View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are kind of being a googletard at this point. You asked for the studies, I found them for you. I even linked them for you. I only QUOTED the results or conclusions, to make it easier on you, but if you really want all the numbers and percentages and data maybe you should try reading some of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the studies added any info, no percentages. One wasn't even relevant because it was on caffeine withdrawal. Most said "caffeine group was more alert than normal group". No percentage of groups were quoted and no amount of improvement in alertness was noted.

But, it's the same as steroids. I get it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you look in the data and results sections or just at the abstracts?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Improving THIS ability, the ability to remember it, to levels I couldnt otherwise achieve, is JUST LIKE STEROIDS.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. Saying it over and over again isn't going to make it true.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, but you saying "no it isnt" is totally different, right?

Recall is a skill. Learning material is also a skill but it is a very different skill. Improving your recall is not "something you could have done anyway." It is a completely individual skill. Caffeine improves this skill. Artificially. The fact that I am recalling facts that I used a DIFFERENT skill to put in my brain in the first place makes no difference.

It IS allowing me to do something I couldnt already do. It is allowing me to "recall things really well." Something I couldnt already do.

[/ QUOTE ]

At a miniscule level, if any, and not with all people, and it isn't the core activity, which is learning the material....repeat....repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

At a miniscule level? None of the studies said anything about any miniscule level. They all said significant and well-known, words like that.

And I dont know how many times I have to tell you that recall IS the core activity in medical school before you believe me. Would it help if I told you I was a medical student?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:42 PM

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to reproduce parts of these articles that require a subscription to access in the middle of a post. Any mod tell me if thats ok? Obviously these are scientific studies and the exact magnitude of the effect of caffeine is in the data and results section of these papers. Charts, tables, the whole thing! Almost like a real research paper! They just arent included in the abstract.

I would go so far as to say that if BSF is ACTUALLY interested in learning about the % increase for a set dose of caffeine he could find his way to accessing these articles on his own time but I doubt thats going to happen.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I dont know how many times I have to tell you that recall IS the core activity in medical school before you believe me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's amazing. I guess reading and memorizing the material just isn't that important.

[ QUOTE ]
Would it help if I told you I was a medical student?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have figured that out by now.

You wouldn't have to use caffeine if you spent less time arguing and more time studying!

The biggest argument against your analogy is that caffeine can be by anyone legally and equally, minimizing any advantage someone supposedly has.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:44 PM

I'm done for tonight......

"Morning Ralph"
"Morning Sam"
Old 11-02-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I dont know how many times I have to tell you that recall IS the core activity in medical school before you believe me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's amazing. I guess reading and memorizing the material just isn't that important.

[ QUOTE ]
Would it help if I told you I was a medical student?

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have figured that out by now.

You wouldn't have to use caffeine if you spent less time arguing and more time studying!

The biggest argument against your analogy is that caffeine can be by anyone legally and equally, minimizing any advantage someone supposedly has.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, reading and memorizing the material is important. But thats a completely separate issue. ONCE THATS DONE, now we have to use the skill of recall. Thats how we pass tests. Most of us have learned the material at some point. We have to RECALL it.

Your last line is all the white flag I needed, btw. Thats EXACTLY the point, they arent different at all, except one is legal and one isnt. This is why I bothered to STIPULATE THAT THEY AGREED THAT WAS IMMATERIAL.

Caffeine may be able to be used by anyone legally but so would steroids be if we just legalized them. Caffeine has negative health effects. Why should I be forced to subject myself to these negative health effects just to compete on a level playing field?

Your argument reduces to "steroids should be banned because they are banned, caffeine should be allowed because it is allowed."
Old 11-02-2007, 08:54 PM

Also, strength and hand-eye coordination are two entirely different skills that allow you to hit a home run. What you are saying is that, since steroids only help with the strength aspect, they arent really doing anything you couldnt do otherwise merely by hitting the ball PERFECTLY SQUARE every single time by improving hand-eye coordination. So they dont really help.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be done for the night as well if I were getting pwned as badly as you are... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be done for the night as well if I were getting pwned as badly as you are... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is 10times more ownage than anything redbean ever did, and redbean owned the [censored] out of some fools
Old 11-02-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The studies I've linked state that there is a dose-dependent performance boost with caffeine. So, the "impact" of caffeine is whatever you want it to be. It isnt 5% or 100%, its related to how much you take.

Just like steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, break time's over. Girls are in bed...

You believe you can improve your recall 100% by taking caffeine. Show me some proof of this. As a matter of fact, show me ANY percentage or improvement that you believe to have taken place.