Nothing WTO - WTF? 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: ** Official September Chat Thread: The Grey Swan **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In other news, I continue my assault on NL100 like usual. +18 buyins in 7k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

you not moving up is so ridiculously -EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Play for fun, money don't matter much.

[/ QUOTE ]

<-------------agrees with not moving up

the avoidance of stress and/or tilt is underrated in terms of how it affects most utility curves
Old 09-04-2007, 10:36 PM

i cant talk [censored], i cant seem to stay at 2/4 longer than a day before wanting to hurt people.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
move up then

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people, myself included, play poker for other reasons besides the money.

NL100 allows me the ability to just realx and play the game I love w/ absolutly no stress. While still making a nice chunk of side cash, basically, poker is just a profitable hobby for me, and will never be anything more. I have no aspirations or goals of ever being a profressional and I honestly just don't have the work ethic or the free time to work on my game enough to become competitive at the higher levels.

Now, there is no doubt I would be a winning player at higher levels of FR play, this is certain. However, the swings at those levels even though I am overolled are still something I am not a fan off. No matter how large a bankroll or how you rich you are, you still can be uncomfortable with losing 2k in a day. Its a mindset really, and one that I cannot shake. And even if I could I don't think I would want too. Perhaps, this is why I will never really excell at poker.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In other news, I continue my assault on NL100 like usual. +18 buyins in 7k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

you not moving up is so ridiculously -EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Play for fun, money don't matter much.

[/ QUOTE ]

<-------------agrees with not moving up

the avoidance of stress and/or tilt is underrated in terms of how it affects most utility curves

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I like a lot of money. I just learn to distance myself from the money. Why settle for 10k months when you can have 100k, 200k?? Of course I am verrryyy laid back, have almost no stress, no expenses for 4 years, and a lot of competitiveness, so I am kinda different than ppl using this for a job etc in the point that I want to eventually be at the top and am not satisfied even with 10k months..lol I am so gonna be busto
Old 09-04-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No matter how large a bankroll or how you rich you are, you still can be uncomfortable with losing 2k in a day. Its a mindset really, and one that I cannot shake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is me, too. I am such a money nit...I never spend money, so I really have no need for it, yet my mind/ego can't take those big downswings, so I just keep grinding out $1500ish a month while playing part time (for fun). This is obviously not a good thing since I'm at least sort of considering playing full time, and it pisses me off, but I just can't shake it. I have money and don't use it, but I can't handle swings...it doesn't even make sense.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:11 PM

man, I'm moving up once I win a few more of these $12 180 mans. I'm pretty sure 100% roi is sustainable in these (if game conditions don't change).

The thing I hate about these swongs is that they don't bother me at all too the point that I won't move down until I have to move down like 2-3 levels if I run bad. In fact I usually move up and then run worse. Its bad. I am hoping to play a few wcoop events though and play sngs and donkaments (mainly 180 mans and sats) for the next week though.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:13 PM

play a hand with a pro -- a lesson in max value

one sec, converting and saving my donk
Old 09-04-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
play a hand with a pro -- a lesson in max value

one sec, converting and saving my donk

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice of you to give him a chance to save $2.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:16 PM

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $205.05
BB: $198.00
UTG: $141.05
UTG+1: $212.80
MP1: $210.00
MP2: $265.90
the_main (CO): $295.80
BTN: $111.00

Preflop: the_main is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $8.05</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $8.05, MP2 folds, <font color="red">the_main raises to $32.00</font>, 4 folds, MP1 calls $23.95

Flop: ($75.05) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets $30.00</font>, <font color="red">the_main raises to $60.00</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $90.00</font>, the_main calls $30.00

Turn: ($255.05) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">the_main bets $42.00</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $86.00</font>, <font color="red">the_main says "i has the nuts" and raises to $130.00</font>, MP1 calls all-in for $2.00
Uncalled bet of $42.00 returned to the_main

River: ($431.05) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $431.05 ($3 Rake)

MP1 had 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Fours and Deuces) and LOST (-$210.00)
the_main had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Aces full of Fours) and WON (+$218.05)
Old 09-04-2007, 11:22 PM

hahhahahahahahahah that is so great.
Closed Thread