Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2006, 11:38 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
if i already ran the pt agg how do i tell SS to use the database it created?

i have v1.0.0.39

[/ QUOTE ]

In SS, select "Configure Databases", and select the checkbox for "Use PT Aggregator". Check the status labels to see that it finished its first import. Depending on your checkboxes, it won't use PTAgg until the first import is complete.

-Ben
Old 08-12-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took quite a while to set all settings/configurations/highlighting format rules like I wanted on my desktop...is there an easy way for me to copy all settings to my laptop? E.g. can I just copy over one of the files to do the trick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can just copy all the files in the SS directory on your PC to the SS directory on your laptop. Most important is to include the "Configuration settings" files, but also the .xml files.

-Ben
Old 08-13-2006, 05:31 AM

I am in the midst of letting PTAGG compile it's "master DB" on my desktop, and it looks like it'll take 16 to 20 hours to get through all 5 of my 500,000 DBs.

Fine, I guess, but I'd like not to have to go through the same long wait for my laptop too...is there some way to copy the "master DB" that PTAGG compiles from my desktop over to my laptop? The reason I thought this might be possible, is that I see my PT is now recognizing a DB named "PTAGG"...and that's not a DB I created, so I figured it's what your program spawned, so I wondered whether it might be possible to copy it over from one computer to another, just as you would a standard DB that you had created (in PT's SQL DB Functions window...using the backup / restore functions...)
Old 08-13-2006, 06:01 AM

upgraded to the latest version.

started aggregator, and now i get an error that says: FATAL: no postgressql user name specified in startup packet.

so no run.

i had been partially through the process before.

what/where do i need to address this?

thanks.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in the midst of letting PTAGG compile it's "master DB" on my desktop, and it looks like it'll take 16 to 20 hours to get through all 5 of my 500,000 DBs.

Fine, I guess, but I'd like not to have to go through the same long wait for my laptop too...is there some way to copy the "master DB" that PTAGG compiles from my desktop over to my laptop? The reason I thought this might be possible, is that I see my PT is now recognizing a DB named "PTAGG"...and that's not a DB I created, so I figured it's what your program spawned, so I wondered whether it might be possible to copy it over from one computer to another, just as you would a standard DB that you had created (in PT's SQL DB Functions window...using the backup / restore functions...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, using PGAdmin III for instance, you could do a backup on your PC, copy the file to your laptop, and then create a db called "ptagg" and restore it.

-Ben
Old 08-13-2006, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

started aggregator, and now i get an error that says: FATAL: no postgressql user name specified in startup packet.

so no run.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is strange, I've never seen that error before.

Are you sure you entered the right postgress password when you did an autodetect of your db(s)? If you didn't do the autodetect, run that again and see if it helps. If you think you put in the wrong password, go into your "SixthSenseClient Configuration Setttings" file with notepad and delete the line with the bad postgres password.

-Ben
Old 08-13-2006, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, using PGAdmin III for instance, you could do a backup on your PC, copy the file to your laptop, and then create a db called "ptagg" and restore it.

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know what PGAdminIII is. I was just assuming I could use PokerTracker's own Backup/Restore functions in the "PostGres Databases Functions..." window. I'd back it up on my desktop to a file called PTAGG.backup, copy that over to my laptop, and then restore it into a Postgres DB named PTAGG...sound like what you had in mind?
Old 08-13-2006, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really know what PGAdminIII is. I was just assuming I could use PokerTracker's own Backup/Restore functions in the "PostGres Databases Functions..." window. I'd back it up on my desktop to a file called PTAGG.backup, copy that over to my laptop, and then restore it into a Postgres DB named PTAGG...sound like what you had in mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that will work too.

-Ben
Old 08-13-2006, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

so no run.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you entered the right postgress password when you did an autodetect of your db(s)? If you didn't do the autodetect, run that again and see if it helps. If you think you put in the wrong password, go into your "SixthSenseClient Configuration Setttings" file with notepad and delete the line with the bad postgres password.

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

checked and have the correct password.

i did do an autodetect after installing the newest version, and deselected all of the databases other than the few sql ones that i wanted.

saw a bunch of others that i wasnt sure about, but are there any that i have to leave other than the ones that i recognize and wanted?

edit to add: all of the other db's that i didnt select have ado string connections of:

provider=microsoft.jet.oleds.4.0;data source=c:\program files\...
Old 08-13-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

so no run.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

checked and have the correct password.

i did do an autodetect after installing the newest version, and deselected all of the databases other than the few sql ones that i wanted.

saw a bunch of others that i wasnt sure about, but are there any that i have to leave other than the ones that i recognize and wanted?

edit to add: all of the other db's that i didnt select have ado string connections of:

provider=microsoft.jet.oleds.4.0;data source=c:\program files\...

[/ QUOTE ]

What version of Postgres do you have? What version is your PGOLEDB.dll file (In your system directory).

-Ben