Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 6, Sun., July 15**

[ QUOTE ]
It's blatantly obvious that Scotty's strategy is to lay low and pick up a double up here and there to work his way up. With maniacs making overbets left and right, all Scotty has to do is sit back and jam when he gets the best of it. From what I know, this is basically the antithesis of how Scotty normally plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], what are the odds of both of us using the word antithesis in back to back posts.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:57 PM

From the coverage, Scotty is clearly seriously hammy the typical Scotty act up a few degrees. I expect a huge amount of Scotty coverage regardless of full table, but ESPN must be pulling for him.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Featured Table: Scotty Nguyen Doubles Through Philip Hilm
Ray Henson has the button in seat 3, Philip Hilm raises under the gun to 300,000, and Scotty Nguyen calls from the small blind. The flop comes , Nguyen checks, Hilm bets 400,000, and Nguyen calls. The turn card is the , Nguyen checks, Hilm pushes, and Nguyen calls all in for 1.92 million.

Hilm shows for a diamond flush draw and a gut-shot straight draw. But the crowd explodes in a cheer as Scotty Nguyen shows for a full house on the turn. Philip Hilm is drawing dead.

The meaningless river card is the , and Hilm rivers his king-high straight -- but it's too little, too late, and Scotty Nguyen wins the pot to double up to 5.43 million in chips.

Yeah!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is antithesis of coin flipping with a stack of a kagillion BB.
Small ball, a few blind steals, wait for the nuts, trap some moron.....................double up baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they both went all in preflop different cards would have came...

[/ QUOTE ]

The real point is that if a different flop had come, Scotty would have played it differently post-flop.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:59 PM

That's why we don't hear much from Scotty. It just took a while for someone to finally give chips to him. Drawing dead on the turn, tremendous.

ITS ALL OVA BABY!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ray Henson has the button in seat 3, Philip Hilm raises under the gun to 300,000, and Scotty Nguyen calls from the small blind. The flop comes , Nguyen checks, Hilm bets 400,000, and Nguyen calls. The turn card is the , Nguyen checks, Hilm pushes, and Nguyen calls all in for 1.92 million.

Hilm shows for a diamond flush draw and a gut-shot straight draw. But the crowd explodes in a cheer as Scotty Nguyen shows for a full house on the turn. Philip Hilm is drawing dead.

The meaningless river card is the , and Hilm rivers his king-high straight -- but it's too little, too late, and Scotty Nguyen wins the pot to double up to 5.43 million in chips.

Yeah!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is antithesis of coin flipping with a stack of a kagillion BB.
Small ball, a few blind steals, wait for the nuts, trap some moron.....................double up baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they both went all in preflop different cards would have came...

[/ QUOTE ]

The real point is that if a different flop had come, Scotty would have played it differently post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real point is that Scottie knows how to play poker.

[ QUOTE ]

Ray Henson has the button in seat 3, Philip Hilm raises under the gun to 300,000, and Scotty Nguyen calls from the small blind. The flop comes {10-Diamonds}{5-Clubs}{5-Spades}, Nguyen checks, Hilm bets 400,000, and Nguyen calls. The turn card is the {9-Diamonds}, Nguyen checks, Hilm pushes, and Nguyen calls all in for 1.92 million.

Hilm shows {K-Diamonds}{Q-Spades} for a diamond flush draw and a gut-shot straight draw. But the crowd explodes in a cheer as Scotty Nguyen shows {9-Clubs}{9-Spades} for a full house on the turn. Philip Hilm is drawing dead.

The meaningless river card is the {J-Hearts}, and Hilm rivers his king-high straight -- but it's too little, too late, and Scotty Nguyen wins the pot to double up to 5.43 million in chips.

Edit: Deleted it first
Edit 2: Reinserted it because earlier post left out the cards.
Edit 3: USE FIREFOX INTERNET DONKS!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Its ironic that most of the people posting here on this board think they are better than most of the people still playing in the ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of posters here who ARE better than most of the people still playing in the ME.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its ironic that most of the people posting here on this board think they are better than most of the people still playing in the ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty of posters here who ARE better than most of the people still playing in the ME.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-15-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

aham thank you.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:02 PM

Man, can you imagine if Scotty took it down. That would be so sick in amongst all the hundreds of people saying 'Nobody will ever take a second ME title again'.

-Andy