Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Alright gildwulf so ur scared of NL.

OK, now if I was scripting this thing, one of the guys from the room party would die of alcohol poisoning tonight.

I'm kind of rooting for Shaundouche (cause I think I'd kind of miss Tongni and HIV, but he seems extraneous). But I'm open to other suggestions. Who all was there, anyway?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shimmy shimmy gogo ba

[/ QUOTE ]

Now it's about time that you hear this
Old 01-10-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HIV what is it like to have someone so thoroughly your master that you resort to methods most devious to seem them defeated, even tho the maximum gain to yourself is a mere $100?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch out, the next time you challenge Schneids to a HU match... it's going to he HIV playing!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I fail to understand is how this is decidedly different than playing differently on purpose to build a bad image.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolz ok dood.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:45 PM

lol at all the warped morality in this thread.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:46 PM

He seriously let them play on his account for 1%?? wtf??Kinda like the geek kid in high school who does all the cool kids homework for a month just so he can sit at the cool lunch table for a day
Old 01-10-2007, 09:13 PM

OK just got up and headed to a tournament... but after a quick review of what's been posted, here's my thoughts

James, the difference to me in this case is that we had a match set up against a specific person, not just that I ran into someone online and played him heads-up. Furthermore, this is someone I have met IRL and had financial dealings with and had reason to believe that, despite his degenerate nature, his word was still good.

Tongni, you're a douchebag

HIV, you suck at life

Shaun, quit acting like an idiot, I feel like slapping you upside the head and saying "What the [censored] are you doing here, get yo mind right"

All 3 of you need to stop trying to be the cool kids who don't care about the consequences of their actions and man up a little
Old 01-10-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I fail to understand is how this is decidedly different than playing differently on purpose to build a bad image.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolz ok dood.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK James sorry for bein flippant, you seem to have much seniority and respect on this board, and I should adopt the same stance. The problem I have is this, to you and all:

I strongly disagree with people holding the view that the 'internet' is some sort of ethically ambiguous get out of jail free card. While the bonds and friendships formed are nowhere near as strong as say, living with a girlfriend or being roommates with a best friens, it still amounts to something.

I have two good friends that both live out of state, miles away, in philly and NY. The only contact we have is sporadic phone conversations.

Does this mean all bets are off? If I were to commit some sort of wrongdoing agaisnt these people, would my guilt be assuaged because 'jeez it just over THE PHONE, some little plastic device, ITS NOT REAL'?

Feel free to dispute my analogy.

Plus, the people who keep using the adjective 'shocked' need to give it a rest. It's barely relevant (you shouldn't be shocked, you have no right to be shocked) because the main emotion is anger, anger at the attempts of hornswaggling.

I mean, come on. I can't even tell who's serious anymore, some of this [censored] is so absurd.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:32 PM

From what I'm reading it sounds like the whole thing is really a non issue. GW took HIV for around 30k. In the end, the screw-job(assuming it existed in as manmy facets as has been suggested) failed. No big deal on the financial side, which, in poker, is what really matters. GW lost NOTHING in this whole thing. The morals of the whole thing are pretty much the issue.

The solution to that is simply to post the poker screen names of those that were morally reprehensible, so that those of us who would like to play honest poker, can. As for Shaun, maybe he just has a different opinion than most of you all. People are people, you know. I'm not one to cast judgement on someone for what they do, save to stay away from them when it comes to the danger zone. Most of us here, I'd imagine, would never put 10k on any gambling activity, let alone 3 in a week.

I just hope burned bridges can be repaired. This is an awesome community.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:32 PM

ching chang walla walla bing bang