The crook 2 18.18%
They are both equally unintelligent 5 45.45%
this space intentionally left blank 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2006, 11:27 PM

Default Re: A reply from Party

[ QUOTE ]
"Dear Henrik,

Thank you for your recent mail, wherein you informed us of activity that you consider could potentially have led to a player gaining an unfair advantage.

As a matter of regular operations, we vigilantly seek to identify and halt any player or account that attempts to gain an unfair advantage (http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/g...advantage.html).

However, we do not comment on individual cases nor do we detail the techniques and tools we use as that would only serve to hamper efforts we make to maintain a fair environment for all players.

You can help. Should you ever feel you have observed any player or account attempting to garner unfair advantage, please send us an email providing any relevant information to fairplay@partyaccount.com.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Please provide us with a feedback on how you find our services by clicking on the below mentioned link:

Sincerely,

Logan Nichols
Investigations Team
alerts@PartyAccount.com "

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the update Spiff. I don't understand how commenting on this specific case would compromise things though. Anybody know? Has this always been Party's policy?

Personally, I would like to know that something was done here.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Should we really care??

[ QUOTE ]
I think people should be 'worried' about bots at every level. These bots/accounts may have moved up and become more advanced and now killing NL400+ for all we know.

Do you know if they still play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember looking back at the names about 6 months later and still seeing them at that time. By now they've probably had to move their bots to a different site (I remember them having American locations).
Old 11-24-2006, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Should we really care??

[ QUOTE ]
I think people should be 'worried' about bots at every level. These bots/accounts may have moved up and become more advanced and now killing NL400+ for all we know.

Do you know if they still play?

[/ QUOTE ]
If it helps, I'm pretty sure that everyone who is killing NL $400+ posts on MSNL here. It's kind of funny.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Bots in PartyPoker\'s 6-max Limit games?

[ QUOTE ]
gone,

You can't sue someone for using all resources available to them, to beat you at a game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This got me thinking. Everyone who is using a bot and/or sharing hole cards is breaching the T&C of the poker sites. The T&C of the poker sites is a contract not only between each player and the poker sites, but a contract among all of the players themselves. Thus, each player that uses a bot and/or shares hole cards is liable for breach of contract to every other player.

Although Ray Bonnert may not be breaching the contract, he is tortiously interfering with our contractual relationships (Count One in our complaint against Ray and Winholdem).

Also, Ray is conspiring with all of his clients to breach this contract, so we could potentially sue him for conspiracy. However, in most states there must be an underlying tortious act to support a claim for conspiracy. But that is easy enough to solve with a fraud claim. Since each cheater agrees to the T&C without the intention of following them, they are fraudulently inducing honest players to play with them. Ray is at the very heart of this conspiracy to commit fraud (Count Two: Consipracy).

Furthermore, all of the cheaters are using interstate wires to perpetrate this fraud, and thus violating 18 USC s1343 (Fraud by wire, radio, or television). Since Ray runs an ongoing enterprise to facilitate this criminal activity, he can be held liable for violation of the federal RICO laws (Count Three: Violation of 18 USC s1964).

I think such a lawsuit brought as a class action on behalf of all honest online poker players could bankrupt Ray and shut down WinHoldem. Any thoughts?
Old 11-24-2006, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Are you paying for it?
Old 11-24-2006, 07:40 PM

get us a cost of a lawyer and file something, ill donate 25$ as will many other 2p2s. However if hes not in the US, good luck locating him and getting a court to pursue it. Plus were not playing on sites sanctioned in the US... good thought though. mee thinks not work.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gone,

You can't sue someone for using all resources available to them, to beat you at a game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This got me thinking. Everyone who is using a bot and/or sharing hole cards is breaching the T&C of the poker sites. The T&C of the poker sites is a contract not only between each player and the poker sites, but a contract among all of the players themselves. Thus, each player that uses a bot and/or shares hole cards is liable for breach of contract to every other player.

Although Ray Bonnert may not be breaching the contract, he is tortiously interfering with our contractual relationships (Count One in our complaint against Ray and Winholdem).

Also, Ray is conspiring with all of his clients to breach this contract, so we could potentially sue him for conspiracy. However, in most states there must be an underlying tortious act to support a claim for conspiracy. But that is easy enough to solve with a fraud claim. Since each cheater agrees to the T&C without the intention of following them, they are fraudulently inducing honest players to play with them. Ray is at the very heart of this conspiracy to commit fraud (Count Two: Consipracy).

Furthermore, all of the cheaters are using interstate wires to perpetrate this fraud, and thus violating 18 USC s1343 (Fraud by wire, radio, or television). Since Ray runs an ongoing enterprise to facilitate this criminal activity, he can be held liable for violation of the federal RICO laws (Count Three: Violation of 18 USC s1964).

I think such a lawsuit brought as a class action on behalf of all honest online poker players could bankrupt Ray and shut down WinHoldem. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll play this game.
post the link to the t&c that you'd use in your complaint.

ray bornert
Old 11-24-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get us a cost of a lawyer and file something, ill donate 25$ as will many other 2p2s. However if hes not in the US, good luck locating him and getting a court to pursue it. Plus were not playing on sites sanctioned in the US... good thought though. mee thinks not work.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not matter that the poker sites are not sanctioned in the US.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll play this game.
post the link to the t&c that you'd use in your complaint.

ray bornert

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is just one example.

http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/terms_conditions/

Relevant portions:
"you agree not to use any AI Software and/or any such programs. By accepting our terms and conditions you expressly consent to abide by our Unfair Advantage Policy."

Link to Unfair Advantage Policy
Old 11-24-2006, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Are you paying for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am willing to work on it gratis though. I used to be a lawyer before I quit to play poker.