Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many poker books do you read every month?
books? what are those 21 25.93%
1-2 53 65.43%
3 or more 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Caro\'s Tells: the OESD whisperer

Yeah Marchron, I'll be waiting on pins and needles for your TR. I'm gonna try to make it up there in late Aug or Sept.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
March, what does the rake look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

A stick with a bunch of pointy things on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words a device to poke up the backside of people who think they are funny but not really are, end with pointy things first of course [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't find that funny. Do you? Careful how you answer... you might get poked in the bottom pointy-things first!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!

Old 07-24-2007, 03:48 PM

anyone still got money on UB? i'm looking to xfer out and trade for another site. PM me pls
Old 07-24-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone still got money on UB? i'm looking to xfer out and trade for another site. PM me pls

[/ QUOTE ]

I've still got, I think, $0.12 on UB. You can have it if you want it.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They just keep giving me $10... I play for 3 days then go back to Stars... I have almost $100 there now and I swear most of it is those $10 giveaways.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:48 PM

Just picked up an app for a Starbucks which a friend referred me to the manager. There are 2 employees behind the counter. I ask one of them if I could speak with the manager, and as she goes into the backroom the other employee says "If you want a free drink, now's the time." I figured it was a special or something so I ordered my summer usual. After I talk with the (very beautiful) manager, and she returns to the backroom, I am again alone with the barista and curiosity gets the better of me and ask "Why is it free?" He quickly looks behind his shoulder and then says "Because no one is looking?" So I think to myself "hmmm" and put a few bucks in the tip jar thingy, effectively giving myself merely a discount on the drink.

Am I a very bad person?

Old 07-24-2007, 04:50 PM

no.. and when I first read this, I thought she went into the bathroom
Old 07-24-2007, 04:51 PM

I'd still pay for the drink, but that's me. Also, I don't think I could be comfortable working there if I knew that was going on.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:58 PM

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 18.25BB
<font color="#ffffff">UTG showed Ah As</font>
Old 07-24-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just picked up an app for a Starbucks which a friend referred me to the manager. There are 2 employees behind the counter. I ask one of them if I could speak with the manager, and as she goes into the backroom the other employee says "If you want a free drink, now's the time." I figured it was a special or something so I ordered my summer usual. After I talk with the (very beautiful) manager, and she returns to the backroom, I am again alone with the barista and curiosity gets the better of me and ask "Why is it free?" He quickly looks behind his shoulder and then says "Because no one is looking?" So I think to myself "hmmm" and put a few bucks in the tip jar thingy, effectively giving myself merely a discount on the drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% standard in any [censored] customer-service job. you did what you were supposed to do by tipping a couple bucks. everyone's a winner.

(except Starbucks, Inc., but let's not talk about those guys just now.)

edit: link, you strike me as one of those hopelessly oblivious straight guys, but was the barista cute? did he make any lingering eye contact? smile excessively? have a c.o.c.k. ring?

if so, this is 110% standard.

edit2 to get the word "c.o.c.k" to show up
Closed Thread