Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: the mmtbone thread - mod discussion

That's the longest post w/o a pronoun I've ever seen. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 03-28-2006, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't actually see any reason to ban lorinda, simply because lorinda has reacted angrily to a thread that has really pissed lorinda off, for whatever reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

anger is fine. it only becomes a problem when it affects users and moderators, and it did both. users are unable to view a huge thread, and they're even talking about it on other forums. obviously the moderators and admins have been disrupted. unless there is a good reason for this, i believe lori should be punished.

if i owned 2+2, "empty threats" of lawsuits would go over about as well as yelling "i have a bomb" at an airport.

at a minimum, none of lori's accounts are welcome in oot.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:55 PM

Lori only really posts in OOT when somebody posts about him. The weird thing is that when it happens, he's on it wicked fast (as was the case in the BUSTO thread). This is a person who seems to care WAY too much about the internet (as evidenced by the weird, yet very touching Granny Mae thing).
Old 03-28-2006, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if i owned 2+2, "empty threats" of lawsuits would go over about as well as yelling "i have a bomb" at an airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I really really really really wish I didn't say that here. That was said privately to me and I shouldn't have repeated it, and saying it privately to me doesn't mean it was actually planned to be done (for the 27th time)
Old 03-28-2006, 05:01 PM

"it" intimated as much to me as well: I do intend to take it further if this continues.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durron,

I can't remember how I know he's a man, but I'm 90% sure it's from somebody who met him in an MTG tournament. I think he's abandonded any reasonable expectation of privacy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a thread about 2.5 years ago where it was discussed about Lori/Lorinda being a man. The thread wasn't just about her, but I remember someone bringing it up and for some reason I remember her/him saying he pretended to be a girl for privacy reasons. I don't know why I would remember that. I am sure there is almost no way to find the thread though.

craig
Old 03-28-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd HATE lorinda to be banned. lorinda is a major part of Twoplustwo's history. I can't actually see any reason to ban lorinda, simply because lorinda has reacted angrily to a thread that has really pissed lorinda off, for whatever reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree.

I also don't know why Lorinda is freaking out so much regarding the gender issue.

I haven't clicked all of the links in this thread but I thought there was a discussion or poll about Lorinda's gender in STT or some other forum a few months ago.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't know why Lorinda is freaking out so much regarding the gender issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't believe that they are freaking out about the gender issue.

many people have posted views about me in the past and that's their right, posting personal information about me in a factual manner is nobodies right without my permission, and trust me, he doesn't have my permission.

i believe the issue is lori vs yugo/mmb, and they are using the "privacy violation"/permission/threat angle to force moderator action on it. if lori has spoken about or been cool with anybody else discussing gender in public, this is all but confirmed as fact.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't believe that they are freaking out about the gender issue:

many people have posted views about me in the past and that's their right, posting personal information about me in a factual manner is nobodies right without my permission, and trust me, he doesn't have my permission.

i believe the issue is lori vs yugo/mmb, and they are using the "privacy violation"/permission/threat angle to force moderator action on it. if lori has spoken about or been cool with anybody else discussing gender in public, this is all but confirmed as fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have asked lorinda as a personal favor to me now that the offending posts have been deleted to let this whole thing die, and this was agreed to. I'm don't know you nearly as well, astro, but I would very much appreciate it if you did the same.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't believe that they are freaking out about the gender issue:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have asked lorinda as a personal favor to me now that the offending posts have been deleted to let this whole thing die, and this was agreed to. I'm don't know you nearly as well, astro, but I would very much appreciate it if you did the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. This issue is way too absurd to let die so easily.