Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Unpopular opinions that you hold

[ QUOTE ]
Religion is ridiculous nonsense and believing in it is not really a reasonable personal choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
THANK YOU! It's disgusting for me to listen to someone [censored] about how they "chose" to be a Christian or whatnot. At least I am able to realize that I'm an atheist because I was born into a family that did not practice religion. I have Christian friends, and I am not against them, nor the religion. It's just the extreme, evangelical ones that bother the [censored] out of me.

I usually get heat for this one, but I see bums as leeches on society, and it pisses me off that I'm paying higher taxes because of their lazy existence. Actually, even their presence on the streets bothers me.

I see wealth differently from a lot of people I know. I hate the fact that rich people pay a higher tax rate, but I see it as necessary. 400k out of a million means less than 8k out of 20k. But, I can't stand poor people whining about rich people. Who's paying all the taxes that everyone benefits from? Who's losing a huge chunk of their hard-earned money because others can't hold their own in society? (I don't consider actors and athletes to be people who have worked hard for their money.)
Old 07-02-2006, 07:41 AM

People who try to act tough by telling you it is almost statistical impossible that your plane may crash or you may be attacked by a shark are actually bigger pussies than yourself...they just don't have the balls to admit it.

Guys that read/subscribe to Men's Health, GQ, and Men's Fitness every month are most likely bi but just don't know it.

Quentin Tarantino is way overrated.

The populations obsession with going to Starbucks and drinking hot coffee in the middle of the day during the summer when its 100 degrees out is really strange and somewhat disgusting.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually get heat for this one, but I see bums as leeches on society, and it pisses me off that I'm paying higher taxes because of their lazy existence. Actually, even their presence on the streets bothers me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is some heat...

Most of the homeless are not lazy. Rather they are dug addicts, alcoholics, or suffer from some other mental disease.

Also, the .000000000001% of your taxes that go towards actual homeless people, is nothing compared to the half a trillion dollars we have spent on Iraq, something which republicans ironically have no problem paying for. BTW, that half a trillion is about $2,000 per United States citizen and since your complaints seem to indicate that you are fortunate enough in life to be in a higher tax bracket, you are putting allot more towards the "war" then that.

With that said, I am with you 100% on the religion thing.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reminder: Sports, Politics and Religion should stay the [censored] out of my thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-02-2006, 10:54 AM

All wine tastes terrible.

English girls are way uglier than average.

A really good meal beats a good root.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:58 AM

soda is DISGUSTING
Old 07-02-2006, 11:18 AM

All of the Superman, Batman, and Spiderman movies suck.

Comic books suck. The pictures arent cool. The dialogue isn't funny or cool. The plot is predicatable and lame. The paper smells funny.

Kristen Dunst used to be hot, but now looks like a crack whore.

Drew Barrymore used to be hot when she was a slutty alcoholic, now she is a fat bitch who makes really bad movies.

Family Man isn't funny.

Oliver Stone hasn't made a good movie since Platoon.

Tom Cruise and his crazy ass religous beliefs rule because they piss off people who are dumb enough to dislike a celebrity for his ecentricities.

NWA made really, really bad music.

Maxim magazine is a chick magazine marketed towards men.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:25 AM

"The Game" is so popular because it is presented in a fashion that nerds find non-threatening and entertaining. The majority of people who read the book, will be just as unsuccessful with women afterwards.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:21 PM

People that proudly advertise their marijuana use are lame and egotistical.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:31 PM

About 90% of Americans who watch/follow soccer only do so because they think it makes them seem worldly and cultured.