Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Stars Regs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
buying datamined hands isn't in violation of those terms

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you carrot

also El_Hombre_Grande, i am/have datamined for some very respected posters, so you calling them scum also???

just b/c your to cheap to pay for the edge, dont you go around calling someone scum ... u go and play and lose buyin after buyin trying to get those hands/info on players and your opponents will just get them the easy way and take those buyins

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am. If you would like to have an open discussion with pokerstars about the legality of your "product," then so be it. Otherwise, please remain in the shadows with the rest of the vermin.

No one really believes that buying datamined hands at a website that doesn't allow datamining is acceptable, they just believe they can't get caught.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eagle do you think datamining itself is immoral or only so because it is against the terms and conditions determined by pokerstars? since full tilt and other sites allow people to mine oserved hands are they condoning immoral behavior? pretty interested in ur response to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for me, if the site allows it, great, go for it.

If the site doesn't (a la Stars) then its cheating.

Not complicated at all.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

buying datamined hands isn't in violation of those terms

[/ QUOTE ]

While Carrotsnake is correct, there is little you can do with the HH files other than read them. Once you load them in to a database for use in whatever HUD, you are quite clearly in the process of:

[ QUOTE ]

build up a large collection of hand histories for future reference

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is clearly prohibited.

And as for:

[ QUOTE ]

There is noway to trace me giving anyone hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

They (PokerStars) can certainly tell your machine is recording hands) - You admitted somewhere else you had already received a warning!

As to your clients - there is a difference in Observed versus played hands, apart from the lack of a user's screenname sat at the table - It would not be hard for Stars to randomly pull a few hands from PT and check if any were datamined, although for now I doubt they would take things that far.

Given that PokerStars already writes different HH files for played / observed hands, blatant disregard of their TOC such as this wil probably result in zero observed HH available to anyone, which would be a shame [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 08:12 PM

Wow, I haven't played Stars 1/2 in about 5 months, interesting to see a lot of the same names still there. Are some of you guys like BGnight, Purediesel, Carrot and a few other guys I thought were good just huge bankroll nits and refuse to move up? Are do you guys just not win as much as I thought you guys do. I'm not bashing anybody just curious.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
eagle do you think datamining itself is immoral or only so because it is against the terms and conditions determined by pokerstars? since full tilt and other sites allow people to mine oserved hands are they condoning immoral behavior? pretty interested in ur response to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for me, if the site allows it, great, go for it.

If the site doesn't (a la Stars) then its cheating.

Not complicated at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

philosophically/logically this doesn't make sense to me. we're taking the exact same action except one site allows it and one site doesn't. morality/ethics is not based on currently implemented rules IMO. I don't think you can say some who datamines hands on stars is scum while someone who datamines hands on tilt isn't.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

morality/ethics is not based on currently implemented rules IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that entirely depends upon whether you consider rule-breaking immoral/unethical.

If you consider rule-breaking (often termed "cheating") unethical:

[ QUOTE ]

some who datamines hands on stars is scum while someone who datamines hands on tilt isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

makes perfect sense, no?

All depends on how you view playing "by the rules" or not.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:23 PM

what if you can consider the rules themselves to be unethical?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I haven't played Stars 1/2 in about 5 months, interesting to see a lot of the same names still there. Are some of you guys like BGnight, Purediesel, Carrot and a few other guys I thought were good just huge bankroll nits and refuse to move up? Are do you guys just not win as much as I thought you guys do. I'm not bashing anybody just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also want to add El_Pedrino and Mdom as guys I thought were good when I played 1/2 that are still there.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also want to add El_Pedrino and Mdom as guys I thought were good when I played 1/2 that are still there.

[/ QUOTE ]

im mdom, im a br nit and dropped 35 buys at 2/4 and 3/6
Old 09-15-2007, 10:21 PM

any thoughts on kenruf123?
Closed Thread