Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many poker books do you read every month?
books? what are those 21 25.93%
1-2 53 65.43%
3 or more 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Caro\'s Tells: the OESD whisperer

[ QUOTE ]
honestly tho what else could he possibly have? A9?

[/ QUOTE ]

AT. Any 9. 44. A4. AK for that matter. Given that there's only 4 combinations of two cards that you're behind on this river, and 6 combos of A9 alone, it's a bigger mistake to just call the c/r than to 3bet and call the cap.

Give me a read on the Villan and that story may change, of course.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd still pay for the drink, but that's me. Also, I don't think I could be comfortable working there if I knew that was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is always the conflict of not wanting to work at all, and needing the money flow. I a) have no money flow currently, and b) when successful at poker (which irrelevant results say I'm not), then I don't make enough money to support myself, which leads us back to point A. So, I have little choice but to apply and hopefully take the job and be aware that one or more of the employees may or may not be quite as honest as one may hope. On the other hand, I am looking to aquire a little capital and then I plan to invest into something that will get me out of the $9/hr job market.

[ QUOTE ]
link, you strike me as one of those hopelessly oblivious straight guys, but was the barista cute? did he make any lingering eye contact? smile excessively? have a c.o.c.k. ring?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what "hopelessly oblivious" has to do with it, but yes to the straight guy. As a result I didn't find him particularly cute or otherwise inspired with feelings of envy. No lingering eye contact. Both his coworker and his manager were fairly attractive women, which certainly shifts whose eyes I'm looking in. He didn't smile much at all, just a neutral expression. And about the ring, I'll let you get the answer to that one on your own.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AT. Any 9. 44. A4. AK for that matter. Given that there's only 4 combinations of two cards that you're behind on this river, and 6 combos of A9 alone, it's a bigger mistake to just call the c/r than to 3bet and call the cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. ok, its not like this situation on the river comes up frequently enough to make a huge change to your winrate.

have a good trip boz.

Kit
Old 07-24-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And about the ring, I'll let you get the answer to that one on your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

plz post trip report
Old 07-24-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He raised utg in an 8-handed game. Just because you have a boat is no reason to start putting people on ridiculous longshot hands just to give yourself an excuse to raise. Same goes for just assuming he's going to cap every street with AK UI.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd still pay for the drink, but that's me. Also, I don't think I could be comfortable working there if I knew that was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol NIX you big pussy. Clearly never worked a low-paided service job?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol NIX you big pussy. Clearly never worked a low-paided service job?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a legitimate concern. Working with some one that breaks one rule indicates he may be willing to break others. I had a guy in a class once that asked the group when we were outside during a break if we wanted to buy an iPod off of him "real cheap". When he's asked where he got it, he said he swiped it off of some one. I didn't flip out about it, but I maintained a constant awareness of where my possesions were when he attended class.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:08 PM

I don't get it? Are you guys bashing the river 3-bet? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I would say that [censored] streets in that hand are preflop and flop.

And whats with no love on the turn raise? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2007, 07:32 PM

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

River: (6.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 9d Kd (flush, king high).
Button has Jc Qh (flush, ten high).
Outcome: BB wins 8.70 BB. </font>
Old 07-24-2007, 08:02 PM

UPDATE: My .25/.50 winrate is now up to -6.83 BB/100! AA is still at -.38 BB/hand though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (22 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Ad 4c (one pair, aces).
Button has 7h Qd (two pair, queens and sevens).
Outcome: Button wins 26 BB. </font>
Closed Thread