Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 6, Sun., July 15**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol kravchenkaments, how is he still in there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

By not being a retarded donk?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he can double-up right now, he'll move up one spot in the chip standings from 17th to 16th. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I haven't followed him at all. How long has he been surviving really short-stacked? How much money has he made doing it?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:52 PM

Featured Table: Scotty Nguyen Doubles Through Philip Hilm

Ray Henson has the button in seat 3, Philip Hilm raises under the gun to 300,000, and Scotty Nguyen calls from the small blind. The flop comes {10-Diamonds}{5-Clubs}{5-Spades}, Nguyen checks, Hilm bets 400,000, and Nguyen calls. The turn card is the {9-Diamonds}, Nguyen checks, Hilm pushes, and Nguyen calls all in for 1.92 million.

Hilm shows {K-Diamonds}{Q-Spades} for a diamond flush draw and a gut-shot straight draw. But the crowd explodes in a cheer as Scotty Nguyen shows {9-Clubs}{9-Spades} for a full house on the turn. Philip Hilm is drawing dead.

The meaningless river card is the {J-Hearts}, and Hilm rivers his king-high straight -- but it's too little, too late, and Scotty Nguyen wins the pot to double up to 5.43 million in chips.

Edit: Deleted it first
Edit 2: Reinserted it because earlier post left out the cards.
Edit 3: USE FIREFOX INTERNET DONKS!
Old 07-15-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has nothing to do with results oriented thinking, your oh-so-witty banter notwithstanding. What range do you put Watkinson on here? Don't you think he can (and is often likely to) make this play with AA and other big pairs as well as AK? Do you think 99 really performs well against his range? It isn't like the pot-odds are compelling, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually lee pretty much never has AA here unless he is overbetting on purpose or just played bad for some reason.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:53 PM

Scotty on the move!
Old 07-15-2007, 09:54 PM

DAT NOOO LIMIT BABY
Old 07-15-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray Henson has the button in seat 3, Philip Hilm raises under the gun to 300,000, and Scotty Nguyen calls from the small blind. The flop comes , Nguyen checks, Hilm bets 400,000, and Nguyen calls. The turn card is the , Nguyen checks, Hilm pushes, and Nguyen calls all in for 1.92 million.

Hilm shows for a diamond flush draw and a gut-shot straight draw. But the crowd explodes in a cheer as Scotty Nguyen shows for a full house on the turn. Philip Hilm is drawing dead.

The meaningless river card is the , and Hilm rivers his king-high straight -- but it's too little, too late, and Scotty Nguyen wins the pot to double up to 5.43 million in chips.

Yeah!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is antithesis of coin flipping with a stack of a kagillion BB.
Small ball, a few blind steals, wait for the nuts, trap some moron.....................double up baby.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:55 PM

It's blatantly obvious that Scotty's strategy is to lay low and pick up a double up here and there to work his way up. With maniacs making overbets left and right, all Scotty has to do is sit back and jam when he gets the best of it. From what I know, this is basically the antithesis of how Scotty normally plays.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ray Henson has the button in seat 3, Philip Hilm raises under the gun to 300,000, and Scotty Nguyen calls from the small blind. The flop comes , Nguyen checks, Hilm bets 400,000, and Nguyen calls. The turn card is the , Nguyen checks, Hilm pushes, and Nguyen calls all in for 1.92 million.

Hilm shows for a diamond flush draw and a gut-shot straight draw. But the crowd explodes in a cheer as Scotty Nguyen shows for a full house on the turn. Philip Hilm is drawing dead.

The meaningless river card is the , and Hilm rivers his king-high straight -- but it's too little, too late, and Scotty Nguyen wins the pot to double up to 5.43 million in chips.

Yeah!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is antithesis of coin flipping with a stack of a kagillion BB.
Small ball, a few blind steals, wait for the nuts, trap some moron.....................double up baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they both went all in preflop different cards would have came...

and while these different cards came, Rain Khan would be playing 58 Razz Sit n Gos at once on Ultimate Bet. (which is the Antithesis of what he normally plays mind you)

Lee is almost never doing it with lower pp.I'd say it's TT-QQ or AK, AQs almost always.
You are either flipping or a huge dog for your tournament.
I think, Lee made a great shove and that was a poor call.

Go Scotty!!!