Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Should the Pats be running up the score on everybody in garbage ti

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That might be true. I hate it when people try to get in the mindset of professional athletes and pretend like they know what they really feel and think, so I am not going to do that here. Maybe the 5th SB feels just as good as the first, I honestly dont know. It doesnt SEEM like it would, I agree with you, but I've never won one, much less multiple. I know they blather on with useless platitudes about how they all mean everything but I feel fairly confident dismissing that as useless. That doesnt mean it isnt true though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ask an Atlanta Brave if the 14th division title in row felt the same as the 1st, and I'm pretty sure they'd tell you it didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I asked him, or if some guy with a microphone and a pad of paper asked him?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 PM

Up 35 to 17. 2nd and 4 with only 1:04 left. Opportune time for a kneel down, right?

No. Give the ball to your RB to ensure that your opponent goes down in history as the team that gave up the most yards by a running back in the history of the NFL.

Compare/contrast to what the Patriots were doing.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Up 35 to 17. 2nd and 4 with only 1:04 left. Opportune time for a kneel down, right?

No. Give the ball to your RB to ensure that your opponent goes down in history as the team that gave up the most yards by a running back in the history of the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky for me I think the Pats are fine so I can still think AP is amazing and heart the decision to let him break the record.

Now, the decision not to let him get to 300....questionable, maybe even bad sportsmanship. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with what the Pats are doing but this is not even similiar to the same thing. That team is not "ensuring their opponents go down as the team that is most rushed upon" they are ensuring their guy sets a cool record.

A flea flicker for a TD here would be way worse than running for a few yards.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with what the Pats are doing but this is not even similiar to the same thing. That team is not "ensuring their opponents go down as the team that is most rushed upon" they are ensuring their guy sets a cool record.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could argue that since working on your offense is much more important than individual records, then running a flea flicker would be "better".

also, what a lot of people didn't realize about Washington was that they run a similar cover 2 to the Colts. it was a good time for the Pats to practice against the defense they were to face the next week. apologies if this pissed Redskins off, but the Pats are just trying to do their best to prepare to beat future opponents.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right but of course any Pats fan would say they arent showing up the OTHER team they are just going for their OWN individual stats and accomplishments.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:19 PM

What did the Pittsburgh team do last night. Well Ben did get hurt up 35-7. They did bring him back for 1 more series (I think this is correct) but Ben sat for most of the 4th.

Not sure if Dallas' backup came in but the Cowboys did turn it down a notch in the 4th. They didn't fake spike up by a million points. They didn't bomb it every chance they got.

NO kept throwing it even in the 4th.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did the Pittsburgh team do last night. Well Ben did get hurt up 35-7. They did bring him back for 1 more series (I think this is correct) but Ben sat for most of the 4th.

Not sure if Dallas' backup came in but the Cowboys did turn it down a notch in the 4th. They didn't fake spike up by a million points. They didn't bomb it every chance they got.

NO kept throwing it even in the 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

note that the Pats fake spike was in the first half. I don't think anybody had a problem with the Steelers going up 35-0 last night; how they score the points matters little.

also, Matt Cassell did go in the game early in the 4th, lets not act like Brady was in the whole time
Old 11-06-2007, 02:57 PM

As a whole, fans would be much more upset with Minn for not allowing AP to get the record. I personally think it'd be a slap in the face to not let him get it after doing what he did that game. No one is mad when the Pats only win by 30 instead of 40 (except maybe some lunatic Boston fans).

These two things are not even in the same sport, let alone the same ballpark.

I can't believe people are still upset that NE runs up the score. Who cares? If Brady goes down they will look like idiots, but until then these guys get paid millions. Someone can beat me 100-0 for a million dollars.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:55 PM

*Bump*