Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2006, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Worst job?

[ QUOTE ]
I was hanging over a massive lake of piss with green floaties in 110 degree weather wearing heavy clothing(but no life preserver, now that I think about it) and I would try to stay dry while I sprayed around the edges of the lake.

Foul smell, intense heat, dangerous chemicals, 8.00/hour. Yep. That's a bad job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that IS a bad job. Winner so far IMO.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:24 PM

I washed dishes all summer in college. It stinks. But worse than that was my job, which lasted one day, of shoveling tomato paste out of two-ton bags at the salad dressing factory. I went home covered with the stuff and the smell of dressing on my clothes.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was hanging over a massive lake of piss with green floaties in 110 degree weather wearing heavy clothing(but no life preserver, now that I think about it) and I would try to stay dry while I sprayed around the edges of the lake.

Foul smell, intense heat, dangerous chemicals, 8.00/hour. Yep. That's a bad job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that IS a bad job. Winner so far IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-09-2006, 02:04 PM

UPS. 4-5 hours in a 115 degree trailer with no ventilation loading at least 6-700 packages per hour that weighed on average 50 pounds each.

dishwashing was a cakewalk compared to that. so was plumbing.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:15 PM

My friend worked at a UPS warehouse. The work sucked but he lost about 80 pouns and bulked up. Best thing that ever happened to him.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:21 PM

my worst job was when i was a janitor. nothing like walking into a bathroom with [censored] smeared all over the entire bathroom. some sick piece of [censored] (pun intended) smeared his [censored] all over the walls, the toilet, the urinal, the mirrors, countertop, floor, garbage can, soap dispenser, hand dryer...even the ceiling. funny enough i continued to work there
Old 04-09-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend worked at a UPS warehouse. The work sucked but he lost about 80 pouns and bulked up. Best thing that ever happened to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm thinking of doing this actually
Old 04-09-2006, 02:28 PM

Worst job is my current job Late Dec, early Jan I worked out at this generation station for about 2 months. I was a concrete tech and also did testing on backfilling.

For some reason, this damn generation station had to have this warehouse built in the middle of the worst part of winter. We're pouring concrete in 20 degree weather. Since I am testing the mud, I end up getting all wet and since there's a lot of labor, I can't wear too many clothes while doing it. I'd totally freeze my ass off and I was really sick to boot.

Then, I'd have to use what you call a Nuclear Density Gauge to test the backfilling. It's called Nuclear because it has a radioactive core to it. So not only was I freezing my ass off using this thing, but I was also getting exposed to radiation. They say it's relatively safe, then they go on to tell me after using it, stay away from animals, kids and sex for 3 days. Real effing safe! Also, the damn thing weighs about 130 pounds and is so oddly shaped, there is no easy way to carry the damn thing.

This was just a contract though and it was done in early Feb. Since then my job hasn't been too bad, but now they're trying to get a contract for landfill at this generation station. If they do, that means I'm the one going. Middle of summer standing on a black landfill liner doing construction monitoring (aka standing there acting like I'm watching people when I don't have a effing clue what's going on) and using that damn Nuc gauge again. Last summer co-workers told me they had some 125 degree days standing on that liner. If they do get the contract, I QUIT!