Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: How do you control the pot OOP?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Ian,

I don't like your small bet on turn. I'd rather pot it to win it right there, give the player bad odds, and then check and call river. I'd fold to an all in push on turn. I would need a read to call/fold to an all in at river...

As played I think it best to check and call river. The flush draw missed, but the straights are there.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think he may have called the flop with only a backdoor flush or backdoor straight you need to valuebet this river against him.
I don't see much reason to "pot it on the turn to win it right there". No reasonable drawing hand he could have had on the flop have the odds to call 2/3 of the pot on the turn.

This was horrible reasoning.

I don't know if checking or betting is the best move. I could do both depending on previous hands, his tendencies etc. If I've given up alot on the river earlier or people have folded my river value bets, easy check/call.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:22 PM

People call w/ suited connectors, suited kings, etc. If I recall, turn was a straightening card. Betting full pot to force a straight draw or possible backdoor flush draw is fine. If he calls great, if he folds, fine. I would check river after my turn bet though.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:56 PM

ok mabey this wasnt the best example because the fact that this guy is a fish makes the answer pretty easy, pot, pot, pot. I bet half the pot on the end for value, he pushes and I make the crying call, and he shows me KT. So it really wasnt misplayed until the end and my read was good. However calling on the end was a little donkish, but at that point I was just like WTF?

So how do people play OOP against solid players? Mabey thats a better question. Pot, Pot, check/call river? Thats usually my standard line.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:09 PM

That's my standard line as well.