Default Re: Abusive Mods Thread

[ QUOTE ]
"rude" is the trademark of atf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah? Well I won't stand for it!
Old 09-11-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seeing people I like lash out at one another is not only informative, but good old fashioned entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]

we are all just gladiators to mat sklansky's commodus
Old 09-11-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gidwulf,

Are you familiar with the business concept of just-in-time inventory? But which actually often fails in practice in the "in-time" part when they are out of stock and lose sales? Do you think those execs even try to account for such potential lost sales and take responsibility for same? Or do they just "assume" those lost sales don't amount to much even when their margin is thin?

Similar to such assumptions is that of those of you who "assume" that posters who are driven away from OOT actually find a place in one of those other community forums. If Coca Cola refuses to sell X% of their Classic drinking customers the product they want, why would they reward the company by just switching to another company brand? The fact is that since you cannot separate out those posters who choose more than one community forum, you have no way of determing whether there is in fact lateral movement, instead of posters who frequent multiple such forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your "just-in-time" analogy is flawed and doesn't really apply. We're not refusing to sell OOT or running out of OOT and it's not actively shutting out customers from participating in it. It is more like if they change the taste of coke, and market it and some people just don't like the new taste. But what they liked about the old coke is available in three different flavors on the same shelf.

As for evidence or proof, yes there is an assumption that posters who are driven away from OOT find a place in bbv4l. It's based on qualitative evidence which is why I said:

"From the numbers Sniper has showed us and from anecdotal evidence in bbv4l, the movement appears to have been lateral (to BBV4l and El D forum)".

I personally believe this is true based on my experience in OOT and BBV4l over the past 2.5 years as an active participant in OOT (formerly) and an active participant in BBV4l and mod. I have definitely noticed a lot of regular OOT posters moved to BBV4l, I could probably name 20 off the top of my head.

Do I have hard %? No I don't, but it would be relatively easy to do some quantitative analysis if Mat would be interested.

Figure out who the low volume (<10 posts a month), medium volume (10-30) and high volume (>30 a month) posters are in each offtopic forum over the last two years. Take a sample of them based on the overall sample size.

Ex: If there are, 5,000 regular posters in the offtopic forums every month a survey sample of 300 would be accurate within 5 points 19 times out of 20.

Ask them all the questions we are asking them here in a private email survey. I could think of a 45 question survey easily including demographics that would answer all our questions.

Run some data, run regressions based on key drivers, write a report and we would have our answers.

Alternately, we could gather a list of all the regular posters in excel every month and see how they've moved over time. Would be relatively easy in SPSS or STATA with the right data file.

Until we have that kind of data, yea Mat (and my and other mods and posters) feelings are based on anecdotal evidence. But so is your assumption that NT!s modding is causing people to leave.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"rude" is the trademark of atf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah? Well I won't stand for it!

[/ QUOTE ]

But Mike Haven will sit for it as he sips his Guiness.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like bluff. I like almost everybody who actively posts here. And seeing people I like lash out at one another is not only informative, but good old fashioned entertainment.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Until we have that kind of data, yea Mat (and my and other mods and posters) feelings are based on anecdotal evidence. But so is your assumption that NT!s modding is causing people to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gid,

You sure are putting a lot of effort into this. But my "assumption" really isn't just that. Because there is in fact empirical evidence that NT's modding either causes some posters not to frequent OOT, or to frequent it less often. Some of that evidence is in this thread where such posters state that is the case.

Why don't you run along now. This thread is starting to feel like a dysfunctional community forum.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gid,

You sure are putting a lot of effort into this. But my "assumption" really isn't just that. Because there is in fact empirical evidence that NT's modding either causes some posters not to frequent OOT, or to frequent it less often. Some of that evidence is in this thread where such posters state that is the case.

Why don't you run along now. This thread is starting to feel like a dysfunctional community forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

god you are so retarded you don't even know what you're arguing
Old 09-11-2007, 01:35 PM

Or you're just a Special Ed student who stumbled into the calculus classroom.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or your just a Special Ed student who stumbled into the calculus classroom.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gid,

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is you have anecdotal, qualitative data of people posting in this thread. And you are coming to a conclusion based on this evidence.

Got it.
Closed Thread