Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stephenh
villager 3 75.00%
wolf 0 0%
seer 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics

after this horrible thread and reading the Ingrid Leroy story i really hope someone takes the effort to ruin his pathatic business
Old 08-11-2007, 06:58 PM

The mods deleted my new thread titled "What to do about Tom Grant?", no reason given.

Since so many of you have PM'd me expressing interest, I supposed we can proceed along on this thread. Here's my post:

What to do about Tom Grant ?

In this thread we discuss ideas for legally and ethically exposing the highly questionable character of Tom Grant and his business interests to the world.

Those of you following the Phil Laak story know that Tom Grant is an admitted con man, thief, liar. He is also likely to be an extortionist who used this forum as a key tool in his extortion of Laak.

Most despicable in my mind is that he preys on the disabled. His business http://www.adventure-holidays-thailand.com caters to the disabled, but there is evidence at http://globalaccessnews.com/oct05.htm that he steals their money.

Idea #1 (suggested by Bill Rini) : email websites that link to Tom Grant's website, provide them our info on Grant and ask them to remove their links. Here is a google search : http://www.google.com/search?q="ADVENT...GL_enGI227GI228

Idea #2 : gather a list of contact information for the appropriate authorities in Thailand and inform them that Tom Grant is a likely criminal in a number of areas of the law

Idea #3 : put up an expose website that shows up highly ranked in searches on phrases relevant to Tom Grant's business

I have a lot more to say but first have to find out if the mods decide to delete this thread.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:06 PM

I love how the tone and support in this thread moved from

"Wow, Tom, sounds like Phil's a D-bag, please dish the dirt on this guy"...

to

"Tom, you're a sheisty heroin dealer who steals money from paraplegics, and I'd thrust a pitchfork into your colon and drink your blood if given the chance."
Old 08-11-2007, 07:08 PM

You should learn to play golf or something.

All these things you are considering can easily be done by one person, so get cracking. I don't think you need the mighty NVG crew to get your back.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how the tone and support in this thread moved from

"Wow, Tom, sounds like Phil's a D-bag, please dish the dirt on this guy"...

to

"Tom, you're a sheisty heroin dealer who steals money from paraplegics, and I'd thrust a pitchfork into your colon and drink your blood if given the chance."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the difference is that when he emailed me he said that he had no interest in money. This was 100% about exposing Phil. Even then I was trying to be fair and noted that nothing he had said could be confirmed. There isn't even a documented record of Phil living in Thailand. But now that he says the situation has been resolved to his satisfaction it means that either money was the issue or that he played us all like fiddles. Either way, the guy went from some conman who duped Phil out of money but you could feel sorry for to a conman who duped Phil out of money that you have no sympathy for.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should learn to play golf or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm writing this post while on the links, via my Blackberry Pearl.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:32 PM

Is that the one with the little keyboard? I like those, they're like laptops for pixies.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The mods deleted my new thread titled "What to do about Tom Grant?", no reason given.

Since so many of you have PM'd me expressing interest, I supposed we can proceed along on this thread. Here's my post:

What to do about Tom Grant ?

In this thread we discuss ideas for legally and ethically exposing the highly questionable character of Tom Grant and his business interests to the world.

Those of you following the Phil Laak story know that Tom Grant is an admitted con man, thief, liar. He is also likely to be an extortionist who used this forum as a key tool in his extortion of Laak.

Most despicable in my mind is that he preys on the disabled. His business http://www.adventure-holidays-thailand.com caters to the disabled, but there is evidence at http://globalaccessnews.com/oct05.htm that he steals their money.

Idea #1 (suggested by Bill Rini) : email websites that link to Tom Grant's website, provide them our info on Grant and ask them to remove their links. Here is a google search : http://www.google.com/search?q="ADVE...L_enGI227GI228

Idea #2 : gather a list of contact information for the appropriate authorities in Thailand and inform them that Tom Grant is a likely criminal in a number of areas of the law

Idea #3 : put up an expose website that shows up highly ranked in searches on phrases relevant to Tom Grant's business

I have a lot more to say but first have to find out if the mods decide to delete this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't we just hire a Thai hitman or some [censored]? Anyone got 10 bucks?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:38 PM

Has anyone tried to figure out who the "2+2er" that related this story to the OP might be?
Old 08-11-2007, 09:50 PM

Phil Laak is great. Met him briefly in Vegas.. told him my girlfriend was a big fan and he walked with us and chatted to her.

This Tom guy is obviously a total swine. Phil should put a hit on him for real.