Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Sklansky bucks calculator (php script)

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I did all those steps (wote some Evs into an excel chart). I converted it to ptBB, and after I took the final square root, I got 4.68. This was for 47 showdown hands out of 800 total hands at 1/2.

What does the 4.68 represent? Im not sure its SD/100 in terms of ptbb. Any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you're just measuring how you're showdown win varies against your sklansky showdown win. I mean you can just look at it. If your skansly and real showdown lines are pretty much the same distance then you have low SD, if the two lines are sometimes far apart and sometimes close together then you have high SD.

I could be wrong about that feel free to correct me if anybody knows for sure.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What type of object are you storing the data in, are you using an ArrayList or are you doing the obj[] method

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, I have to say, I have no idea what you just said.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is the maximum number of hands ppl have successfully imported. I keep getting an out of memory exception when trying to do over 40k hands. I have 2 gigs of ram and it hovers around 85% usage when running this program.

An error occured. The error message was:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown

Ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]
Many of the memory problems should be fixed in the next update. The problem comes from the fact that I have to import most of the pokertracker database for a particular date/site/level range in order to do analysis, which chews through memory like crazy (it's the database engine, not my program). The other problem is that updating the analysis table in real time using multithreading creates/destroys so many objects that the GC cannot keep up. If you're having trouble during the calculation phase, click "suspend table updates while processing" which will completely stop memory usage during enumeration. I'll be fixing this too and you won't need to do it in future.

At present I get about 120K hands on a 1 gig machine, but I'm updating the queries to do short bursts so the database engine doesn't freak out and chew through gigs of ram, so there should be close to unlimited imports soon.

I do plan to add calcs of standard deviation.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:03 PM

Phil,

[ QUOTE ]

it's the database engine, not my program

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the .NET interfaces to postgres, right? because it is not Postgres that is giving the out of memory errors, for sure.

or are memory errors only an issue with access? (I have yet to encounter one)

[ QUOTE ]

I'm updating the queries to do short bursts so the database engine doesn't freak out and chew through gigs of ram

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this, my questions are probably irrelevant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

AWESOME program, btw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 01:09 AM

I have been using "suspend table updates while processing" and it still throws that exception.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:23 AM

When exactly are you getting this error?

- During database import?
- During enumeration?
- When clicking on the graphs or stats tab?

The first and last one will be fixed by the next update, the middle one shouldn't happen when "suspend table updates" is checked as it only uses about 20M for 50K hands.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been using "suspend table updates while processing" and it still throws that exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

When exactly are you getting this error?

- During database import?
- During enumeration?
- When clicking on the graphs or stats tab?

The first and last one will be fixed by the next update, the middle one shouldn't happen when "suspend table updates" is checked as it only uses about 20M for 50K hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same happens for me even when i suspend updates. This error occurs after the d-base is loaded when I click the graphs tab.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:29 AM

I again wanted to express my thanks for this, Phil.

Even if the long term graphing is a tad skewed, I found this program invaluable not just because it helped me fix a few small leaks, but because it gave me renewed confidence that I was playing a fundamentally winning style. This resulted in my play becoming more aggressive, and my bb/100 is through the roof. Not sustainable I know, but it's nice for a change!

Edit: also, Phil, it'd be useful for loading databases if there was a "load last x number of hands" option.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Amazing program...I'm still trying to comprehend how it all fits into my game, but basically in the analysis section you don't want your bets to be greater than your EV...you want it slightly below for optimal play correct? Also - if you're expected total winnings is higher than your total winnings does that simply mean you're running bad (in a perfect world your EW = TW?)

Or would the "running bad" be determined from the showdown and expected showdown?

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:59 PM

I just wanted to post my graphs here to try and illustrate my question above. Over the last 100k hands I've been a losing player - prior to I showed steady profits for the previous 500k hands. I played NL100 but recently dropped to NL50 because my roll was taking a beating. My graphs aren't looking quite like everyone else's in that all four of my lines are going off in their own direction. I didn't post the equity vs betting section, but my betting was approximately 10% below my equity for every street for all hands.

One other interesting thing is that for my big pairs and AK (AA, KK, QQ and AK) for hands I got all in I'm -534BB total but expected to be +704BB and that is through a sample of 250 occurances of high hands + AK. Are those stats just the times I put it all-in preflop or at any point in the hand we both went all-in?

Comments?