Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: JUNE 2007 (nc)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Send them an email (or another). Everyone should do it so they do something about it. I started a thread about it here :

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...0#Post10553963
The 2+2 Forums: Full Tilt : Major problem missing hands

I think it's especially bad because I often leave the table right after a big hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea this bug has been even in pokerstars software for ages. lucky i noticed it early so i always make sure to sit out and wait a few hands before leaving a table.

Annoying sometimes coz when you get really angry at a bad beat and just instaclose the table before the next hand starts...those are the kinda hands that are big pots.

fkin pokerstars disconnects loadsa people when i get AA and raise. typical

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wait a little bit before leaving a table because I don't want to miss a hand.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always wait a little bit before leaving a table because I don't want to miss a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea thats probably the sensible thing to do since you've paid your blinds for the round. But when you are on mad tilt and you have 3 more hands to play on each table. It is probably more +ev to close the tables immediately before you stack off on all 494045 tables in the next 3 hands.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea thats probably the sensible thing to do since you've paid your blinds for the round. But when you are on mad tilt and you have 3 more hands to play on each table. It is probably more +ev to close the tables immediately before you stack off on all 494045 tables in the next 3 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant I wait a hand after I sit out to ensure the HH gets in PT.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:23 PM

is that the glitch? i thought that was just common knowledge to wait until the hand finishes before you leave the table
Old 06-03-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The triple whiffed trifecta:

guys, i just saw this hand....

here is how you play AA as a short stack:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $38.45
BB: $530.20
UTG: $200.00
MP: $194.25
CO: $200.00</font>
BTN: $124.45

<font color="black">Preflop:</font>(6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $2.00, 2 folds, SB calls $1.00, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($6) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($6) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)

Pot Size: $6.00 ($0.30 Rake)

SB had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Aces full of Threes) and WON (+$3.70)
MP had T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and LOST (-$2.00)
BB had 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and LOST (-$2.00)

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Tulalip $3/$5 game last night.

Co limps, Button limps, blinds come along.

Flop Q73 one spade. Checked around.

Turn 7 2 spades. Checked around.

river 2 of spades, chcked around.

CO flips QQ, rolls his eyes, bitches "7s got there. Spades got there. Why the [censored] won't anyone bet?"

Pretty sure David Sklansky would tell him he played expertly and just got unlucky no one made a hand. Gotta love attempting to c/r the river from the CO.

And by the way this was a table where 2 of the 4 players in this pot had stacked off with A-high in previous hands against me when I flopped a set, they called with broadway gut-shots to the river, and paid off huge bets when their Ace hit.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:31 PM

won a satellite to the ftp 400k... gl me
Old 06-03-2007, 05:34 PM

I'm playing in the UB $200 donkament and I have no idea why....

I never registered, no money gone from account

Maybe a nice UB bonus??????????

Anyways, gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo ROBUSTO! TR later
Old 06-03-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is that the glitch? i thought that was just common knowledge to wait until the hand finishes before you leave the table

[/ QUOTE ]

It is really.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really surprised -10BI is supposed to be standard. I've only lost 10BI once ever, and I was on huge monkeytilt. Multiple swings around -5BI, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way.

TBH, I think we're missing a lot of marginally +EV bluffing situations that we don't make because they usually cost you a stack when you are picked off (i.e. our Cajones are small and shrivelled).

So let's say you've got a feel for it and you're making a lot of all-in bluffs where you're probably about +3-4 PTBB EV (on average) per hand (maybe less, just pulling a number outta my ass for illustration purposes). You're making a lot of money over the long term, but of course your variance is huge because you are basically swinging +/- a stack all the time.

For me, I know it's a bankroll issue. I need 40-50 buy-ins to start playing like a want to play.

For instance yesterday I opened for $15 with 66 in a live $3/$5 game and got 6 callers. Flop comes 693 and BB leads for $20 and gets a caller, I make it $120 and they fold. As this happened, it occurred to me that I should, of course, make the same bet with a [censored] shitton of hands, but of course, I don't, because I only have like 8 buyins for the game in my roll right now. Last year, before I cashed out to pay tuition, I would routinely bluff big in spots like this -- my roll was 25 buyins for that level and the money didn't matter as much.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:45 PM

10 buyins is a downswing, but not massive. It definitely can happen while playing well.
Closed Thread