Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Libertarians
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-israeli stance more than the pro-palestinian one. 16 76.19%
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-palestinian stance more than the pro-israeli one. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus.

I hope you guys at VT are ok.

Also, leatherface is gone for 5 days. Srsly LF you are a sick [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe this isnt the place to discuss this, but did he really get banend for saying that hes been giving warning signs? Its a huge tragedy, and this does suck, but come on. This is like the days after 9/11 if you talked bad about US foreign policy or mocked the government you were committing treason.

This is bbv, dont post Serious Business here expecting no jokes. Unless I missed a post he didnt break any rules, since when is bad taste a bannable offense in bbv4life?

[/ QUOTE ]

He got tempbanned for threatening to carry out a copycat shooting spree. I'm not going to tolerate that kind of behaviour. If you have a problem with the ban, pm mat sklansky or ryan beal or take it to ATF.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guild,
a forum like this has a pretty high chance of being the home to some people with very poor social skills. Someone like leatherface saying that kind of stuff worries me as it there is a decent likelihood that his words carry some weight. Incidents like the shooting today are often the result of someone feeling ostracized from humanity. Statements like his can be bitter cries of help
Old 04-16-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will America ever realize that everyone having access to guns isn't a good idea

[/ QUOTE ]

If everyone has guns, these shooting rampages will be very short-lived. Outlawing guns only ensures that [censored] like this will happen because only the murderer will have a gun when the shooting goes down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Urgh, if one side can 'debate' a point, so can the other.

Here in the UK we had Dunblane.

Then we banned ALL handguns and restricted massively access to other firearms.

Number of school shootings since Dunblane = Zero.

Cause of school shootings? Violent video games and films? Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is funny that the NRA is such a huge lobbying force and so the issue of gun control gest very little air time when it seems it should be at the forefront of the general topic.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:37 PM

In the Video Camera footage, is the quiet crackling sound gun shots, or just the louder ones?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling we will see a large public negative reaction to the way VT handled this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, lawyers and lawsuits will follow. People will want someone to blame and the only person to really blame is dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there really was a shooting at 7:15 then VT can definitely be blamed. WHY HOLD CLASSES? Are they that important? Were they just doing media damage control, trying to keep it quiet?

If there was a shooting at my school, even if the shooter was dead or caught or whatever, there is NO WAY they hold classes.

Everyone of the students should have gotten an e-mail and campus police should have been at every entrance turning away off-campus sutdents, telling them campus was closed due to that. Police should have been absolutely swarming.

Obviously none of this happens w/o shooter, but (and this could change) how it looks now, VT [censored] up big time.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will America ever realize that everyone having access to guns isn't a good idea

[/ QUOTE ]

If everyone has guns, these shooting rampages will be very short-lived. Outlawing guns only ensures that [censored] like this will happen because only the murderer will have a gun when the shooting goes down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Urgh, if one side can 'debate' a point, so can the other.

Here in the UK we had Dunblane.

Then we banned ALL handguns and restricted massively access to other firearms.

Number of school shootings since Dunblane = Zero.

Cause of school shootings? Violent video games and films? Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is funny that the NRA is such a huge lobbying force and so the issue of gun control gest very little air time when it seems it should be at the forefront of the general topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man alive, I am trying soooooooooooooooooo hard to not jump into politics here.

Guys, srsly, no politics in this thread. Not appropriate.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to lessen the tragedy of this incident, but these things hardly come as a surprise to me. We breed a culture of violence, intolerance and insanity and then we are surprised when these deranged people go off on rampages. The U.S. has one of the highest divorce rates among the Western countries and is well-known for it's unstable familial structures and terrible parenting. A lot of children grow up having never been disciplined by their parents, if their parents were ever around that is. We are also one of the stupidest among the industrialized countries- we consistently score among the bottom in math and science in standardized global tests. I believe that our public education system is a joke and that students are not adequately equipped with the virtue or the skills to cope with situations that arise in life. Another contributing factor is that America is a hyper-competitive society and those who fall behind are marginalized and ignored. Lastly take into consideration this country's current political climate of vigilantism coupled with lax gun laws and these school shootings are hardly surprising. After all, over 60% of the world's serial killer population is located in this country. Call me a pessimist but I believe these shootings are only going to intensify and become more prevalent over the next few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, this is prolly one of ur best posts ( did u write it?? ), but take this stuff to politics and scream at them about it...
Old 04-16-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is almost as big as the brandi thread

[/ QUOTE ]

dude what the [censored] is wrong with you, just stop [censored] posting you useless [censored] idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm sorry if i made you cry

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously someone ban this guy

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to back this up mods, look at his previous posts in this thread

[ QUOTE ]

Beat: obv
Brag: more reason to browse 2p2?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
1) Participate in debate.
2) Reprimand others for debating.
3) ???
4) Profit

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a time and a place for this sort of stuff but a thread about a hugely shocking, effecting story such as this (regardless if its in BBV4L or anywhere else) I dont feel comments like this should go unnoticed

[/ QUOTE ]

If somebody doesn't show what you feel to be the proper reverence just ignore it and move on. Jesus [censored] christ. He wasn't insulting or clearly disrespecting anybody. Barrettboy threatened to kill somebody over nothing in this thread but we all can easily understand the context, no? You don't know what people have been through or what their lives have been like and why they might be desensitized to this sort of thing, so unless it's an outright insult/mockery/etc chill the [censored] out.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the Video Camera footage, is the quiet crackling sound gun shots, or just the louder ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that the loud noises were gun shots, and the crackling noises were maybe caused by the camera.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the shooting at UW.

That was a murder suicide by a guy who was known to be stalking the girl that was killed. There was no concern that a gunman was loose on campus at all, because he was dead in the same room as the girl he killed.

The situations aren't really that similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually they are because theres no way the school knew that until after the police arrived and made that conclusion. So you are saying its perfectly reasonable for the school to assume that it was a murder suicide and not warn the students to stay away from campus until things are resolved? my bad.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that the loud noises were gun shots, and the crackling noises were maybe caused by the camera.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I thought, but a reporter said the crackling was gunshots, but I doubt it.