Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 PM

Default SSNL POKER [cheese] thread April

Please don't clutter the forum by starting crappy threads. The open forum is mostly for hand threads and a few theory posts here and there. Fill this thread with only poker related content. Things you'd like to share or ask about, but probably aren't worthy of their own thread.

For example, stuff like this:

--Full Tilt is a ROCK GARDEN!!!1!!
--graphs/stats
--busto/robusto/rostucko
--silly, odd, peculiar hands
--does anyone still play at UB?
--here's my stats over 300 hands, move up?
--best players at NL200 Party?
--non-strat questions that aren't worthy of their own thread
--various other poker junk/crap/misc.

Also, NO FLAMING PLEASE. And please don't circumvent the profanity filters by creative means. And don't break the cheese thread by posting oversized images!

Enjoy!

Please note we have another cheese-type thread for non-poker related OT content called SSNL [Life].
Old 04-25-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: SSNL POKER [cheese] thread April

am i not the best 200 reg at stars now or what???
Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<----does not play enough to comment on who the best players are.

but, i found dayninja to be a very strong player. bait seems to be pretty solid as well, though not particularly hard to play against. mayhem is pretty aggro/good too. dtemp is too.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
<----does not play enough to comment on who the best players are.

mayhem is pretty aggro/good too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we thinking of the same mayhem? I thought he was a weak tight nit.

And I thought it was pretty obvious Im the best NL200 reg [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2007, 04:39 AM

Brag: Finaly got an internet conection at home.

Been playing like 1.5 month without PT/PAH. Done pretty good, but i think i go on tilt and go way out of line to often.
A hand
Full Tilt 100NL
Sb 100$ Hero GoCart_Moe [Kd Js]
Bb 167$ Villian some anoying regular
Notes. rr RR fl? meaning thats hes been raising and Reraising maybe floated me to.

Im pissed. Its PAYBACK time!
everybody fold to HERO in sb i bet 4$
Villian calls
Flop (pot 8$) Tc 6h 6c
Hero bets 8$ (Die scumbag)
Villian raises to 22$
Hero raises to 56$ (No way!)
Villian go all-in

Hero thinks (hmm i guess you have AT, ill just need a K or J and i have a backdoors8) and calls

Villian shows As 6s

Hero loses his stack.

If any of you have stats/notes/toughts on me from April at 100 NL id like to hear from you.

GoCart_Moe
Old 04-27-2007, 04:52 AM

Didn't want to start a new thread for this hand, standard though yeah? Villain was a decent TAG, my image was sLag, nothing out of line though. The only play on the turn is to shove correct?

FWIW I didn't bet the flop because I've learned lately that when TAG's bet and call a 3-bet OOP pf they are usually going to try and c/r the flop. Anyway comments on the hand?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$1/$2 Blinds
4 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $73.35
BB: $209.65
UTG: $236.65
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $216</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $6</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $14

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($42) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($42) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $42</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $196</font>, UTG calls all-in for $147.65
Uncalled bet of $6.35 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> ($421.30) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $421.30 ($2 Rake)

UTG had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$209.65)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and LOST (-$209.65)
Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If any of you have stats/notes/toughts on me from April at 100 NL id like to hear from you.

GoCart_Moe

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem like a decent enough LagTag, maybe a little over aggro.

[ QUOTE ]
I have been winning until coming to Full Tilt...

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard.

[ QUOTE ]
postgres...problem...

[/ QUOTE ]

Some pg mailing list.. Sounds like good old windows to me.

(Uh oh, I'm trying to help someone again...and I included a link. This well not end well.)
Old 04-27-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
&lt;----does not play enough to comment on who the best players are.

but, i found dayninja to be a very strong player. bait seems to be pretty solid as well, though not particularly hard to play against. mayhem is pretty aggro/good too. dtemp is too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I know this was at the beginning of the thread, but OMG dayninja is terrible. He's a LAG preflop and a puss after the flop, he's super easy to play against. Yesterday was the first and probably last time I played against him (moving all my money to Full Tilt, Rakeback BABY!!!!!!!!!) and I was tempted to sit with him at all my tables. He does dumb stuff like 3bet OTB with 94o or Q5s. You don't do dumbness like that with 2 players still to act. He also never ever folds OPs. One example is when I 3bet him with KK from the BB he calls with QQ, flop comes T high, I bet, turn is a rag I make a slight overbet shove he snap calls.

So yea in short he sucks. Bait is so tight I don't why people ever pay him off, Dtemp is the best of the guys you mentioned because Mayhem is a borderline nit as well.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
&lt;----does not play enough to comment on who the best players are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I know this was at the beginning of the thread, but OMG dayninja is terrible. He's a LAG preflop and a puss after the flop, he's super easy to play against. Yesterday was the first and probably last time I played against him (moving all my money to Full Tilt, Rakeback BABY!!!!!!!!!) and I was tempted to sit with him at all my tables. He does dumb stuff like 3bet OTB with 94o or Q5s. You don't do dumbness like that with 2 players still to act. He also never ever folds OPs. One example is when I 3bet him with KK from the BB he calls with QQ, flop comes T high, I bet, turn is a rag I make a slight overbet shove he snap calls.

So yea in short he sucks. Bait is so tight I don't why people ever pay him off, Dtemp is the best of the guys you mentioned because Mayhem is a borderline nit as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're funny. im not going to argue with you because i dont judge anyone from a few showdowns, but since we're not playing anymore let me teach you a few things.

1. if you are opening 30-40% from the CO, im +EV to 3bet you 80% of the time on button with tight blinds. btw i was targetting you and trying to piss you off at the tables, and you obliged by stacking off when you didnt have to
2. if you are opening 30-40% from the CO, and im 3betting you from the button with 80% of my range, then you are way -EV to call with [censored] like JTo or playing 44 for set value. maybe some other time i'll tell you how to counter preflop aggression properly, but you werent so i kept doing it. then you stack off with JT on a Q99 flop (playing JT oop against a wide range in a 3bet pot) lol nice.
3. funny how you call me a postflop puss when i run like [censored] in one session. i have one of the highest bluffing frequencies in the 1/2 game and its pretty evident by how light i get called down. if im not hitting, im not going to act like im hitting in every hand.
4. as for the KK v QQ hand, you're an idiot. that hand is 100% standard. i dont have any of the hands, and im not even sure you're who im thinking of (but im pretty sure you are), but the hand was:

i open button, you 3bet from BB, i call. flop is T-rag-rag. you bet i cal. turn is blank. you push. if your range is only KK+ here... funny how youre call me a puss

anyways, i barely play anymore, and i only played since slavery_lol was sitting behind me watching. he thought i played well the entire session. i consider him one of the top 1/2 stars players.

but you did call me out ("i would sit with dayninja at every table"). PM me your AIM sn, and even though im sick of poker and pretty busy with life, i'll find time to play you hu. i'd move money online and play you 5/10. if you think i suck that much get stakers, pussy. i beat 5/10nl on party for 2.5ptbb/100 for about 130k ahnds and i beat 3/6nl on party for 5ptbb/100 over about 150k hands. what now, bitch?

edit: oh yea, for added incentive im down a lot over my past 50k hands (this is defnitely a big enough sample dont you think?), so i suck and you should play me
Old 04-28-2007, 04:16 PM

Yea I thought downswings were supposed to end sometime, guess not
Closed Thread