Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should OP go to the felt here?
Yes 7 53.85%
No 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: AS-XII GAME THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there is no possibility whatsoever that you two are wolves together. If one of you dies a wolf then I am never voting for the other one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because you are a wolf? Seriously knowing it is soah and shorty how do you come to this conclusion as a villager?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at Neil and Traz is All Info for the classic wolf/wolf attack. Or look at me in (I think) MM 1 as a wolf with Xorbie. There is a difference between villager/villager, villager/wolf and wolf/wolf. Wolves attacking each other don't typically give much in the way of reasons, and there is no real anger or annoyance in their exchanges. I judge this to be genuine. That doesn't tell me anything beyond the fact (at least to me) that they are not putting on a show and are not both wolves.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:37 PM

I'd be curious to know if any other villagers think it is impossible for soah/shorty to both be wolves.

lynch books, and if he's evil soah and shorty look villagery.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This whole soah/shorty thing feels way over the top. It wouldn't shock me if they are evil together.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow I didn't see this coming

[/ QUOTE ]

for real, did ANY of you reach this conclusion? this is about the last thing I expect a villager to say

[/ QUOTE ]

I did for a second last night. Even posted about it. But you guys are going so non-stop that it seems close to impossible now.

Soah - this is important:

Shortline is not going to be lynched today. He was quiet yesterday, which made him a little suspect. He was on a plane. Today he is not and is coming off a lot more village than you. Even if he is wolf (which I doubt right now), he is going to post a ton. AND, how long do you think he'll live or not be peeked if he isn't? Seriously?

IF you are village, please abandon this for today. Right now, you are almost a lock to be lynched. So, IF you are a villager, you have two choices. One of them is good for you and good for the town. One of them is bad for you and bad for the town.

A) You can keep this argument going - which is becoming extremely annoying and basically shutting down the thread - and get lynched, leaving no help to the town.

B) Move on to something else. We know you think Shorty is wolf. We get it. Vote for him if you want. But, IF YOU ARE VILLAGE, please concentrate on who you think the other wolves are. If you do this, you have a chance to not be lynched and the thread might not dry up with the Shorty/Soah battle royale.

Honestly, everyone is kind of tired of watching this. Not good for the town.

Soah, maybe you also should step away from the thread just a little bit. Maybe you should re-read your posts.

For you to bristle at anyone who thinks you are a possible wolf is ridiculous.

You made a bunch of weird declarations yesterday, stating, as if it were fact, who was whom. That kind of stuff gets people to thinking. If you were metagaming or trying to make yourself not get night-killed, fine. But don't expect people to know what you are thinking and then call the entire village idiots when they suspect you.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:51 PM

d1: a few thoughts. (tl:dr - list at end of post)

Eskimo. wtf ?? retart. UTR all day - then a random 12x block vote for me - then not another word.

FWIW thats my motvation for switching in his direction late on. Dustin and a couple of others mention
soah is a bad d1 lynch. (soah's still pretty fishy ATM) - so I jump wagons, I think soah gives more info to the village after he is lynched and while he is playing, with a bunch more content. I am siding with dustin that soahs good to keep in the game for now.

nutjob-[ QUOTE ]

Shorty, are you and Soah having a fake fight? Seems like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

also in previos turbos nutjob claims he reads soah well.

<font color="red">Exactly how well nutjob ?? - and whats your read here presently?</font>

SH3.0-[ QUOTE ]
nutjob used a special word that i like to look at. forced. seigmunds stuff does look forced.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's a fellow noob, but I think forced sounds about right.

[ QUOTE ]
village points for nutjob if siegmund turns up wolf, because no wolf would bring that up about another.

[/ QUOTE ]

nutjob doesn't get villagery points from me if Seigs a wolf for that statement - he gets wolf points. He's stated he plays this game well.

