Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

PUAs by playing games are you not becoming in a way, more emo then the emo guys you look down on .I mean by trying to learn games that you admit women are the masters of are you not in some way trying to be more like them, as opposed to the alfa males you clam to be. Do you think natural players are going to pay attention to body signals or do all of the other things that you employ to get women. Don’t get me wrong if I had trouble getting women I might use some of these tools also. I just think in some ways playing all the games you play you are the most emo of all men.

But if you have a hard time getting girls I don’t think you need to go buy hundred of dollars worth of books, just go rent Fast Times at Ridgemont High and watch this scene.

Mike Damone: I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.
Mark Ratner: Well, naturally something happens. I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen.
Mike Damone: That's the idea, Rat. That's the attitude.
Mark Ratner: The attitude?
Mike Damone: Yeah! The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That was a very odd thing to post publicly, but thank you, Dids.

I'm feeling pretty great these days. I just want to think / talk about stuff. That's all.

I would also like to say that this whole deal is the gayest [censored] [censored] ever and I am about half sick with humiliation at having been a part of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

can i get the cliff notes on the drama? I only cherry picked posts to read in this thread.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And in all reality, they are also going to ruin it for guys who dont know any better as sooner or later girls are going to wisen up, and it will be near impossible for any of thse guys to learn how to progress passed the tricks and gimicks stage that you have to go through.

[/ QUOTE ]

A load of BS. Women want to be picked up. PUA tries to create attraction. Attraction is not a conscious choice.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And in all reality, they are also going to ruin it for guys who dont know any better as sooner or later girls are going to wisen up, and it will be near impossible for any of thse guys to learn how to progress passed the tricks and gimicks stage that you have to go through.

[/ QUOTE ]

A load of BS. Women want to be picked up. PUA tries to create attraction. Attraction is not a conscious choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol some of the arguments against pua seem to lead you to believe some of the guys don't even understand that women want to be approched by men and want to have sex.
They LIKE IT. That is why they go to bars and clubs.

The ones that don't go to bars and clubs still like attention from men and still like to have sex with men. Like ALL of them LOVE IT.

Trying to 'protect' a women from a pua is like trying to protect a flower from a bee.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this devolved fast into a standard anacardo dids tuq blarg dickathon

what a surprise

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, why are you including me in that list? Plus I know your post is induced by roid rage so I won't hold it against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah fatso
Old 08-11-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guids,

Johnny Fontaine never gets that movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
lmao
Old 08-11-2007, 10:22 AM

Cardo,

What is the purpose of this thread? Presumably the dids/blarg hissy fight is over now, and you apparently still want to talk about PUA. To what end?

I and some others have written lengthy posts attempting to explain why we think PUA works and is not morally bankrupt. I don't think I've seen you respond to ANY of these posts.

If you came to this thread thinking that PUAs are scummy and wanted to hear the opposing perspective, you've gotten it. You've also gotten answers to your questions about the absolute morality of PUA and possible reasons why most men are afraid to try anything PUA.

Has any of this changed your opinion at all, or have you even absorbed what's been written? What is the purpose of this thread?
Old 08-11-2007, 10:30 AM

DD,

I also had a pretty negative idea of PUA prior to learning a little bit about it. My conclusion: the self-help confidence-building element sounds really positive to me. Learning that most women like guys and want to have sex with them shouldn't take a class, but if that's what some guys need, so be it.

Things that I think are goofy: peacocking, the terminology (I watched the VH1 show so I heard them say things like "two-set" and I imagine it only gets goofier from there), and tricks/games that are dishonest and manipulative. We haven't heard much about what is probably "advanced" PUA, like what happens after you grow a pair and start talking to women in bars, but I still imagine there's a lot of stuff that I wouldn't like.

I'm also positive that these tactics aren't just being used by guys who need help building confidence, they're also being adopted by misogynists, etc. I don't know if PUA includes any messages about respecting other peoples' rights, etc, but they should.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

What is the purpose of this thread? Presumably the dids/blarg hissy fight is over now, and you apparently still want to talk about PUA. To what end?

I and some others have written lengthy posts attempting to explain why we think PUA works and is not morally bankrupt. I don't think I've seen you respond to ANY of these posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

He definitely feels the PUA philosophy is morally bankrupt. My take is that he wants to reconcile his religious beliefs with his lust and the PUA thing doesn't fit in well. I think this is a guy who would like to fall in love and have a family and who has no interest in playing a game. I think [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. I can't say I blame him. I have a lot of family members who share his views and religious convictions and it is something I do respect.

When I've told him in the past that SOME girls like men who are confident and not overly fawning, who show an air of mystery and playfulness, he has interpreted it as meaning women are phony and prefer bad, disingenuous men. That bothers him a lot.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:54 AM

Dru Down,

My homeskillet LF Slim succinctly nailed a lot of my current conclusions. Plus we're pretty far apart on our conceptions of women, to put it lightly, but it's not like I can offer any theoretical disproof of your position - just different experiences, different people in my life, etc.

I've also got some nerdlinger philosophical questions / observations left in the tank, but nobody cares about that stuff but me.