Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: ***Offical Summer Transfer Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
i'll take a look at it tomorrow. But you are telling me its like WOW sports? If we were to create a 2+2 group when would have to do this by?

[/ QUOTE ]

WoW Sports - LoL . . .

Never thought about it in that way. Get in the flow of the game first. I'd say give it a week atleast. Depends if others are interested and when everyone could get together.

It doesn't take a lot to get it going at all. Everyone contacts each other through some IM service and connects to the host.

By the way, try the demo first. See if it's for you.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Think of it as being Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger. You bring in players and setup tactics. Just about every cup and league (researched and includes real players) that you can imagine is in the game. However, I'm warning you that its not easy and addictive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played for a while but the version I played (CM 1999/2000 maybe?) had a bug where you could buy players for free as long as the player signed your contract. Even with this I didn't always win. I fought for the league, sometimes winning it sometimes not and usually got pretty deep and lost in the cup competitions. This is realistic for the top clubs.

Trying to bring a team from the fourth division or whatever to the top is extremely difficult and time consuming. You can't just expect to breeze through and win promotion every season and then finish in a European spot in the top flight. It's more like build a team that competes for promotion the first year, get promoted that year or the next. After that spend a year toward the bottom of the table but stay up. Move up to mid table the next year. Fight for promotion but don't quite get there the next. Finally get promoted again and repeat that the next division up.

At the top it's extremely difficult to build a team that is a huge favorite to win the league every year. The key I think is that they make it a lot harder to sign top players. If you're Millwall you aren't going to be signing Steven Gerrard ever for example. This forces you to only buy guys that are a notch better than your team, which is realistic. Edit: Also, money is actually pretty tight on the game and the board can actually be a problem in transfers and so forth.

It's a lot harder than FIFA or WE where if you start with a bad team in the top flight you figure to qualify for Europe the first year and have one of the top teams in the league the second year.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a) don't already have some excellent replacement

[/ QUOTE ]Aren't you exaggerating some? Your back 4 backups are serious downgrade sans Heinze, who looks to be out. Your midfield back ups are 50% unproven prem players. Nani and Anderson could end up being great prem players. They could also end up being a bust. You can't assume that they will fit right in and play well. The only person on your second team that is of any real value is Carrick, but even he is an overrated POS.

We could talk about the rest, but why bother. These guys only stick around because they get paid more to be at ManU then they do to suck somewhere else.

I still contest ManU was VERY lucky last year in regards to health. I would be very hesitant to assume that Neville, Giggs, Scholes, and Hargeaves will play more than 80% of all the league games. Three of these guys are [censored] old and one has a vagina softer than a fat chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

carrick was on the first team all season, so no, he isn't a second team player and was far from being an over rated POS as you so succinctly put. Many of his passes released Ronaldo, Scholes, and Rooney this season for goal scoring opportunities.

I would take any of the guys coming through our system over many other players that are way over rated, and even citing us losing Kieran Richardson as a decent loss is laughable. This was a guy that ran around like a headless chicken most of the time he was on the field and we somehow got 5.5m for him

did we get lucky in the injury department last season, I would say a bit yes, but don't forget that the last 1/3 of the season was spent w/o our captain and we didn't have our starting two center halves the last 6-8 weeks of the season. Somehow Wes Brown was able to not suck and we were able to make it to the semis in the champions league and have a chance to go through to the final and still held onto the league. At this point, I would also say that our backup keeper may possibly be better then our starting keeper. What is listed as our second team is much better then 90% of other clubs' first teams, so basically, what your saying is rather silly and horribly misguided
Old 07-20-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is listed as our second team is much better then 90% of other clubs' first teams,

[/ QUOTE ] you really think that????? I mean you are basing this on Nani and Anderson both being goof players.

Btw, I agree with you on VDS and Kruschek(sp?) I think he is a better goalie as well.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a lot harder than FIFA or WE where if you start with a bad team in the top flight you figure to qualify for Europe the first year and have one of the top teams in the league the second year.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should try it out now Jared. You have oldschoolers complainin' on the boards daily! I thought FM2006 was hard. FM2007 is lovely! I'm glad it's like this . . .
Old 07-20-2007, 11:00 AM

I tried FM2006 and the [censored] was mad confusing. The interface was screwy. 2007 is better?
Old 07-20-2007, 11:58 AM

Heinze may fight for anfield move

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/6900545.stm
Old 07-20-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is listed as our second team is much better then 90% of other clubs' first teams,

[/ QUOTE ] you really think that????? I mean you are basing this on Nani and Anderson both being goof players.

Btw, I agree with you on VDS and Kruschek(sp?) I think he is a better goalie as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I was saying that Ben Foster was the backup, Kusczack is the third string

our second team could easily be a top ten side (okay, so that wouldn't fully work with 90%) especially when you look at who those players are. If you look at who is in our second string, it's much better then many other clubs' first team.

It really sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that ManU and Chelsea won't be the top two clubs next season, and if you are trying to say that, well hey, I won a bet this year for ManU when our season looked a bit more unstable before last season, and this season we have improved big time already over the summer and I have no doubt that Fergie will make another move or two before the close season is up
Old 07-20-2007, 12:53 PM

hmm...I think Kusczack may be better.

I could probably agree that your second team would probably be a top 10 side in the Prem. I would say the same about Chelsea and quite frankly Arsenal's as well, maybe Pool's too. That doesn't strike me as a profound statement by any means either.

Secondly, I am not trying to convince myself that ManU or Chelsea won't be top 2. I was making a comment that with so many first teamers and other players being injured to start the season that ManU could stumble some to start the season. You are apparently not worried, but I think you should be. New players, while may be good, are not a proper replacement for first team starters. I don't see how its debateble really. They need time to settle in, and even moreso when they are from other leagues.

If you want me to predict the standings at the end of this upcoming season, this is what I would say.

1. Chelsea
2. ManU
3. Arsenal
4. Pool
5. and below, I could care less.

I am not convinced Torres will do well in the Prem. I also think Arsenal, if they stay healthy have an outside chance at the top 2. And no, I will not take bets on any of these claims because thats what I do.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:04 PM

I think Torres will do just fine but will need some time to adjust. I wouldn't expect him to be great the first few matches, but by boxing day he should be doing well.

It seems like a lot of continental players are more valuable in the CL or UEFA Cup than the premiership and that may be the case for Torres.