Mets in 5 6 37.50%
Mets in 6 2 12.50%
Mets in 7 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Abusive Mods Thread

katy,

I actually respect Mat very much. And think that he is in tune with the demographic on which 2+2 depends for much of its success, and much more so than Mason would be. However when I see something that I think is silly from someone I respect, I'm not going to pretend the naked emperor has clothes on. And sarcasm is often a much more effective means of pointing out silliness than other arguments would be.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:56 PM

^^lol, if u thought that was rude, u should see of the previous exchanges between nt and bt
Old 09-11-2007, 01:02 PM

In retrospect, instead of describing BluffTHIS! as "one of Mike Tyson's early opponents" I should have gone with "Robin Givens".
Old 09-11-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're the one who doesn't get it. Unless you think that driving customers away from one of your company's brands would only drive them to another, instead of to a competitor's (or none which is still lost sales). Get it now?

[/ QUOTE ]

2p2 is offering 4 different services for different offtopic clientele: OOT, BBV4l, El D and the Lounge. Posters who feel that OOT is too strict or don't like NT!'s modding, and want a looser set of guidelines will move to BBV4l (and you see it happening quite often).

[ QUOTE ]
I like it when people move away from OOT to the lounge or Diablo's house and BBV4life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are taking what Mat said and you are twisting it, like he is actively trying to get people to leave oot by keeping NT as mod. Standard rhetoric bs.

He is saying that with the four possible offerings of offtopic communities, it's a good thing that people are building communities in the new forums and that lateral movement from one 'product' to another is important for building new brand loyalty. People who don't fit into OOT will find a home in BBV4l or the other two offtopic forums. As long as they visit the site, it doesn't matter.

I have yet to see any evidence that NT's modding style is specifically causing people to leave the site. From the numbers Sniper has showed us and from anecdotal evidence in bbv4l, the movement appears to have been lateral (to BBV4l and El D forum).

You think OOT is a flawed product (NT). A lot of people don't and those people are regular posters who accept NT's modding style. And Mat thinks NT is an asset to OOT, which is all that really matters.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:05 PM

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flamewar.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:12 PM

Gidwulf,

Are you familiar with the business concept of just-in-time inventory? But which actually often fails in practice in the "in-time" part when they are out of stock and lose sales? Do you think those execs even try to account for such potential lost sales and take responsibility for same? Or do they just "assume" those lost sales don't amount to much even when their margin is thin?

Similar to such assumptions is that of those of you who "assume" that posters who are driven away from OOT actually find a place in one of those other community forums. If Coca Cola refuses to sell X% of their Classic drinking customers the product they want, why would they reward the company by just switching to another company brand? The fact is that since you cannot separate out those posters who choose more than one community forum, you have no way of determing whether there is in fact lateral movement, instead of posters who frequent multiple such forums.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In retrospect, instead of describing BluffTHIS! as "one of Mike Tyson's early opponents" I should have gone with "Robin Givens".

[/ QUOTE ]

tug,

When I think of you and Mike Tyson, I envision you as his cellmate when he got to the joint. He must have said, "Whoo Hoo! I got Paris Hilton for a roomie!".
Old 09-11-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact is that since you cannot separate out those posters who choose more than one community forum, you have no way of determing whether there is in fact lateral movement, instead of posters who frequent multiple such forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're hoping it's lateral. There are a few people who now post in the Lounge and not OOT since their exile. They could have simply left the site for good but they chose not to, which is cool.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:18 PM

"rude" is the trademark of atf.

get on the ball katy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like bluff. I like almost everybody who actively posts here. And seeing people I like lash out at one another is not only informative, but good old fashioned entertainment.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like bluff. I like almost everybody who actively posts here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well now, that opens up a nice little 'ole can-o-worms, don't it?
Closed Thread