Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: iPhone

I think it's retarded for anyone to demand a refund. They rushed out to pay $599. How long would have been an acceptable amount of time for the price to remain at $599?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's retarded for anyone to demand a refund. They rushed out to pay $599. How long would have been an acceptable amount of time for the price to remain at $599?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't demand a refund. I just randomly got a $100 credit to the apple store. ship it.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apple releases statement. Any orginal $599 iPhone buyer will get a $100 apple store credit

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I wrong, or is almost everything in the apple store more than $100?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Apple releases statement. Any orginal $599 iPhone buyer will get a $100 apple store credit

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I wrong, or is almost everything in the apple store more than $100?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can buy accessories, stuff on iTunes, use it towards something else. Either way, it's $100 more than anyone would have before. If someone doesn't want to use the credit, I'm sure they could sell the $100 certificate outside one of the stores for at least $90 or so.

I doubt that'd be the case as the people who bought an iPhone for $600 probably tend to be the people who buy lots of stuff from Apple or at least have a high opinion of the brand.

Personally, I'm taking my $100 credit and putting it towards one of the new nano's so I can use it at the gym. I am selling my 30 gb ipod to my dad so those 2 combined will get me a free ipod.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm taking my $100 credit and putting it towards one of the new nano's so I can use it at the gym.

[/ QUOTE ]

and thats what they are hoping you'll do. you probably wouldn't have bought the nano before, but now you will and in the process give them another couple hundres. after margin considerations it's probably a wash for apple, but they get the upside of gaining even more market share. it's not really a huge loss for them if people take the $100 and put them towards medium/big ticket items they were on the fence about before.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm taking my $100 credit and putting it towards one of the new nano's so I can use it at the gym.

[/ QUOTE ]

and thats what they are hoping you'll do. you probably wouldn't have bought the nano before, but now you will and in the process give them another couple hundres. after margin considerations it's probably a wash for apple, but they get the upside of gaining even more market share. it's not really a huge loss for them if people take the $100 and put them towards medium/big ticket items they were on the fence about before.

[/ QUOTE ]

and it's not even like they're going to have negative profit on you buying a $2000 Macbook pro at $100 off. They sell them to students at $200 off to begin with.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I know they were hoping I do that before. I was actually planning on doing that anyways as I have been planning on getting rid of my regular ipod in favor of the nano since I only use it at the gym anyways now. I realize that Apple will get more business from this as everything is over $100 that is worthwhile anyways, but they didn't have to go out and give this $100 credit anyways. Plus $100 off a $200 ipod makes it a heck of a deal.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:14 PM

I'm not sure what the big deal is about Apple wanting to make money by encouraging people they had pissed off to buy more stuff from them. They jumped the gun dropping the price on the iPhone and are making the best of a bad decision by encouraging people to by a new iPod with more capacity than their iPhone.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Week of thanksgiving, $100 drop on each models. That would have been reasonable. A 33% price drop in 69 days is unheard of esp with a company like apple that has their prices stick on their products for a while. I also bet a lot of people would have not even bought the phone and just gotten the iPod touch.

I can live with the store credit, and just sell it to a friend of mine buying an iPod.

Lets imagine Apple releases a statement during the spring for all their products in 2007: "The iPhone launch is on June 29th, now by fall season, our new iPod models will be released and we will also drop the iPhone price." So apple confirms a soon to be price drop after launch but only says fall 2007 and doesn't specify how much of a $$$ drop. I bet all the lines of people on launch day1 prob would have been half.

Apple made the smart move. Get your customers back on the happy side with a kick back since they tried to pull a fast one.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:43 PM

Iphone users,
Hows the screen holding up so far? Are you guys using any kind of protective covering?

I just got an iphone and looking around town every case I saw sucked. I just want something that will protect the screen while its in my pocket but doesn't require me to take it out of a bulky holder to use it.