Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also, i love how VR completely ignored the post i made where i questioned how i was trying to lead night actions. i made 1 post, someone said why it wouldn't be good, and i left it alone. but for some reason this is "dictating night actions"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I addressed this. See: my long post above.

I also love how you are going on the attack.

How were you trying to lead night actions you ask? See: this morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why you're so set on making me a target. You haven't addressed it. I made 1 (read, one) single post about night actions and then dropped it when i realized that it was flawed. Im not sure why you aren't attacking the following players for discussing night actions yesterday:

luckay
lastchance
tfg
sighing
iy
bluff
morn

and thats through page 2
Old 12-05-2006, 08:20 PM

And to specifically address your points:

[ QUOTE ]
The more I think about it, the more I think that coordinating our night actions is more problematic and futile.

1) We can't say "Ensign Fodder, please do X so that Ensign Lives Until After Commercial Break can do Y." Because Fodder or LUACB could be Borg.
Plus we just don't know what we're dealing with regarding good/evil.
Discussing in a general kind of way what information we need is probably good. It does increase the chances of duplicating our efforts, though.

I also think dmk is likely evil. Practically his first post of the day is ALL computer techs check the logs. Why? I don't understand the rationale behind this, and it just seems wasteful.

[/ QUOTE ]

You first say that we can't assign specific roles to do specific tasks since we don't know if they're good or evil. Standard. The next few lines are basically repeating the same idea.

Then you attack me because I suggested that all techs read the logs because its "wasteful". Yet, you already stated that we can't assign specific ppl to do specific tasks. But, I speak in generalities, as you suggested here, and you attacked me for it.

Which is it?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then you attack me because I suggested that all techs read the logs because its "wasteful". Yet, you already stated that we can't assign specific ppl to do specific tasks. But, I speak in generalities, as you suggested here, and you attacked me for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This paragraph is either so contrived it makes my head spin, or nearly incoherent in your indignation.

ALL techs do X is wasteful. To illustrate: I have a great idea! ALL seers should look at chuckleslovakian tonight! That way they will ALL HAVE THE INFORMATION! This is not a generalization. This is an action-forcing recommendation that guarantees duplicated effort.

Here is what a general sort of thing might look like: Computer data from the last day or so could be pretty enlightening.

That said, this argument is pointless. I think you are Borg-ey. I voted you. This may or may not be my final vote of the day. I have only read today's posts, and I want to reread the whole thing before I make a final vote.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ALL techs do X is wasteful. To illustrate: I have a great idea! ALL seers should look at chuckleslovakian tonight! That way they will ALL HAVE THE INFORMATION! This is not a generalization. This is an action-forcing recommendation that guarantees duplicated effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite. The equivalent is more consistent w/ the following: "All doctors should heal amplify tonight! That way we're sure he won't die!". You didn't have a problem w/ that one. Why is that?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite. The equivalent is more consistent w/ the following: "All doctors should heal amplify tonight! That way we're sure he won't die!". You didn't have a problem w/ that one. Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

That one was fine because we didn't know they would luckbox into having both Doctors.
It is very possible that Luckay new. He did do a lot of work yesterday to get as much roleclaiming as possible done.

Also,
[ QUOTE ]
The Borg are going to be targetting someone who is not amplify. Also, they will not be targetting the following people because they are pretty inactive:

areintz
clowntable
cpfb
madtown
trufloridagator
valenzuela

they will obviously not target amplify or fnord, which leaves, by process of elimination, the following people that they may target for a night kill:

1. boiler
2. chuckles
3. dmk
4. iy
5. lastchance
6. luckay
7. mornelth
8. nich
9. spook
10. traz
11. voraciousreader

I want all 4 remaining technicians to rand(11) their force field on these 11 people. We may be able to somewhat luckily guard somebody this way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Luckay Tries to setup the labtechs putting forcefields on certain rooms.... But he also makes sure that they don't block the first six - which means there has to be some borg on there who they sent, or wanted to sent to do the killing.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:42 PM

Random note:
There is only one masonry left but I think it would suck if Keiko/Miles would be Borg and Q.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:47 PM

Luckay is not the right kill tonight imo

I won't be switching my vote unless there is 0 chance dmk dies. He's the wolfiest out of everyone though
Old 12-05-2006, 08:49 PM

traz,

you're totally off on this one. i truly hope you're a villager, but i highly doubt it right now.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I dont understand the dmk votes at all. What upside is there to claiming wesley yesterday for dmk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read his reasoning for role claiming? He was scared that fnord would not say his name to make him look suspiscious, or some other type garbage? What?

If you reread yesterday, thinking that dmk is evil and he knew fnord was evil, and he knew the seer would die tonight..it really makes alot of sense.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
traz,

you're totally off on this one. i truly hope you're a villager, but i highly doubt it right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

and unfortunately, this kind of plea just makes me think I'm right.