Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

bk, you're going to have to explain to me how learning how to carry yourself out of a damn book makes you anything but another follower.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

This website looks horribly pretentious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not any more pretentious than any other site that caters to a niche. Would you find a site about golf, that points out players who have good swings, and why they are good, as pretentious?
Old 08-11-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
right, but your still flashing, to me, if I see someoen wearing ratty jeans, and a pair of 1k sunglasses, and looks pretty generic just like everyone else, Im still going to think they are just trying to get the point across that they have money. I still think people are douche bags if they are just trying to flash money, whether it be subtle or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not big on letting my haircut or whatever do my talking for me either. Can't argue that it works, though.

I'm one of the guys who wouldn't really notice if a pair of sunglasses cost a grand until someone told me they did, so I'm sure a lot of subtle flashing goes on around me all the time that I'm oblivious to. That might be working-as-intended. I bet there are far fewer women out there who aren't hip to whether somebody's shoes are Bruno Maglis or whatever. They are the target audience, not me, so the subtle flashing is probably working just right when they get it and I don't.

[ QUOTE ]
this does not mean that I think buying expensive stuff is stupid, its just that most people just buy crap because it is expensive, I have no doubt that for every pair of 1k sunglasses, there about 100 w/ more style, adn look a lot better for a fraction of the price, but stupid people just see 1k and think "gee, Ill get laid wearing super expensive glasses".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, tons of expensive stuff looks like crap, and is bought only because other people are wearing it. Look what happens when some celeb gets her photo in the news while wearing some pair of sunglasses -- sales of that type skyrocket for months. They weren't any better or worse before she wore them. Our repeating sunglasses threads here in OOT are great confirmation of how herd behavior can rope people in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well one thing PUA's are not are sheep.

Male sheep of the dating variety go out and bribe females with drinks and dinner in the hopes of sleeping with them and they think this is a good thing. They accept it as normal practice.

When I was single and a woman had the nerve to ask me to buy her a drink my reply, delivered with confidence, was "I don't buy women drinks unless I am sleeping with them." YOu might think that turns them off but it does not. It piques their interest. "I only pay for women I am already sleeping with."

Most of the male's in this country shell out hundrends and thousands each year as bribes in the hopes of getting sex. You gotta change that way of thinking guys. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

PUAs, are by definition becoming sheep.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are untraining themselves from being sheep and training themselves to be men who are confident and comfortable with women and do not need to supplicate to get dates.

The average joe is the sheep.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not any more pretentious than any other site that caters to a niche. Would you find a site about golf, that points out players who have good swings, and why they are good, as pretentious?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but sites that travel to Milan for fashion shows and have to take pictures of a common painter to show off his everyday style while marveling over this common bond that they share despite not sharing a common language, that's pretentious.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
right, but your still flashing, to me, if I see someoen wearing ratty jeans, and a pair of 1k sunglasses, and looks pretty generic just like everyone else, Im still going to think they are just trying to get the point across that they have money. I still think people are douche bags if they are just trying to flash money, whether it be subtle or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not big on letting my haircut or whatever do my talking for me either. Can't argue that it works, though.

I'm one of the guys who wouldn't really notice if a pair of sunglasses cost a grand until someone told me they did, so I'm sure a lot of subtle flashing goes on around me all the time that I'm oblivious to. That might be working-as-intended. I bet there are far fewer women out there who aren't hip to whether somebody's shoes are Bruno Maglis or whatever. They are the target audience, not me, so the subtle flashing is probably working just right when they get it and I don't.

[ QUOTE ]
this does not mean that I think buying expensive stuff is stupid, its just that most people just buy crap because it is expensive, I have no doubt that for every pair of 1k sunglasses, there about 100 w/ more style, adn look a lot better for a fraction of the price, but stupid people just see 1k and think "gee, Ill get laid wearing super expensive glasses".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, tons of expensive stuff looks like crap, and is bought only because other people are wearing it. Look what happens when some celeb gets her photo in the news while wearing some pair of sunglasses -- sales of that type skyrocket for months. They weren't any better or worse before she wore them. Our repeating sunglasses threads here in OOT are great confirmation of how herd behavior can rope people in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well one thing PUA's are not are sheep.

Male sheep of the dating variety go out and bribe females with drinks and dinner in the hopes of sleeping with them and they think this is a good thing. They accept it as normal practice.

When I was single and a woman had the nerve to ask me to buy her a drink my reply, delivered with confidence, was "I don't buy women drinks unless I am sleeping with them." YOu might think that turns them off but it does not. It piques their interest. "I only pay for women I am already sleeping with."

Most of the male's in this country shell out hundrends and thousands each year as bribes in the hopes of getting sex. You gotta change that way of thinking guys. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

PUAs, are by definition becoming sheep.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are untraining themselves from being sheep and training themselves to be men who are confident and comfortable with women and do not need to supplicate to get dates.

The average joe is the sheep.

[/ QUOTE ]

as the books and stuff get more popular, you guys will just all be the same, a bunch of sheep using the same tricks and gimmicks, and neg hits to build false confidence.

Until someone writes a book on how to transition from being a sheep (pua), into being their own man, the number of sheep will just keep growing and growing, until teh average joe knows what a "neg hit" is.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but sites that travel to Milan for fashion shows and have to take pictures of a common painter to show off his everyday style while marveling over this common bond that they share despite not sharing a common language, that's pretentious.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, ya, they dont take pictures of "common folk" they take pictures of people on the street who have good style, its not more pretentious than saying that "golf brings people of all walks of life together" to keep on that analogy. The people that they photograph probably spend some time on choosing what they wear, its just because you are hung up on the fact that its fashion you think its pretentious.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:09 PM

quids,

"Until someone writes a book on how to transition from being a sheep (pua), into being their own man"

I'd bet there's probably already books and classes out there titled something like "Beyond PUA" or "Next-level PUA" or whatever.

If not, get to work, perfect market timing w/ this VH1 show and more mainstream media coverage.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:11 PM

I'd say level 1 PUA's are sheep, but anything above is 100% about being your own man
Old 08-11-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bk, you're going to have to explain to me how learning how to carry yourself out of a damn book makes you anything but another follower.

[/ QUOTE ]

Learning to change in ways you want, and that you consider to be a personal improvement, in order to get more satisfaction out of life is not being a sheep.

Being a sheep is following 'the croud'. The croud asks to be set up by friends, gets drunk to have sex, finds drunk chicks to have sex, offers chicks drinks and dinners in the hopes she will open her legs for him while telling himself he is a 'nice guy'. Sheep do what everyone else does.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He definitely feels the PUA philosophy is morally bankrupt. My take is that he wants to reconcile his religious beliefs with his lust and the PUA thing doesn't fit in well. I think this is a guy who would like to fall in love and have a family and a wife who cheats on him and who has no interest in playing a game. I think [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. I can't say I blame him. I have a lot of family members who share his views and religious convictions and it is something I do respect.

When I've told him in the past that SOME girls like men who are confident and not overly fawning, who show an air of mystery and playfulness, he has interpreted it as meaning women are phony and prefer bad, disingenuous men. That bothers him a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ma'am,

FYP. Sounds like you are on the level though. The game never ends.