FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

Wow how can this guy defend himself ? as for the comment u said erlier boosted " anyone 2 try something with me at this point of my life is mistaken" or whatever u said . id like to here what u have to say when your staring down the barrel of a gun or having your fingers cut off ? maybe that wont do it maybe u watch your "fiance" get slapped around infront of u ? you do know these kind of things happen for less than 60k and op is willing to break 60 k 50/50 for 30k i dont wanna know where u wld end up bud . i hope it doesnt go this route but im sure this is last resort gl guys . and op dont be so damn stupid with money ,, ok ?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:57 AM

jackal,

this situation is not similar to the golf hustling thread. in that thread, i even remember limon saying that golf gambling is not the same as poker.

when two people enter a stake, i feel that it should be on the fairest and clearest of terms. one person should not approach it in order to get the most money for himself or screw the other guy over. It is not a prop bet.

the OP is incredibley naive, but I dont believe BJ is. He says hes been in twenty staking deals previously, that means he knows what time it is.

so while i agree with you and ELD that BJ doesnt owe anything other than a make-up, that doesnt mean there wasnt a certain amount of hustling going on.

also, i think its important for BJ to provide his FT financial history to prove that the $15K was infact in his account when he said it was, because if he lied about that, its a big problem. he should pm diablo his password, let diablo log in and check things out, and then he can change his password.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow how can this guy defend himself ? as for the comment u said erlier boosted " anyone 2 try something with me at this point of my life is mistaken" or whatever u said . id like to here what u have to say when your staring down the barrel of a gun or having your fingers cut off ? maybe that wont do it maybe u watch your "fiance" get slapped around infront of u ? you do know these kind of things happen for less than 60k and op is willing to break 60 k 50/50 for 30k i dont wanna know where u wld end up bud . i hope it doesnt go this route but im sure this is last resort gl guys . and op dont be so damn stupid with money ,, ok ?

[/ QUOTE ]

FINALLY, a voice of reason in this thread. I was getting sick of all of the over-the-top melodrama.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also, i think its important for BJ to provide his FT financial history to prove that the $15K was infact in his account when he said it was, because if he lied about that, its a big problem. he should pm diablo his password, let diablo log in and check things out, and then he can change his password.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, then boosted j would be just as stupid as op. Giving away your password in online poker has to be a really really bad idea.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, then boosted j would be just as stupid as op. Giving away your password in online poker has to be a really really bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

how so? change it to like asdfasdf or some crap that isnt ur real pw let him go on and check the transactions, with all the money not in the acct. what is el d going to do that will have ill effects on booosted to make giving out his pw a really really bad idea?
Old 05-21-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Giving away your password in online poker has to be a really really bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't believe the level of distrust and cynicism amongst online poker players sometimes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:11 AM

Nate tha' Great has always been spot on in Legislation, and if he says this is winnable in court I wouldn't bet against him.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really can't believe the level of distrust and cynicism amongst online poker players sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

a week ago, wasn't boosted's name and credibility very good?(though I think you aren't being serious)
Old 05-21-2007, 03:25 AM

isn't this thread about 400 posts too long? mine being one of them of course
Old 05-21-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Poker players have to be the most gullible and trusting of all people on average. To easy to con/scam. Just think of how easily lots of poker players transfer money to each other. How easily it is to get screwed.

Professional con men in this business would pwn.

Most people are just to naive to believe they exist that people out there are just out there to get them.
Closed Thread