bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

I'd 2-barrel. c/f is obv. an option.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:47 PM

Karp,

Pairing the top pair there isn't the greatest thing for double barreling, but with his stats KQ may be the only king in his range for the flat call preflop and maybe not even that. If that's the case though he's not that likely to bet the turn (edit: I mean w/o a K) and he's fairly likely to fold all the other hands he'd float with if you fire again.

If you are going to go all the way and rep AK or KK or w/e then I think CR to $24 or something. I don't see how he does anything but fold unless he has you drawing dead, especially with megadraws like 7h5h and 5h3h not being at all likely calls preflop. The CRAI is more likely to be called if anything since he can put you on a draw.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd 2-barrel. c/f is obv. an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that this is likely the best way to take down the pot on the turn. Not a cr. If he's calling at this point on a dry board, the part of his range you can bluff him off of is pretty small.

Yugoslav
Old 08-27-2007, 07:38 PM

no reads, just started playing some cash today. smells like somethin fishy but do we have to bet the turn? i hate playing cash against shorties.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($386)
CO ($150.70)
Button ($173)
SB ($110.85)
BB ($200)
UTG ($90.70)
UTG+1 ($195.65)
MP1 ($227.15)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $26</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls $18.

Flop: ($55) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero??
Old 08-27-2007, 08:10 PM

u can bet or check. For me it depends on my opponents and what I think his range is and how light he calls.

If he is a solid opponent that has a real tight range to call here, I'd just check. He'll probably fold all under pairs and only call with AQ or what ever decent A he called with pre.

If he's a loose player that doesn't need much to call 3-bets oop, I'd bet for value.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:18 PM

chuckpalms,

i'd bet that flop against someone I didn't know (as implied by the lack of reads/stats/etc. in the post)

a lot of villains hands totally missed that flop, with very little chance of improving. they are unlikely to have AK (since there's an ace on the flop and two kings in your hand) and many other aces may have folded.

however, you dont want your opponent to bluff you off the best hand, which i think is what checking allows your opponent to do.

if you bet, and are called or check-raised, you can safely fold the hand without putting any more money in, as you're going to be massively behind a lot.

if you bet, and opponent folds, obviously this is good.

if you check, when opponent bets the turn, you may end up folding the best hand a heap

if you check, you're unlikely to get much value out of second best hands.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:22 PM

ok, about what i figured. what's a standard bet size here? with the pot at 55 and villain having 60 behind, do i bet like 30? i don't know how much is enough that i'm not pot stuck but he knows i've still got a hand.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 PM

betting $25- $30 would seem about right to me.

your opponent is not on a draw (KQs is the single hand that opponent might have that'd matter here), so it's not an issue of giving your opponent pot odds to draw out on you.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:31 PM

I always forget to look at stack sizes in these posts for some reason.

I'd check-behind here against this stack any time and get it in when he bets the turn.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:29 PM

chuck,

Looks like you may need to get it in vs. this guy even if you're behind due to pot:stack ratio. At least let him give you value from his crappy hands. So, check it down unless he bets and then call/arr in.

I dno, maybe vs. some opponents you can fold but guh, a stack his size will want to take this down with any hand he holds.

Yugoslav