Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Week 4 NFL Thread

I don't have anything specific, but I bet I could find one. But the week 1 game kept getting referred to as a potential superbowl match up and I've heard both teams mentioned numerous times.

edit: same goes for New Orleans. Just great stuff all around.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Football ends in a matter of months, you can't miss a game.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, it ends right when it starts! Part of the appeal I guess. Hard for me to pay much attention to basketball or baseball regular seasons. Football though, I would seriously watch every single game if I had enough dvr's.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:34 PM

Although i'm extremely biased I do think Pittsburgh is overrated. The Browns handed them week 1 on a silver platter (pretty easy to win when your average starting field position is in the [censored] red zone), Buffalo....., the San Fran game changes completely if a ref realizes that a ball that never touched the ground can't be an incomplete pass. Now Week 4 they lose to the Cardinals. To steal a quote, "if you wanna crown them, go ahead and crown their ass!"
Old 09-30-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although i'm extremely biased I do think Pittsburgh is overrated. The Browns handed them week 1 on a silver platter (pretty easy to win when your average starting field position is in the [censored] red zone), Buffalo....., the San Fran game changes completely if a ref realizes that a ball that never touched the ground can't be an incomplete pass. Now Week 4 they lose to the Cardinals. To steal a quote, "if you wanna crown them, go ahead and crown their ass!"

[/ QUOTE ]So they are going to lose in the Superbowl? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]So they are going to lose in the Superbowl? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! If they were in the NFC, then ya probably.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still think the Steelers are the best in the AFC, behind the Pats and Colts. Wiesenhunt and Grimm had the troops motivated for their old team. Should be interesting to see how they respond to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

They may be third in the AFC.. but there is a *massive* dropoff from the top two.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. IND and NE is way better than any other team in the AFC? Blasphemy! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya but.. the second tier isn't even close. In previous years Pitts, Den, and other teams that are generally part of the class of the AFC were close. It doesn't appear that way this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

overreact to 1 game much?
Old 09-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Eagles 75, Giants 28.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Still think the Steelers are the best in the AFC, behind the Pats and Colts. Wiesenhunt and Grimm had the troops motivated for their old team. Should be interesting to see how they respond to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

They may be third in the AFC.. but there is a *massive* dropoff from the top two.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. IND and NE is way better than any other team in the AFC? Blasphemy! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya but.. the second tier isn't even close. In previous years Pitts, Den, and other teams that are generally part of the class of the AFC were close. It doesn't appear that way this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The Browns handed them week 1 on a silver platter (pretty easy to win when your average starting field position is in the [censored] red zone), Buffalo....., the San Fran game changes completely if a ref realizes that a ball that never touched the ground can't be an incomplete pass. Now Week 4 they lose to the Cardinals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-30-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

I haven't felt Pitts was on their field since the beginning of the year. This just helps solidfy my point. I think Pittsburgh is much closer to Denver (I'm a Denver homer and they've been really dissapointing obv) than they are to Indy.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:48 PM

hey guys, when Adrian Peterson gets 108 on 10 carries in the 1st half make sure to only give him 2 carries in the second half.

Also, refs screw the Vikings over for the 3rd straight week.