Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Alright gildwulf so ur scared of NL.

CC,

Neither James nor I have said it's right or excusable because it's "Internet friends." We've simply said that people shouldn't be surprised when this stuff happens w/ people who aren't really their friends, which is often the case. No different really than "cardroom friends."
Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 PM

lars,

"From what I'm reading it sounds like the whole thing is really a non issue"

Good analysis!

"Most of us here, I'd imagine, would never put 10k on any gambling activity, let alone 3 in a week."

Yeah, virtually nobody around this place would wager thousands of dollars all the time.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I'm reading it sounds like the whole thing is really a non issue. GW took HIV for around 30k. In the end, the screw-job(assuming it existed in as manmy facets as has been suggested) failed. No big deal on the financial side, which, in poker, is what really matters. GW lost NOTHING in this whole thing. The morals of the whole thing are pretty much the issue.

The solution to that is simply to post the poker screen names of those that were morally reprehensible, so that those of us who would like to play honest poker, can. As for Shaun, maybe he just has a different opinion than most of you all. People are people, you know. I'm not one to cast judgement on someone for what they do, save to stay away from them when it comes to the danger zone. Most of us here, I'd imagine, would never put 10k on any gambling activity, let alone 3 in a week.

I just hope burned bridges can be repaired. This is an awesome community.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to read more and read more carefully then. just because they attempted to cheat someone and failed doesnt make it okay for someone to do this. the match was agreed to be between gild and hiv. not gild vs hiv + tongni + shaundeeb + whomever else was in the room to help him.

the fact that people are somehow defending hiv and companies actions in this whole situation is ridiculous.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quick Recap:

Someone named GILDWULF forms a corporation of investors to challenge someone named HIV in a series of 10k freeze outs ON THE INTERNET and somewhere down the line things got shady.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha quoted for greatness.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-10-2007, 09:45 PM

what i've learned:

james is pretty much right about everything.

and shaundeeb is either mentally retarded or just the worst writer i've ever encountered - hope poker works out for him.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you need to read more and read more carefully then. just because they attempted to cheat someone and failed doesnt make it okay for someone to do this. the match was agreed to be between gild and hiv. not gild vs hiv + tongni + shaundeeb + whomever else was in the room to help him.

the fact that people are somehow defending hiv and companies actions in this whole situation is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

My intention is not defend their actions, but rather to point out that people getting overly excited about it is kinda insane. IT FAILED. Thump the principle book all day long. What happened, happened. The effort failed, which is what really counts. GW can now put $30,000 dollars in his pocket with the knowledge that he beat several people to get it. Personally, I'd wear that as a badge of honor.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at all the warped morality in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at you making 10+ posts about this and adding nothing.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My intention is not defend their actions, but rather to point out that people getting overly excited about it is kinda insane. IT FAILED. Thump the principle book all day long. What happened, happened. The effort failed, which is what really counts. GW can now put $30,000 dollars in his pocket with the knowledge that he beat several people to get it. Personally, I'd wear that as a badge of honor.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Convicted of a crime I didn't even commit. Hah! Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry? Do they?!"

Old 01-10-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny though your last 3 days at pca are having you put effort into putting down others so you can feel superior. Which will never be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 01-10-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ching chang walla walla bing bang

[/ QUOTE ]