[ QUOTE ]
I've played in all games except 1, 3 and 5 I think...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that an irrational fear of prime numbers nutjob? - do you dislike the fibonacci sequence??
Good players have no qualms about bringing this up - especially if he feels that as a noob Seig is pretty much unlynchable d1.

Luckay (who seems quiet so far today) - votes me - (immediately after fmxda immediately jumps aboard my soon to be wheelless wagon - interesting)
then Luckay umps off quicksmart after he seems content with my villagery answer.

[ QUOTE ]
eskimo &amp; matrix are villagers, don't vote for them today.
I think soah will lead you guys on the right path.

if possible, I would proxy my vote to soah.

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know where that ended up. So you'd not have voted Eskimo - but you'd blindly follow soah's vote if it were allowed (thus actually voting Eskimo) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Was this all a setup from n0 wolf chat? (*is* there any n0 wolf chat?) - We know you are King 'Fancy Pants Symptoms' - and thats a very fancy play right there.
You happen to be correct about Eskimo - soah might well have only switched to save his own skin - but I think this is odd none the less.
Obv if you ARE wolfia you know dam well Eskimo is villagery.

<font color="red">Luckay - had you attended d1's late game - who would you have lynched?</font>

Lets look at Neil forra sec. All day a bunch of posts that have no real content - he gives out advice to us noobs not to overpost with SPAM. (seems like good advice tbh) and some other neither here nor there posts.
lacking in content somewhat. Posting a little just to be visible - drawing attention away. Then posts a list, soah calls him out on it saying it's wishy washy.

Luckay thinks neils a seer - tells soah he's going down the wrong path chasing neil.

I think that neils d1 play looks like his wolf game somewhat myself.

Lets pickup on fxmda too. [ QUOTE ]

I love the people voting me to "see what happens." Let's "see what happens" when I turn up village and people look for wolves on my wagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

not much content - posting so appear visible - early jumper onner onto my BW - wolf game.

Was almost wagoned himself until shorty appeared and derailed.

hmmm shorty.

pimped as a great village player - claimed to be pretty much unlynchable during his ding dong hissy fit with soah in a reply to a leftfield shortline vote from nutjob[ QUOTE ]

you will find that it takes more than this to lynch me

[/ QUOTE ]

It does seem to - at the end of d1 despite soah -[ QUOTE ]
I am voting shorty nonstop till one of us is dead

[/ QUOTE ]
when night falls shorty doesn't have a SINGLE vote against him.

shortline dominates proceeding late d1 - he derails an fmxda wagon and starts a wagon gunning for soah, he claims soahs switch is "protecting one of the big wagons" - his whole d1 soah rant wiped out all the other wagons
and focused peoples attention pretty much just on soah.

It could be argued shorty is protecting people with this blowup.

aaaaaaanyway.

My d1 list (prior to reading anything mch d2 yet)

Villagery

dusting
scott
nutjob

meh

books
nez
Jack
dmk
boiler
Luckay

wolfy (?)

Luckay
soah
shorty
seigmund
fmxda
neil
Old 03-30-2007, 07:02 PM

You have 6 people in your wolf list Matrix. Which ones are your top four.

Here's my list ATM (ranked).

Villagery
----------
Me
Luckay (This is classic "I'm insane!!!1! Luckay", see Heroes)
Neil
Dustin
SL

Meh
---
Boiler
DMK
Seigmund

Wolfesque
-------
FMXDA (This is the same style he played in Heroes)
Soah
SH3.0
Nez
Books
Bojtun
Books

I'm also changing my vote to unvote. I have to reread the Soah-SL trainwreck today to make up my mind, and the fact my #1 suspect is on Soah's wagon discomforts me.

