Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Re: My Statement

ZJ,

You post makes me very sad. Woodguy has given you the best advice of all--print out a copy of your statement and read it in some months. If you realize how silly it sounds, you have probably grown up significantly. If you still think your position makes any sense at all, put your post away and read it a few months later. Repeat as necessary.

It's a slow day at work, so I'll try to respond to your points.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, it’s true. I did use these accounts to enter multiple accounts in the same multi table tournaments. I have never done this in a tournament with less than 1,000 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it matter? Cheating a tourney with 999 players is wrong, but cheating with 1,001 is OK? This is an arbitrary number that cannot be defended.

[ QUOTE ]
I have been at the same table as myself. For what it’s worth, my standard protocol has been to increase my number of tables when this happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you not get this? It is not appropriate for you to self-impose any penalty to "negate" the benefits of your cheating? Why open more tables? Why not turn the volume on the TV up very loud? It makes about as much sense.

The way to "negate" your cheaters advantage is NOT TO CHEAT.

[ QUOTE ]

After talking to Curtains, I realize my standard play should have been to sit one account out when this happens,

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This would have given an unfair advantage to people at your table (including "you," BTW), by putting "dead money" up for grabs. Don't you see? There is no way to fairly negate your cheaters advantage. And, even if there were, it's not up to you to impose that "penalty."

[ QUOTE ]

but I want to make it clear that I never used collusion to my advantage, never chip dumped, or did anything of the sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really expect us to believe this? If Justin1 had KK and Justin2 had AA and both were big stacks at a FT, would Justin1 go broke? If Justin1 had A3 and Justin2 had 33, would Justin2 be just as likely to see a flop and hope to hit a set? I find that astonishingly hard to believe. And, BTW, even if you insist that it is true, no one will believe you--you are a self-confessed cheater, after all.

[ QUOTE ]

However, what Party emailed me is wrong on several subjects.
First of all, the accounts were NOT created solely for MTT use. They were originally created for SNG play.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't believe that your original intent is important at all. What matters what was you did...not what you first intended.

[ QUOTE ]

It got to the point where everyone knew that ZeeJustin would steal the blinds often, and everyone called him liberally. I created these accounts to erase this loose image. Everyone would be readless against me, and it was a huge advantage. These accounts all did very well in the big SNGs on PartyPoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may change your screenname every 6 months on PP. Perhaps you should have done that! Another alternative to cheating would be to vary your play. Again, I can't believe you're seriously advancing this argument: "People got a good read on my play style, so I decided to cheat." Come on.

[ QUOTE ]

All of the money that was seized from me was from sit’n’go play where nothing unethical was done. I never entered multiple accounts into the same sit’n’go, never colluded with anyone, never soft played anyone and never chip dumped with anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party's TOS are quite clear that violation of the TOS may result in account confiscation. Whether or not the specific funds seized were generated through cheating is totally irrelevant.

[ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, I would like to point out, that I did NOT break the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hardly merits comment.

[ QUOTE ]

I do think what I’ve done is unethical, and I certainly regret doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think long and hard about this question. Do you really regret doing it, or do you regret that you were caught? Your post certainly suggests the latter.

Look, you're a young guy and have plenty of time to recover from this. You've also (I hope for your sake) put away some of the $$ you've won. You should take a good long break from poker and really think about what you want to do with yor life, and more importantly, how you want to live your life.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:41 PM

Default Re: ZeeJustin the next to get caught multi accounting Party MTTs

All,

I would have a very different opinion of ZJ had he in this thread said "wow, I f'd up and did something I knew was wrong, greed can be a dangerous thing" or something like that instead of his POS response.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ahh true. Thanks. Still not sure if this makes up for double-entry fee and the fact that you can only get an ROI of 3 on your second account. Not really a relevant/imprtant question, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no SNG expert, but I'm pretty sure it is an enormously huge advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be a gigantic advantage to have 2 accts in a SnG.

I'm no fan of zeejustin, I dont even know the guy and his post in this thread is a joke. That put aside however, I really think you people are getting way too into this. So he violated party's rules and they proceeded to confiscate everything he had in his accounts. I did not agree with that JJprodigy kid getting his last 40k confiscated, so I guess I dont agree with party confiscating the money zeejustin has _legitimetly_ won either. I do however see that party needs their signaleffect to be as strong as can be, but I'm not sure if I think its _fair_ that they took every last dollar. I just feel the majority of the posters in this thread takes way too much pleasure in kicking someone when they're down. Perhaps because I don't play tournaments at all I'm having trouble pinpointing where everyone's overthetop anger stems from. I'll go out on a limb (and probably get flamed) by guessing that jealousy might be a factor for some posters?

-Nikla
Old 02-24-2006, 06:43 PM

omg what a thread, 504 replies already.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:43 PM

Default Re: My Statement

Zee,

You are a cheat. That was the worst explanation ever - I laughed several times. Opening up extra table to "decrease" your EV edge. Are you F-KING serious? Forgot the hole cards? WTF?

Mabye if you had said something about your grandma it would look better. Instead of fabricating some stupid story to try to take the heat off you choose to blame Party Poker. You showed little to no remorse for your actions. I hope you are banned from all the poker sites.

You kids are seriously lucky you did not get caught at a B&M - you would be lying in the alley with 2 broken legs over $140,000.

Good luck in the fast food industry,
PokerstudAA

ALL - THERE NEEDS TO BE A BLACK BOOK FOR ONLINE POKER.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
confiscating the money zeejustin has _legitimetly_ won either

[/ QUOTE ]

trouble is, ZJ has been branded a cheater, and his actions at this point are all presumed to be dishonest. Party support isn't going to comb through hundreds of thousands of hands/STT's to find the ones where ZJ didn't cheat so they can give him that money back.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
omg what a thread, 504 replies already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Between the time I originally clicked the "show all" link to the time I finished reading the thread, over four more pages of posts showed up. Yoikes.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:45 PM

I'm excited to have a new excuse regarding why I suck at MTT's - it's all of the multi-accounters!
Old 02-24-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm excited to have a new excuse regarding why I suck at MTT's - it's all of the multi-accounters!

[/ QUOTE ]

How can average players like you and me hope to win if there are 6 ZJs and 2 JJs out there?
Closed Thread