Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Ever have a hand haunt you?

[ QUOTE ]
EXCELLENT!!! Only someone who truly appreciates that movie would have know to respond with the appropriate phrase.

[/ QUOTE ]

"In honor of our guest for dinner I'll be serving French toast, French fries, French dressing, and to drink...Peru!" The Asians that learned English from watching Howard Cosell on teevee were awesome.

"One Crazy Summer" was a much better flick, IMO, even if it was before Do-Me's first boob job.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, best brag post ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: she was a superstar debater in HS and college, and is now a lawyer...I haven't won an argument in 15 years. I don't even try any more.

Variance: I don't have to work OR win at poker to support myself. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Variance, Pt 2: my senior year in college my clubmates actually voted me "Most Likely to Wind Up a Kept Man."

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious how you handled that proposal after 6 weeks, though. I'd have been a little shocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

iirc, I kicked her to the curb. Don't really know how I wound up here. Do you know my name and where I live? Help me, please.

In all seriousness, as I said, I knew after 20 minutes. I was just waiting to not appear desperate, so she actually saved me some trouble.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thinly veiled brag: my senior year in college my clubmates actually voted me "Most Likely to Wind Up a Kept Man."

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

I was engaged to my wife after dating for 4 months and I thought that was fast. You win the LOL engagement_insanements.

Funny how she asked you.... instead of asking my wife to marry my, I said "OK, I'll marry you" when I pulled out the ring. I pretend I was balla, but in reality, I was just nervous as [censored].

How long you been married now old man? 9.5 years for me!! ZOMGBBQ!!!ELEVEN!!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Variance: I don't have to work OR win at poker to support myself. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wondered how you can have time to poker and make insightful posts with 3 girls under 10. I have a 5 and 3 year old and work full time so less time for pokering and posting. I also met my wife through doubles volleyball, pokering may have to be put on hold for the summer as I play as much doubles vball as I can then. I'm a AA grass player, but from what I understand that equals A in California (I play in the Boston area). I love the fact I am 42 and come home from a day of playing covered in grass stains looking like an 8 year old.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 PM

Dealer: XXXX shows [Ad 3h]
Dealer: geauxcat shows [4h 4c]
Dealer: XXXX shows a pair of Threes
Dealer: geauxcat shows a pair of Fours
Dealer: geauxcat wins the pot (6,240) with a pair
of Fours
geauxcat (Observer): gg
XXXX (Observer): lol
geauxcat (Observer): ok then, i kicked your %@$
Old 03-27-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag/Beat: I've been married longer than I haven't. 26 years in Aug.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:31 PM

Maybe it's your excessive LSU pride that makes for this assessment, but Train, you definitely are the youngest old man here.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny how she asked you.... instead of asking my wife to marry my, I said "OK, I'll marry you" when I pulled out the ring. I pretend I was balla, but in reality, I was just nervous as [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

12 years in May for me... (I know you weren't asking me)...

We were at the Ren Faire here talking about getting married... our finances were already combined and we were still pretty strapped and I commented that I didn't know how I was going to get a diamond. She said she didn't care about a diamond, so I stopped at a jewelry vendor and bought a small pewter ring with a single knot on it... it was $3, iirc. I said, "There you go, we're engaged."

She still wears it, because I still haven't been able to afford a decent diamond.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should end it that way...it'll be 11 years in 3 days. Thanks for reminding me. And "thinly veiled brag"? I don't think they meant it as a compliment.

Shu: yeah, most of my doubles playing was grass courts in Virginia. I was AA on the Men's side, and played A on the co-rec side, but never higher than BB with the wife. We actually only played the one summer together before she went off to law school.

I play some indoor doubles out here, and rec league sixes, but my knees and back can't take the strain of playing in soft sand. Ironic that volleyball can be harder on my body than lacrosse.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She still wears it, because I still haven't been able to afford a decent diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife's FIRST engagement ring was the one my father's mother got from my grandfather, back before diamonds were fashionable. It was large, red stone known as a "Pigeon's Blood Ruby" (at least, that's what my g'mother called it) that my wife called the M&M.

Then my mom found HER mother's engagement ring. My uncle had taken the stones out of it, but it was a really nice antique platinum setting, so we got some really tiny diamonds for the side-stones and a blue topaz for the center; it was cheaper than a diamond, and very pretty. Ironically, she lost that one a few weeks ago at our weekly volleyball match.

She's now ordered herself something to replace it without consulting me, but it's probably just as well. I'd have her back in the M&M, I think.
Closed Thread