Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Re: WSEX Players - Bet on some games

We didn't all start playing at 30-60 did we? Even small bets are important.Numbers count.

ToT
Old 04-07-2006, 05:30 PM

I didn't read other replies, but sorry, I don't agree with your OP. People who already bet sports on other sites or whatever are more than welcome to move their action to WSEX. People who never bet sports before SHOULD NOT START just to help the cause. Donate money to the site instead. ***SPORTS BETTING IS INCREDIBLE DANGEROUS AND CAN CAUSE YOU TO LOSE CONTROL*** Consider yourselves forewarned.

As a comparison....

If Marlboro started a rake free poker site, should non-smokers start smoking just to keep the site alive?
Old 04-07-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We didn't all start playing at 30-60 did we? Even small bets are important.Numbers count.

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still not buying that they won't see through the obvious cover play. Don't get me wrong, if you guys think this will work go for it. But someone who thinks it won't work and suggests we just play poker as always certainly doesn't deserve to be labeled an idiot.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't read other replies, but sorry, I don't agree with your OP. People who already bet sports on other sites or whatever are more than welcome to move their action to WSEX. People who never bet sports before SHOULD NOT START just to help the cause. Donate money to the site instead. ***SPORTS BETTING IS INCREDIBLE DANGEROUS AND CAN CAUSE YOU TO LOSE CONTROL*** Consider yourselves forewarned.

As a comparison....

If Marlboro started a rake free poker site, should non-smokers start smoking just to keep the site alive?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the stupidest analogy I have heard today.

-SmileyEH
Old 04-07-2006, 05:35 PM

Smoking is harmful no matter how little you do it. Betting is not. But your point about addiction is well taken. If you have an addictive personality, then you shouldn't even be playing poker, much less gambling.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:37 PM

Gambling sites rely on people starting small and then moving up in $$. Why do you think PP and other sites let people play for free? Because they know that some of the members will eventually move into money games. They are playing the odds. If WSEX sees noobs tossing in an occasional bet, they'll think the same way... that some of them will get addicted and spend big $$ on their site. It's all a numbers game.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As a comparison....

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i just assume most people here are smarter than that but i was probably wrong and see where youre coming from.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gambling sites rely on people starting small and then moving up in $$. Why do you think PP and other sites let people play for free? Because they know that some of the members will eventually move into money games. They are playing the odds. If WSEX sees noobs tossing in an occasional bet, they'll think the same way... that some of them will get addicted and spend big $$ on their site. It's all a numbers game.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long will that work before they realize that the typical percentage of bettors aren't turning degenerate? A month? Two? I guess it might be worth it as a slight stall.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How long will that work before they realize that the typical percentage of bettors aren't turning degenerate? A month? Two? I guess it might be worth it as a slight stall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't the typical number become degenerate? You're assuming that all the people who do this are immune from addiction?
Old 04-07-2006, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i just assume most people here are smarter than that but i was probably wrong and see where youre coming from.

[/ QUOTE ]
Compulsion has nothing to do with being smart. Just look at wall street and cocaine.