Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

I talked to my bank, and they said that I can go to a TELLER with the debit card and withdraw as much as I want (up to the 10k max of C2Pay, IIRC)...so you easily can turn the 2% to $15 into a 0.15% fee. I'd never use an ATM since most are only 500 max.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I talked to my bank, and they said that I can go to a TELLER with the debit card and withdraw as much as I want (up to the 10k max of C2Pay, IIRC)...so you easily can turn the 2% to $15 into a 0.15% fee. I'd never use an ATM since most are only 500 max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting, I've never heard that before...especially when the account is not with the bank you would be going to. Hopefully someone will try that soon and give us a trip report.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:44 PM

I've successfully deposited ($20) and withdrawn ($200) from BetFred (iPoker network) using Moneybookers. My account there was originally setup using Neteller but I didn't have any problems or need to contact support before switching to MB.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:05 PM

Okay, I checked in with the major banks and here's what they told me regarding Wire Transfers.

All transfers are assumed to originate from Ontario and going to Germany (where Moneybookers' bank is located).

BMO: Flat fee of $10 + 0.2% of amount transferred (min. $15 - max $125)
CIBC: Flat fee of $35
National Bank: $15 + 0.38% of amt. transferred
RBC: Flat fee of $35 + communication fee to Germany ($7) = $42
Scotia: I was quoted $12-13 + 0.15% of transfer amt.
[but when I actually did mine at Scotia it was $15 + $7.50 (to Germany) = $22.50]
TD Canada Trust: Transfers under $10K - flat fee of $30
Transfers $10K - $250K - flat fee of $50

There is no fee to have money wired into your account ( I was told), just from the sending bank. That's the $2.40 fee on MB.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:33 PM

This thread is very informative. Thank you for all the posters for their hard work.

The C2Pay debit card is very interesting. Hopefully someone can post a trip report soon. Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is no fee to have money wired into your account ( I was told), just from the sending bank. That's the $2.40 fee on MB.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is NOT what I was told. I was told (by HSBC) that there's a $8 (could've been as much as $12) for receiving a wire transfer. I hope you are correct.

If anyone has a trip report I'd love to read it.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is NOT what I was told. I was told (by HSBC) that there's a $8 (could've been as much as $12) for receiving a wire transfer. I hope you are correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
somewhere in this thread someone only got $85 for their $100 withdrawal from moneybookers. i think it was CIBC...so it was around $13, the other $2 MB pocketed.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies, I believe it was BMO that said that and I just assumed that was the same across the board. I'll see if I can get clarification.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I checked in with the major banks and here's what they told me regarding Wire Transfers.

All transfers are assumed to originate from Ontario and going to Germany (where Moneybookers' bank is located).

BMO: Flat fee of $10 + 0.2% of amount transferred (min. $15 - max $125)
CIBC: Flat fee of $35
National Bank: $15 + 0.38% of amt. transferred
RBC: Flat fee of $35 + communication fee to Germany ($7) = $42
Scotia: I was quoted $12-13 + 0.15% of transfer amt.
[but when I actually did mine at Scotia it was $15 + $7.50 (to Germany) = $22.50]
TD Canada Trust: Transfers under $10K - flat fee of $30
Transfers $10K - $250K - flat fee of $50

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks savvy76. Good job. That's some useful information. Looks like depending on the amount you're sending, will determine which is the best bank to use. Looks like BMO and Bank of Nova Scotia give the best deals for sending small amounts of a couple of Ks.

If BMO charges nothing for receiving wires, regardless of amount, then I am 100% opening an account with them.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
somewhere in this thread someone only got $85 for their $100 withdrawal from moneybookers. i think it was CIBC...so it was around $13, the other $2 MB pocketed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Royal Bank charges $15 for all incoming international bank wires. The $15 fee is in the currency of the wire. So U.S. currency means $15 U.S.

I believe CIBC charges $10.

BMO is looking very good to me right now.
Closed Thread