FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which would win?
A duck the size of a horse 36 56.25%
100 duck sized horses 28 43.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
tomorrow there are 11 players left. (assume nich goes tonite for simplicity)

herbie gets elected mayor. herbie eliminates zurvan.

NWO:

Herbie
Val
Kokiri
Dustin
AJ
-----

and there you have 4 players grateful enough to take herbie in to the final 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

And with 10 players left, assuming the remaining 5 players in our alliance stick together, there is a tie at the end of the day. Upon revoting, there is still a tie.

That leaves the choice of who goes to the last player eliminated. In your scenario, that's me, and about 200% of the time, I eliminate Herbie for backstabbing the alliance. My allies still have power, Herbie has lost his good position in the game, for no gain.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mets - look at the above analysis. you really feel strongly enough that RT will support the alliance when he sees a better offer?

consider that possibility and tell me which side you think he would go to?

i have no problem with someone like you or dmk being mayor because you are not asking for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have read your analysis ... and you may have convinced me
Old 09-12-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If there is a tie in the voting for the day then the thread is reopened and only those candidates who are the top can be voted in. Unless players change, everyone voting for them is assumed to continue to do so. If this still results in a tie then the previous player eliminated decides who in the game goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

good catch zurvan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Vote DMK though

[/ QUOTE ]

Herbie, I take it that this means there's no chance of coaxing you out from under the umbrella? Because I really think that for the game you were talking about yesterday to come about, some people are going to have to have the balls to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]
I already said I am unwilling to "switch sides" because that would just be silly. If I had planned on switching yesterday would have been the correct time to do it. I think you guys made a major strategic mistake trying to crack the alliance through brute force yesterday but it wasn't my call. I'm not sure I could do anything to stop it now even if I wanted to and frankly I don't think I want to at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'd like to think we tried to coax you and/or anyone else out rather than using brute force and I thought that appealing to people's sense of fairplay over Zurv's Luckay elimination (which I thought at the time was a strategic blunder) might encourage someone to leave.

it's interesting that latecomers chose to join y'all, because my natural instinct is, much like dustin's it would seem, to take the opposing side to any apparant establishment all things being equal, and I would have expected POG to have a similar contrarian streak in them that appears largely absent.

anyway, gg.

[ QUOTE ]
mets - look at the above analysis. you really feel strongly enough that RT will support the alliance when he sees a better offer?

consider that possibility and tell me which side you think he would go to?

i have no problem with someone like you or dmk being mayor because you are not asking for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think RT sees the value of a loyal alliance. That's why he joined us, despite having an offer from the other side. The fact is, flippers go first when an alliance breaks, because they can't be trusted to keep to their word. Flipping on an alliance where you have a solid position, to a new alliance (of questionable loyalty to begin with) is not a smart move - and roundtower is a smart guy.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:03 AM

Zurvanites,

no need to get all worried about thoughts of backstabbing.

Just stick with the lebensraum and everything with be fine.

but eskimo is still right. If herbie turned on us as mayor, someone else could join the NWO (love it eskimo) and we would be pwned

[ QUOTE ]

it's interesting that latecomers chose to join y'all, because my natural instinct is, much like dustin's it would seem, to take the opposing side to any apparant establishment all things being equal, and I would have expected POG to have a similar contrarian streak in them that appears largely absent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because most poggers think winning > making an empty point about authority in a game
Old 09-12-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tomorrow there are 11 players left. (assume nich goes tonite for simplicity)

herbie gets elected mayor. herbie eliminates zurvan.

NWO:

Herbie
Val
Kokiri
Dustin
AJ
-----

and there you have 4 players grateful enough to take herbie in to the final 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

And with 10 players left, assuming the remaining 5 players in our alliance stick together, there is a tie at the end of the day. Upon revoting, there is still a tie.

That leaves the choice of who goes to the last player eliminated. In your scenario, that's me, and about 200% of the time, I eliminate Herbie for backstabbing the alliance. My allies still have power, Herbie has lost his good position in the game, for no gain.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think that the alliance would stick together with you gone?

consider the scenario above. who do you think RT would have a better shot with, a team of mets bravos me dmk or 5 guys who with one vote he could save?

im only bringing this up because you can be sure herbie has thought of this and its why he wants in to office tmr. he probably has his speech to me/RT already written up. lets just let mets lead til the final 7. easy.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but eskimo is still right. If herbie turned on us as mayor, someone else could join the NWO (love it eskimo) and we would be pwned

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.

Of course, that applies to any two people.

It also requires two people to trust the current members of the NWO (lol) to not [censored] them over at the first opportunity, just because it fits their natural anti-authority-i-just-wanna-raise-[censored] streak.