Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: MAFIA

[ QUOTE ]
Also, does anyone else agree that Books saying that he peeked the other seer is bad for us and good for the mafia?

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you have had me say?

If I name my seer as villager, he very likely dies.

If I name a random person as villager and he is Mafia, you all are completely screwed.

I find it funny that after Shorty goes nuts, and OH follows they turn around and find fault with how I dealt with the situation they created. Tell me what I should have done, and give me a break for not considering faking vigilante. Given the different roles in this game and the pressure I was under, I don't think anyone else would have thought of that either.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:00 PM

Normally if a seer peeks the other seer, by the time they come out, they can cover up that peek with a dead player. That wasn't an option here.

Given the situation, I think he covered as best he could.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, does anyone else agree that Books saying that he peeked the other seer is bad for us and good for the mafia?

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you have had me say?

If I name my seer as villager, he very likely dies.

If I name a random person as villager and he is Mafia, you all are completely screwed.

I find it funny that after Shorty goes nuts, and OH follows they turn around and find fault with how I dealt with the situation they created. Tell me what I should have done, and give me a break for not considering faking vigilante. Given the different roles in this game and the pressure I was under, I don't think anyone else would have thought of that either.

[/ QUOTE ]
it was a lose/lose/lose/lose scenario. if you are seer, i am truly sorry.

next time, fake vigilante.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

next time, fake vigilante

[/ QUOTE ]

Then the real vigilante comes out, and we lynch the seer anyway. Or worse, the real vigilante just shoots him at night.

Come on shorty, it was a [censored] situation, and there was nothing we could do about it.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

next time, fake vigilante

[/ QUOTE ]

Then the real vigilante comes out, and we lynch the seer anyway. Or worse, the real vigilante just shoots him at night.

Come on shorty, it was a [censored] situation, and there was nothing we could do about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
disagree. but, it's moot.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:06 PM

The arguments about how boiler must be a wolf since he wasn't killed last night don't make sense to me. If boiler is the vigilante and the wolves let him live, what can he do? He has no reasonable targets to go for. They wouldn't mind at all if he goes off and shoots someone now, because he's likely to just kill a villager anyway. Plus, there is a good chance (50%?) that the village will lynch him today. And of course, the village still has good reasons for that, it's just that him being alive doesn't seem to be the best one to me. I plan to go back and reread all his posts later -- wasn't he the one that started all of the vigilante discussion in the first place?

But at the moment I'm leaning towards voting books and leaving boiler... if boiler is a wolf then it seems most efficient to have the vigilante kill him, because the vigilante doesn't really have anything else to do. And I don't see why the wolves would buy body armour for him when he's likely to be lynched today. Their other options seem a lot stronger.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:06 PM

Books, you know I'm a skeptic. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

...especially when people come up with crazy scenarios. It reminds me of Nichp's wolf game in turbos.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:09 PM

don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you either soah [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Books, you know I'm a skeptic. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

...especially when people come up with crazy scenarios. It reminds me of Nichp's wolf game in turbos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will admit that I am half enjoying this, half wanting to hit something in frustration. As a wolf though I have a plan, and would have a goal in mind here. I don't see any gain from a Mafia doing this.

I have told the truth about everything, but you will have to trust me when I say that I am not going to get our other seer killed. If they get him it will be by luck, not because I gave it away.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The arguments about how boiler must be a wolf since he wasn't killed last night don't make sense to me. If boiler is the vigilante and the wolves let him live, what can he do? He has no reasonable targets to go for. They wouldn't mind at all if he goes off and shoots someone now, because he's likely to just kill a villager anyway. Plus, there is a good chance (50%?) that the village will lynch him today. And of course, the village still has good reasons for that, it's just that him being alive doesn't seem to be the best one to me. I plan to go back and reread all his posts later -- wasn't he the one that started all of the vigilante discussion in the first place?

But at the moment I'm leaning towards voting books and leaving boiler... if boiler is a wolf then it seems most efficient to have the vigilante kill him, because the vigilante doesn't really have anything else to do. And I don't see why the wolves would buy body armour for him when he's likely to be lynched today. Their other options seem a lot stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I read the rules correctly, we are not forced to auto lynch one of these two today.

Also, if boiler is a wolf he will probably have armor tonight (if not last night) to stop any vigilante's bullets. The only way he could have had it last night is if wdc is mafia. So, let's just do a little thinking:

WDC and Boiler both mafia - most likely boiler gets Armor and vigilante shoots at him.

WDC mafia boiler vigilante - nothing to be gleaned from the night action.

WDC seer, boiler mafia - wdc gets blocked, no one has armor yet so real vigilante probably shoots 2-3 shots at boiler. Consierge has $500 now. WDC will be killed or blocked tonight. This scenario is somewhat unlikely unless our vigilante is unlucky or not on the ball.

WDC seer, boiler vigilante - wdc blocked last night, consierge has $500 to spend tonight.

All other scenarios involve wdc and/or boiler playing like a tard. (The most absurd is WDC is the vigilante and boiler is a seer. Can the vigilante be bribed?)

I will back off the tard statement a little: if wdc is a villager, fake seering almost definitely costs the mafia a night kill or $100, which may or may not be worth it.

I tend to think both WDC and boiler are telling the truh. They both could be lying, and boiler got armor last night, but if only one is lying it is probably wdc.

I think a wdc lynch is bad right now, unless a cop comes out which they shouldn't without 2 mafia or the consierge.

Also, remember, if wdc is the seer and we kill the consierge, he is effective again.