I'll be on most of the night, def during the last hour.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:12 PM

vote ScottHoward

- all day he was screaming for boiler to be lynched, which was somewhat sketchy to begin with since boiler had just posted at the start of the day saying he was going to be gone all day... but then today he doesn't mention boiler at all in his morning summaries. keep in mind he was still trying to get boiler lynched with as few as 15 minutes left last night. as a villager, scott is a bit crazy but his thoughts tend to be consistent. for boiler to go from being a top wolf candidate to simply nonexistent overnight for no reason is not typical for him

- his activity has been spotty. as a wolf in mm6 and 24 he had a bunch of "just checking in, need to catch up" type of posts which separated long blocks of inactivity. I didn't catch that at first this game due to the low activity overall, but now that we're deeper into the game you can see it. For example, his second post comes more than 3 hours after his first post.

- along with the first two points, usually he is bombarding the thread with his wolf list and his thoughts on everything that has happened. his list has only been posted once, at the start of d1, and since then he's just posted some thoughts here and there which aren't internally consistent.

- he doesn't choose between the two villager wagons at the end of the night. villagers don't know it's two villager wagons and they want to make their vote count. wolves don't want the blood on their hands and they try to make sure their vote is on someone that stays alive. his subsequent explanation for this vote is even wolfier than the vote itself.

- going along with previous points, when I mention his actions at the lynch were wolfy, he tries to turn it around on me. and like I've said, scott is crazy, not stupid. and the post he made was really stupid. in case you've forgotten, he said that if I'm a villager then the wolves would pile on me to save eskimo, and the fact that there wasn't a massive pile on me incriminates me as a wolf. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

- he's hedging his bets. a lot of "gee, the night kill points to soah, and it gives us info, I suppose we should lynch him" but he's trying to stay out of the spotlight so that tomorrow he can just say "oh well, that didn't work, not my fault" and move on. he'll let others take heat for this.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:16 PM

also scott and fmxda have voiced the line of "vote soah today, if he's a villager then shorty tomorrow" which is the optimal line for the wolves to take regardless of shorty's role. if shorty is a wolf then the wolves want to make sure I go first since shorty going first would effectively clear me, and they also want to make sure they get some credit for driving the shorty lynch tomorrow since his death is inevitable. if shorty is a villager, then the wolves can pick off two more villagers and they nearly have the game locked up.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:19 PM

Matrix: My read on Soah is: Yuck.

In the turbos where he was wolf he was not nearly as adamant about anything. He didn't seem to be as combative. But those were turbos, so I don't know if his AS game is different.

He's done a lot of things here you wouldn't expect a wolf to do, no matter how annoying.

1. He's alienated almost the whole town and told us all that we're morans.
2. He's battled shortline non-stop .. why go after someone who is going to battle you back?
3. It's hard for a wolf to arguing that hard.

I don't know his AS game as well as others do, but I honestly don't think either shorty or soah should be lynched today - unless they both continue this one-way road rage on each other. Then I wouldn't be sad if either one was either lynched or killed, tbh, just so it can stop.

-----

I played in games 2, 4, 6 because this game can get consuming and I established a one-game-break rule for myself. Once I became thought of as a good player I got killed so early in the next few games that I was willing to play consecutive ones.

As for my Siegmund vote, I don't care if it stands out and people think it was a "safe" vote. I vote for whomever I think is most likely wolf.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:20 PM

Oh snap, this thread is crazy

There's one main thing that stuck out for me.
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe no one is making a stand against this

this is LOL VILLAGE 101

I started the fmxda wagon and was happy to see him lynched, then shorty comes in and derails it by starting wagons on two villagers. then his evidence against me is that I derailed the fmxda train

so again

LOL VILLAGE

you guys are hopeless

[/ QUOTE ]
Does soah ever BERATE the village as a villager? I have a bad memory, and though I have been masons with soah twice in a game, and seen his villager game a lot, I don't specifically ever remember him berating the village.

I'm aware that this post will be pointed to as a "wolf stirring up the pot" if we lynch soah / he's villager. I'm trying to get ze facts yo, though.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have 6 people in your wolf list Matrix. Which ones are your top four.

[/ QUOTE ]

ranked.

neil
fmxda
seigmund
Luckay
soah
shorty

PS [vote Neil]