Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Re: how can this NOT be collusion?

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I'm in the not-beyond-the-shadow-of-a-doubt camp.

If I were in your shoes, Josh, I'd report them to UB (which it looks like you've already done), and field PMs from people who might be interested in playing in this game and would like to know the identities of the players involved. But I think a public shaming is a bit much. I'm having a little bit of trouble wrapping my head around the fact that trying to get a calling station to fold in a huge pot is an ineffective collusive strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo posting their names is far better than reporting them to UB. I'd post their names, let people defend them or w/e... and if u dont get a reason report em to UB. Theres always the chance its something explainable- as unlikely as that may seem.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:20 PM

yeah man some of us might want to play these games in the future and would like to know who these players are. you never know man, if i hit a big donkey tournament score i will be up there in no time.

(no this is not a shot at schneids for obv reasons haha.. i was serious. but then i re-read it and it seemed like it could be construed as such)
Old 04-03-2006, 02:20 PM

If you are 100% sure they cheated why protect their names?

ToT
Old 04-03-2006, 02:39 PM

If you were shocked at the identity of Player A, then some credence has to be given to the possibility that this was not collusion as Tommy suggests.

The hand sure looks funny but one can almost never assume collusion based on one hand. How long was your buddy in this game and were there any other funny looking hands?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW my buddy is player C and as soon as this hand happened he sat out and vowed never to play with these guys again.

He told me who player A was and I was pretty shocked. Definetely didn't seem in line from what I've heard/know about this person, but I guess anything is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZeeJustin switched to limit?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW my buddy is player C and as soon as this hand happened he sat out and vowed never to play with these guys again.

He told me who player A was and I was pretty shocked. Definetely didn't seem in line from what I've heard/know about this person, but I guess anything is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't trust any of neverwin's friends, if this person is who I think it is.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:16 PM

DumbAnimal and SavageGamble

Book It!!!

For real though how didnt anyone just use the Hand # and email that to UB asking for the history, you would learn thier names
Old 04-03-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DumbAnimal and SavageGamble

Book It!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's almost no way those two were colluding considering every high limit player knows who they are. They just couldn't be that dumb.

___1___
Old 04-03-2006, 04:02 PM

It's hard to argue against collusion. Most of the dissenters aren't really familiar with the particulars of this case and honestly should be posting their dissertations in the philosophy forum.

Ub is freaking clueless to stop it. When I get my 50k they owe me, I can't wait to go on UB rant.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:04 PM

I looked at the hand history and it's not those dumbanimal and savagegamble. Those two are the freaking same player anyway supposedly. It was dumbanimal, a player who i would put in the suspicious category, and a random unknown player who just happenst to jump right into 300-600. What a joke.