Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Affiliate convention in Amsterdam-discussions of rakeback

They do pay for all those fish that we eat. So their position is not unreasonable. If they do rakeback you can be rest assured it won't involve most of us.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:59 PM

us=affiliates, or us=players?

This us is both, and still thinks the $7000 per month i pay in rake to be cut to less than my mortgage payment would be quite fine!

Sure, it would be nice to be appreciated by all the people i have worked for over the years, but that isn't going to happen in the long run!

You are in a different position. You have a large network of people working with you, and losing most affiliate income would hurt most of them more than you. You probably have something in the wings already. I know I do.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:29 PM

its really not. If they end their affiliate program and give the players the percent they were giving you all would be well and the only people hurt would be affiliates. I don't promote Party because they say it is against the rules. My alternative plan is that when I find a Party Poker customer I send them to another site. Party seems to be OK with this and so am I.

I don't pay very much in rake. I am typically working on my business. When I do play the stakes I play-the rake is quite small. Do I like leaving even this on the table-absolutely not but that won't stop me from playing 100-200 on Party and I doubt it is stopping most players.

The argument from affiliates that Party Poker should allow rakeback so the customer can see the value is just mularkey. It was said earlier that Party's affiliates account for 35% of their revenue and the question was asked how much of that is new business. We all know the answer to that. Not much.

Even if Party does a VIP thing people will still want rakeback in addition to that. There are 65170 players on Party at the moment. Lets not forget that the biggest value that Party presents to the Poker community is that it is a giant aquarium. That will always ALWAYS trump rakeback.

The argument "I want it because its there" needs more thought. This problem is complex but for affiliates Party is clearly saying "if you do rakeback on our site we will hunt you down and crush you". I doubt they really will but my answer is just to promote other sites. At great cost to me-mind you.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was said earlier that Party's affiliates account for 35% of their revenue and the question was asked how much of that is new business. We all know the answer to that. Not much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain your statement?

Party's total revenue has shot up nicely... that's new business...are you saying that very little of Party's growth came from affiliates? I know you are wrong!

Party affiliate payments almost doubled from 2004 to 2005.

From Party's Annual Report... "Affiliate costs have also increased faster than revenue growth, reflecting their increasing importance as a central part of the Group’s marketing strategy – affiliates were responsible for 34.3% of poker revenue in 2005 (2004: 28.3%).
Old 04-17-2006, 06:41 PM

"If you can't understand why the sites are against having their existing player base cannibalized by this, then you're blind."

What are you talking about. The guy is a player. Do you understand what a player is? A paying customer? He does not need to understand anything from their side. The customer is always right. I'm another customer. WAS another customer. I took my action somewhere else. The 5K-6K a month that I was paying them went bye bye.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party affiliate payments almost doubled from 2004 to 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't dispute that Party's affiliate payments have been increasing substantially. How much of that is from new players, as opposed to the thousands of players who are creating duplicate accounts under new affiliates? I'll answer that one for you. In the past few months, very little.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:09 PM

Its simple sniper in mid 2005 Party Poker disable their skins and every person on the planet scrambled to get back to Party in one way shape or fashion. Some old affiliate accounts surprisingly saw huge surges.

The only new business that Party is generating is from their ads on Oprah (oh and free bankroll CPA's).
Old 04-18-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
their ads on Oprah (oh and free bankroll CPA's).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha? Please explain.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:12 AM

They have ads on Oprah. What is to explain?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:19 PM

Morgant: "I have a lot more thoughts and info on this thread....i am still traveling will put in my 2 cents in a day or two... "

I was looking forward to this before the thread got hijacked.