate whether your play was good based on the RANGE you put him on. Gbux is a far more realistic way to evaluate the plays in which you lost money.

[/ QUOTE ]

g bucks was by Jman "HOLLA" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol schoolaments.....goodbye until April 19th

[/ QUOTE ]

link plz

kaz holla
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 AM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

[ QUOTE ]
lol schoolaments.....goodbye until April 19th

[/ QUOTE ]

that guy seemed like even more of a degen than myself, which is pretty degenish.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:33 AM

i just tooka shotat 25nl and it didn't go too well... I feel like I'm getting floated a lot, and everyone plays every single hand as if it were a float (it goes raise/call, check/bet/call, check/check, bet/???)
Every time I look them up they're donkslowplaying something like AA, but my top pair top kicker is no good.

Like this hand(not on my computer ssono hh):
I raise AJhh, tilting shortie calls, 30/15 SB min3bets, I call, shortie calls. Flop comes jack high, SB minbets .25 into 5$, I raise to 5$ for information (Is this wrong? I didn't have much of a read), tilting shortie calls allin, SB calls???
Turn goes check check
river blanks, I still have TPTK, SB bets 1.5 into 20, I call obviously, he flips up KK...

even when i hit a hand i feel like im floated off my hand
I raise ATdd OTB, SB shortie 10$ stack calls, BB folds.
Flop T88r, SB bets .50 into 2.25, I raise to 3, SB calls. Turn Kh, SBchecks, I check (should I bet here? it commits me to call a shove vs his stack). River Jh, SB leads for 3 into 9... I havetofold at this point, but I'm not sure if and where I went wrong...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
G-Bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wasnt this an article by jman?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
G-Bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wasnt this an article by jman?

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, whoever it was by it was good
Closed Thread