View Poll Results: No threadjacking rule
Yes 8 53.33%
No 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Stars Regs Thread

[ QUOTE ]

As for me, if the site allows it, great, go for it.

If the site doesn't (a la Stars) then its cheating.

Not complicated at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sums up my feelings on the matter. If you are playing on Stars you are bound by their T's and C's, and after thinking about it for a bit I've come to the conclusion that purchasing observed hand histories for use in the games violates not just the spirit but the letter of the rules. If you feel like you are giving up too much of an edge without observed hands go play on FTP please.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I haven't played Stars 1/2 in about 5 months, interesting to see a lot of the same names still there. Are some of you guys like BGnight, Purediesel, Carrot and a few other guys I thought were good just huge bankroll nits and refuse to move up? Are do you guys just not win as much as I thought you guys do. I'm not bashing anybody just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also want to add El_Pedrino and Mdom as guys I thought were good when I played 1/2 that are still there.

[/ QUOTE ]

im mdom, im a br nit and dropped 35 buys at 2/4 and 3/6

[/ QUOTE ]

you're in one of the recent cardrunner vids
Old 09-15-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I haven't played Stars 1/2 in about 5 months, interesting to see a lot of the same names still there. Are some of you guys like BGnight, Purediesel, Carrot and a few other guys I thought were good just huge bankroll nits and refuse to move up? Are do you guys just not win as much as I thought you guys do. I'm not bashing anybody just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also want to add El_Pedrino and Mdom as guys I thought were good when I played 1/2 that are still there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? anything mentioned about me?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:37 PM

I'm Elite_killer_holdem, and I own u all, there's really no reg giving me probs. On topic, this thread sucks.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really? anything mentioned about me?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he said something like this guy is a decent tag

you def weren't called a mouthbreather or anything, but i don't remember the exact wordage/context
Old 09-16-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you've just run bad the games are tougher but not that much tougher. That reminds me of my 5/10 HU excursions that have resulted in me dropping 21 buyins in just over 3k hands, fun times.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
eagle do you think datamining itself is immoral or only so because it is against the terms and conditions determined by pokerstars? since full tilt and other sites allow people to mine oserved hands are they condoning immoral behavior? pretty interested in ur response to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for me, if the site allows it, great, go for it.

If the site doesn't (a la Stars) then its cheating.

Not complicated at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

philosophically/logically this doesn't make sense to me. we're taking the exact same action except one site allows it and one site doesn't. morality/ethics is not based on currently implemented rules IMO. I don't think you can say some who datamines hands on stars is scum while someone who datamines hands on tilt isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, morality is based on rules, to some extent. If we are playing a game that allows tackling, its proper to tackle. If the game doesn't, then you are called for a foul.

Its only clouded by those who wish to have an unfair advantage--ie a PROHIBITED advantage.

Again, not complicated. Its called cheating.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what if you can consider the rules themselves to be unethical?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOL. Then don't play. Let me guess: your answer is "cheat"?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:22 AM

RichAM and those like him are cheaters, profiteers and generally the worst society has to offer. Bottomfeeders.

Those who buy hands from him are attempting to pass the buck of their own guilt onto someone else. Ethics don't work that way, but that's the idea. They are just as guilty and culpable as RichAM, even though they very much would like to believe otherwise. You can't say, "I didn't break the rules! He broke them for me!" Sorry, but that just doesn't fly.

There is nothing inherently unethical about datamining, using observed hand histories, etc.. What is unethical is to deliberately break the terms of service of Stars in order to gain an advantage over your opponents.

If you need datamining to be competetive, play on FTP or some other site that allows it.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:29 AM

Thoughts on potoddsLOL and Colombo218?
Closed Thread