FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: THE HOLY SPIRIT COMES FROM
THE HOLY FATHER AND THE HOLY SON 17 48.57%
THE HOLY FATHER 18 51.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Official Barry Bonds Countdown Thread

[ QUOTE ]

I guess two people watching the same thing can see entirely different things based on what they want to see....either that or some folks find it easier to believe his teammates reactions were "half-hearted" because they just can't bring themselves to believe that Bonds is geniunely liked by teammates and they were geniunely excited at his achievement.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's the thing. I DID believe that Bonds was liked by his teammates. I was actually looking forward to seeing them jump all over him. That's why it stood out in my eyes that someone like Randy Winn didn't crack a smile when he hugged Bonds and others gave him weak pats on the shoulder.

Obviously, some of the Giants looked really excited, Bruce Bochy in particular, but it all just seemed odd to me.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What Bud Selig did is so bad. Either acknowledge the record show up and cheer or punish him using the best interest in baseball clause.

[/ QUOTE ]

selig is a tool
Old 08-08-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What Bud Selig did is so bad. Either acknowledge the record show up and cheer or punish him using the best interest in baseball clause.

[/ QUOTE ]

selig is a tool

[/ QUOTE ]

Selig should fire himself under the best interest of baseball clause.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I guess two people watching the same thing can see entirely different things based on what they want to see....either that or some folks find it easier to believe his teammates reactions were "half-hearted" because they just can't bring themselves to believe that Bonds is geniunely liked by teammates and they were geniunely excited at his achievement.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's the thing. I DID believe that Bonds was liked by his teammates. I was actually looking forward to seeing them jump all over him. That's why it stood out in my eyes that someone like Randy Winn didn't crack a smile when he hugged Bonds and others gave him weak pats on the shoulder.

Obviously, some of the Giants looked really excited, Bruce Bochy in particular, but it all just seemed odd to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the hugs were pretty half-assed.

I'm fairly sure the majority of people watching last night felt "Meh, I'll watch 'cause it's an event, but meh, who cares."

I don't hate Barry. I don't love Barry. I just don't really care that he hit 756. It was an event, so I watched, but obviously it's steroid-enhanced, and people generally have disdain for him because he's comes across as a d-bag most of the time on top of it. I don't see what's wrong with disliking a player that was so selfish that he wasn't content being one of the greatest of all-time already, but had to take stuff to make sure he became THE greatest. Do I feel this hatred for him? No, but I can't fault people for doing so.

And lastly, LOL at the martyrdom and "stick-it-to-the-man" attitude some people project in trying to defend and support Bonds. That attitude has already jumped the shark, so to speak.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pudge,

That's not entirely inaccurate, but if we're really willing to forgive steroid use because a person is likable then please explain Mark McGwire to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly if he had just admitted it, I think the backlash wouldn't have been nearly as bad

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what they kept telling Pete Rose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except he half admitted it about 7 times when it was clear he was flat-out lying. He is scum.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO at your take on this compared to your take on Barry.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pudge,

That's not entirely inaccurate, but if we're really willing to forgive steroid use because a person is likable then please explain Mark McGwire to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly if he had just admitted it, I think the backlash wouldn't have been nearly as bad

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what they kept telling Pete Rose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except he half admitted it about 7 times when it was clear he was flat-out lying. He is scum.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO at your take on this compared to your take on Barry.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO at your take on Barry compared to all other players throughout baseball history.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LMAO at your take on Barry compared to all other players throughout baseball history

[/ QUOTE ]

And what is my take on Barry?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:45 AM

With the pressure off, #800 is just around the corner...
Old 08-08-2007, 11:47 AM

Speaking of that how much is the 756 home run ball gonna be worth if he hits a homerun again in the next couple of days? It's no longer the record breaking homerun. And will baseball continue to put out marked balls each time so they know which ball was the last one hit?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, to all the people thinking it's a given that arod breaks the record: dream on. bonds is holding this for a long while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take 15-1 ARod breaks it, up to $10k of my risk.