Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 07:39 AM

Default Re: WSOP Main Event Day 4 thread

Christopher Hitchens has published evidence Mother Teresa was a fanatic, a fraud, an Albanian spy, etc. I assume he is not alone in despising her.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats!
But what's your take on Mother Theresa?

[/ QUOTE ]
is there an award for hijacked thread of the year?
Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it seems that Thorsson took a late hit, he's a million down on cardplayer...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think someone at Cardplayer forgot a 0 in his last chipcount. According to a post elsewhere Thorsson has 1,668,000 for about 6th place. This is also consistent with Swedish news.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well seeing as how you aren't going to get 250 players to agree to anything, the question is completely hypothetical anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it were 20 players, or 10, I think they'd have to be retarded to chop it.

Lets pose a different question. If you agreed to a 15 handed chop, they played the tourney out, and you won. Are you going to hand over your $9.5 mil to the other players? Are you going to trust somebody else to hand it over to you if they win?

(hypothetically speaking i want to think i'd say play it out...but i think even as an above average stack, i'd have to take that money)

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't Harrington offer to chop at the 95 ME FT, but no one wanted to? His argument that a 9 way chop was more than enough money for everyone to invest and live comfortably. Guess they didn't think he'd win it.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Holt [censored]!!! That's a pot.

Edit: I just re read the hand and WTF?? It doesn't make any sense. F'in Cardplayer.

Jamie Gold Shows
Mike McClain calls the big blind from middle position, along with Jamie Gold on the button. The flop comes 933, McClain bets $50,000, Gold raises to $100,000, McClain re-raises to $300,000 and Gold pushes all-in for $2,100,000. McClain goes into the tank for about 5 minutes and Gold turns to him and says "Let me check to see if I have it." Gold gives the thumbs up to McClain and tells him its not too late to get off his hand. McClain says "I don't know if I like you that much anymore" and folds. McClain turns over 99 for the flopped full house and is now at $2,550,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has probably been discussed already, but I was reading the thread just now, and am in shock.
Lord have mercy this dude is a donkey. First the minraise, and then after seeing significant action, decides this hand just can't be slowplayed.
Maybe the other guy didn't have much more behind, but any player with any skill couldve stacked the dude holding a 3 and possibly even an overpair.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

how many highly successful women can you name who are not hated by vast numbers of people? if you can name one, that's one more than i can name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mother Theresa

[/ QUOTE ]
being a religious figure means automatically being hated by millions of people, don't be silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

She went around helping sick people in impoverished nations. She is seen more as a humanitarian than a religious figure. Athiests and Branch Davidians alike found no problem with her.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. How did she help sick people? Her "Houses of Dying" (her own term) effectively spread disease. She wasn't interested in curing people; she was interested in baptizing them before they died.

She took in over $100 million a year by some estimates. Where did it go? It seems to have gone to the Vatican's general account even though the donors were told that their money would be going to help the poor. Mother Theresa's group never built a single hospital. Mostly what she did was gather sick people all in one place, have them share blankets that were not machine washed since she didn't believe in that (thus spreading bacterial and viral infections), and baptize them before they died. Maybe she saved their souls by baptizing them, but she didn't do much to save their bodies. She even refused to give anyone pain medication since their suffering was "beautiful."

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm, let's hijack the Day 4 WSOP ME thread to take a few cheap shots at Mother Theresa and the Catholic Church. Your vitriolic anti-Catholicism that led to this hijack might be welcomed in SMP, but not here.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
strassa busting is a travesty [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more. It's kinda funny to say that about such a young person, but Strassa is seriously overdue for poker superstars status (which of course, is only gained by winning a major tournament on TV).

It seems that whenever I see Jason he just busted out of a tournament or lost a huge pot and it always seemed like a really bad time to go and interduce myself as a semi-random 2+2er. I think I am seriously jinxing the guy.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow that is insane. He must be puking. That is the first beat of the tourney where I genuinely feel sorry for the person.

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd beat. The guy who lost out on the bubble with A-A really moved me.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats to Kramer on an excellent finish.

226 is very impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, seriously. Everyone who cashed this year survived more people than Hachem last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.. Since more people were eliminated this year on days where players WEREN"T there.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea whether the allegations about Annie Duke from Negreanu or anyone else are accurate, but I played with her all day yesterday and she was a class act: very friendly with everyone at the table, more critical of her own play than anyone else's, etc. She was willing to talk to me at the end of the day about a pot we played, offer her thoughts on alternate lines I could have taken, and even tell me how she would have responded to various actions on my part.

Moreover, she came over to me at the end of the second break today to check in and see how I was doing and congratulated me and offered some words of encouragement when I busted out. I have a very high opinion of her based on my experiences, but I have no idea whether those other stories are true or not. I hope those of you who have never met her will at least suspend judgment.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you could of landed some tail.