Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation 3 [GAME THREAD]

That reminds me, after reading a bit of last night's turbo, where I thought Neil S displayed some villagery qualities and turned out to be a wolf, I would like to rescind my "if Neil S isn't a villager, I'll eat my hat statement"

I still think he's a villager, but its not like my Dustin read.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:31 PM

I have not been able to read Neil for crap since his "faking wolf" stunt in ASXI - I guess that was the point of the whole thing but now everything he does to me in every game seems vaguely wolfy but not OMG wolfy.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:34 PM

Ok, I get to say anything I want because no one can reasonably lynch me today.

FCBL has claimed something very specific. A player with a minor role who is not important enough to kill at night. Given that, doesn't it make sense to ask him to just claim directly? Say he claims a specific doctor or something. If he is lying, the actual doctor can counterclaim and we get a Borg out of the deal. If his claim is not countered then we can pretty much assume he is good.

I also want to say that the reason I didn't play previous Star Trek games was because I could never get a grip on the door locking strategies and didn't want to feel lost and uninterested. As a replacement I will just work on finding wolves and listen to whoever sounds convincing about the strategy aspects.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:39 PM

Take whatever I say today, yesterday, whatever with a grain of salt because I'm really off today.

But hey, my bosses liked my presentation, so there is some weight off of my shoulders.

I am still wary of Herbie. Luckay sucked yesterday. Neil screws with my head, Durron is still my only like 100% villager.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FCBL has claimed something very specific. A player with a minor role who is not important enough to kill at night. Given that, doesn't it make sense to ask him to just claim directly? Say he claims a specific doctor or something. If he is lying, the actual doctor can counterclaim and we get a Borg out of the deal. If his claim is not countered then we can pretty much assume he is good.

I also want to say that the reason I didn't play previous Star Trek games was because I could never get a grip on the door locking strategies and didn't want to feel lost and uninterested. As a replacement I will just work on finding wolves and listen to whoever sounds convincing about the strategy aspects.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the village thinks there is merit in this, I am willing to reveal my role. Any role could be Borg however, so I don't think there is much to gain by it.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:40 PM

i concur -> claim
Old 04-11-2007, 12:42 PM

One additional plus to claiming: I can change my avatar to reflect my character.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That won't work for this game, because he can tell the truth about his role AND still be borg (i.e. he can be Beverely Crusher (for instance) AND still be borg).

I think him telling his exact role would just help the borg counteract him.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take whatever I say today, yesterday, whatever with a grain of salt because I'm really off today.

But hey, my bosses liked my presentation, so there is some weight off of my shoulders.

I am still wary of Herbie. Luckay sucked yesterday. Neil screws with my head, Durron is still my only like 100% villager.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you said that you were getting good at this game?
(except for the Luckay read, which I agree with)
Old 04-11-2007, 12:49 PM

Ok, I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking of this as a regular game.

Scratch the role claim while I think about this.