WWKD?

(What Would Kyro Do?)

[/ QUOTE ]

he would not vote to lynch me today
Old 06-21-2006, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Zurvan was trying to feel out whether I was faking by asking which bad guy Nich was. With that information they could be certain whether I was real or faking. I had very little chance of picking the right role for Nich and they knew it. That is a major reason I stopped my faking. I realized that I couldn't guess that correctly and the assassin wasn't going to kill me unless I could name Nich's specific role.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the very reason you stopped faking it. Alas, it does not make your case any stronger for being a good guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your theory is that I am evil. Ok.

I am evil, but I couldn't figure out a role to give Nich. Well if I am evil I know all of the evil roles, heck why don't I just claim he has my role? What I quoted is only a concern if I am faking as a villager. Dude, you are making no sense.

I don't think we should kill Nich, for better or worse, doubt about my status takes him off the table as far as consideration goes. Understandably many villagers will still think I was faking for some obscure reason and I don't think they should follow my lead. I will probably follow Pistolero unless he chooses a candidate who is clearly a villager.

I would like to go Mdorand or Pudley, but that just isn't going to happen today.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:53 PM

If wdc was evil, there was really no reason for him to stop his ploy; he could have lied to the villagers about what type of bad guy nick was, and the good guys would have no way to verify what he said. The only reason not to give away nick's type was if he was trying to fool the bad guys.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One interesting note is eskimo's behavior towards me. He buddied up early, suggested that we have to follow my vote on day 2, and today he initially asked the mods if he could proxy his vote and follow whomever I chose. That's all pretty consistent so far, if a bit dim in trusting my judgement so completely. However, once the mods got back to him, he decided that his proxied vote would be aligned with Iron_Yuppie. WTF?! He was so thorough that morning and the day before making it known he was following me and then without explanation follows IY. I don't have more evidence for anyone else than that. ES = Grolim.

On to IY. Either he's an Angarak (~Grolim) and ES trusts his brother with his vote or he's a misguided villager and ES trusts that his proxied vote would go towards a misguided cause. So ES just outed his brother or suddenly decided that IY is a more trustworthy vote proxy than me. IY was on my suspect list early on but has made a couple posts that have made my doubt that. I'm on the IY is bad side of the fence though because I think it's more likely that ES and IY are working together, but not by too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that ES offering to proxy his vote to me seems somewhat weird, but if he and I were bad guys, I'd think he could proxy his vote privately with a PM to Jared/VR.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Voting in private is an mod-assigned privilege, not one you can choose to exercise whenever you happen to be "AFK".

[ QUOTE ]
If he is a good guy, and does not trust pistolero, he then would have to trust someone else; for the reasons I mentioned above, no good guy vote can go to waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's absolutely no evidence or reason that he suddenly stopped trusting me. It took minutes for him to change him mind away from me.

[ QUOTE ]
If a seer comes out while he is away, he can't vote for who the seer names. So his back is kind of up against the wall there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This point has some validity, but I'm not giving ES credit for it because it wasn't obvious when ES made his posts earlier today. Of course it's obvious now with wdc's sorcerer claim, but ES never mentioned anything like it and that's something I think anyone would bring up as a reason to vote through someone else. However, he didn't explain anything.

What's really fascinating is how you're sticking up for ES like this. Is he Nachak, Brill, or Zedar? Or is he just an ordinary Grolim? I'm starting to believe you know the answer to that.

Attack ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sticking up for ES because I know I am a good guy, and there is no way ES as a bad guy would proxy his vote to good guy, unless he tries to remove it later. I can see how this would confuse other people that don't know that I am a good guy though.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:03 PM

OK, RIGHT OR WRONG...I AM THE SEER. I have been trying to decide what the best play was here...I feel I have to come out. I didn't really want to come out, but it seems we have to lynch a baddie, and we can't do that unless I come out.

I have TWO grolims...ZURVAN AND PUDLEY.

I have TWO villagers...gt1t and nick.

Now, I have suspiscious people as well. I think eskimo and amplify are pretty good bets to be baddies, but this is just my opinion. If I die, and my partner doesn't give you anymore info, then that is the direction I would go.

I believe horn is a villager, and if you go back and read zurvan's posts, I'm sure you can deduce some other villagers when the time comes, like possibly IY. MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS, GO BACK AND READ THEIR POSTS.

However, keep in mind, there is a baddie (asharak) who the villain do NOT know of, so the baddies could be voting a bad guy without knowing it.

I have no idea what to make of WDC, but i'm INCLINED to believe he's a villager.

However I have a strategical question I need to pose, hopefully the villagers have good ideas. Whats the play here for the last seer...should he go errand hunting, or just look for baddies for the next couple turns?
Old 06-21-2006, 06:04 PM

vote zurvan
Old 06-21-2006, 06:05 PM

ok, i'm ok with not going wdc...just in case he was faking

however, if he is a 'common villager' then he shouldn't have faked due to chance of being errand and being assassinated or lynched

so he better be a good power role that isn't garion or sorceror
Old 06-21-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, RIGHT OR WRONG...I AM THE SEER. I have been trying to decide what the best play was here...I feel I have to come out. I didn't really want to come out, but it seems we have to lynch a baddie, and we can't do that unless I come out.

I have TWO grolims...ZURVAN AND PUDLEY.

I have TWO villagers...gt1t and nick.

Now, I have suspiscious people as well. I think eskimo and amplify are pretty good bets to be baddies, but this is just my opinion. If I die, and my partner doesn't give you anymore info, then that is the direction I would go.

I believe horn is a villager, and if you go back and read zurvan's posts, I'm sure you can deduce some other villagers when the time comes, like possibly IY. MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS, GO BACK AND READ THEIR POSTS.

However, keep in mind, there is a baddie (asharak) who the villain do NOT know of, so the baddies could be voting a bad guy without knowing it.

I have no idea what to make of WDC, but i'm INCLINED to believe he's a villager.

However I have a strategical question I need to pose, hopefully the villagers have good ideas. Whats the play here for the last seer...should he go errand hunting, or just look for baddies for the next couple turns?

[/ QUOTE ]

You had 2 villains but weren't sure if you should come out? When wdc stepped up and it looked like you could come out with 3 villains, why didn't you?
Old 06-21-2006, 06:07 PM

if assassin doesn't kill you, the seer should protect u and u should look for 'non-good-power-role-players' so that u either hit a commoner who may be errand or u hit a bad guy to give us more info