Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: NBA Playoffs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

man - though he makes TONS of mistakes - i just need to profess my love for sasha. fyi i am not a longtime cavs fan nor am i a euro. if anyone remembers i posted a report after going to a bulls cavs gme a few months back - that was the first time i had seen him play, and i immediately liked him. i think he can be a bigtime scorer - like 23-27ppg. he needs more confidence, but he definitely has it in him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shasa has plenty of confidence in himself, his two biggest problems are on his drives though. First he drops his head and get tunnel vision when he goes to the land, this lets good observent help defenses collapse on him and he picks up offensive fouls and turns the ball over a lot against these teams. If he keeps his vision about himself he can pass out of situations like that enough that teams won't collapse so badly.
2. He doesn't finish well a lot of the time. His touch on layups isn't good enough that if there is contact (hes not going to get those calls untill he establishes himself) or he anticipates contact that he can finish. If he improves on those two things he could easily be a 16-18 pts/5-6 ast player next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

sasha gets DRILLED a ridiculous amount of the time when he drives to the hole, and hardly ever gets a call. and yet he picks up more phantom defensive fouls than anyone i've seen in years. it's really hard to explain.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:56 PM

Sasha is one of the dumbest players in the league, at least during this series. He's playing terribly. He's got some good instincts but his confidence just seems shaken and he's blowing some really easy shots and making some awful decisions.

Al,

I expect the opposite. Mike Brown has been given ample evidence this entire playoffs of who his best players are. Yet a hobbled Larry Hughes still grabbed 20 minutes. On top of that, he panics. Lebron got 3 minutes in the first quarter. THIS IS THE FINALS YOU ASSTARD! The players might play better, but Brown is going to keep on killing this team.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:40 PM

KC - I hope you are wrong. I love watching a great team execute but this is getting out of hand.

I can still see the Cavs losing G3, but I expect it to be much more competitive. It just boils down to Brown making very basic adjustments (i.e. play his best players) the Cavs being less nervous, hitting the glass harder (and in general playing with more tenacity on D) and being at home. It's not alot to ask from the Cavs.

I doubt anyone thinks the Spurs are actually this much better (at least through the first 3 quarters last night). If they are oh well.

-Al
Old 06-11-2007, 04:46 PM

Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah I don't expect two more epic blowouts. I just expect them to lose. Maybe home crowd + bad refs will bag 'em a game. But I think if Brown was less retarded, we could at least have a somewhat competitive 5 or 6 game series.

edit: does anyone else think of C-Lo / Gnarles Barkley when Mike Brown gets worked up on the sideline, or is that just me?
Old 06-11-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shasa has plenty of confidence in himself,

[/ QUOTE ]

not in the playoffs - not even close. when i saw him in the regular season he had no conscience - he was a gunner, and he looked awesome. in the playoffs, before nearly every shot, you can almost see his mind working.

your other points about his tunnel vision are right on though.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sasha gets DRILLED a ridiculous amount of the time when he drives to the hole, and hardly ever gets a call. and yet he picks up more phantom defensive fouls than anyone i've seen in years. it's really hard to explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

both points are definitely true - he gets killed.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spoilers in white:

<font color="white">
Game 2: Spurs blowout
Game 3: Cavs win
Game 4: Spurs win and we get to hear all this BS about how the talk was about the suns/mavs in the reg. season but here the spurs are and they know how to win and they play physical and they do whatever it takes to win including being dirty cheating bastards
Game 5: toss-up
Game 6: if it somehow gets here there's no way it goes passed it</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-11-2007, 06:23 PM

I've liked Pavlovic since he first came to the Cavs, always thought he deserved more playing time. He's mistake-prone and Mike Brown has a large doghouse and a tiny brain, so he needed injuries to get a real shot.

The problems he has:
1. Stupidity. He makes terrible decisions with the ball all the time.
2. Lack of ref bribing. As noted, he gets murdered all the time and can't buy a call.
3. Larry Hughes. Not just because Larry the Terrible gets minutes that should be his, but I want you guys to watch for all the times Pavlovic is in good position calling for the ball while Hughes is dribbling the ball up court thinking about how much he hates me. Pavlovic would be an All-Star on the Suns. I honestly believe that.
4. Lack of touch around the rim. If you aren't going to get the calls all the ability to drive means jack [censored] if you keep missing layups.

Of course, I'm a sucker for any white guy who tries to dunk on people. In the finals so far he has tried TWO(2) reverse dunks in traffic. He's white!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:44 AM

sasha shows the ball too much when he goes to the rack. this doesnt matter against weak teams but against good ds he gets swatted too easily.

i still love his athleticism and attituded. hes straight (serb) gangsta.