Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Noah\'s 2nd account taking on Raymer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We have gone to extraordinary lengths here to ensure that everything was above board. We are persuaded, within a reasonable tolerance, that Exclusive played one account and 'Who is next' played one account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you?

I would like to know what were those "extraordinary" lengths.

Are you saying basically that multiaccounting is ok, as long as you have somebody willing to answer the phone and tell PS he is the one playing?

What was Noah explanation about why he use the "who is next" nick in Ultimate Bet? Does this fact sound strange to you Lee?

[ QUOTE ]
We don't know and we don't really care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expressions like this are very unfortunate, no wonder there are all these poker schools "helping" people to make final tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he honestly suppost to verify it more then that? Fly in to the destination and take pictures of the person playing? Also, look at FoxyPlayer and Chipmovr, chipmovr played as foxyplayer on UB, are they the same person now?

[/ QUOTE ]

he was just using my ub account for cash games only
Old 03-27-2006, 12:47 PM

I thought Marcel Luske was pushing for a poker association
to uniform tournament rules world wide, perhaps he could monitor his own pupils unethical behavior first. ZJ has multiple accounts, money gone, Noah does it twice, Stars congratulates him and pays him TWICE!!! ZJ, give this case to lawyer and a PR firm, I'm sure Americans would like to know how Stars confiscates money from it's American customers, while covering for it's European players. UNFAIR!!!! and this ain't life, it's poker.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your sarcasm meter is broken.

[/ QUOTE ]

in a big, big way.... or reading comprehension is off.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:20 PM

As far as i know the player behind "Who is Next" is Jordy Veenboer. He is one of the webmasters of a Dutch pokersite to which Noah is also affiliated.

I'm pretty sure about the above since i played in a live tournament with Jordy when he was wearing a shirt that said "who is next?" on the back of it...

There! Now that being said you can go ahead and flame me for this being my first post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2006, 01:24 PM

"i would pretty much play 2 accounts at once because i was helping my friend out what to do, as soon as i busted on exclusive in 600t i took over the el capitano account and took it down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hope u guys enjoyed the show and hope ill be back soon on whatever account [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]" Noah's words.

Is your take on this situation that by collecting all the money for the above win, he learned his lesson, and would never do it again? No joke, everyone is ok with Stars verdict on this situation?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"i would pretty much play 2 accounts at once because i was helping my friend out what to do, as soon as i busted on exclusive in 600t i took over the el capitano account and took it down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hope u guys enjoyed the show and hope ill be back soon on whatever account [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]" Noah's words.

Is your take on this situation that by collecting all the money for the above win, he learned his lesson, and would never do it again? No joke, everyone is ok with Stars verdict on this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you guys are riding Lee Jones way to hard. First of all, he is a poker writer who has sold hundreds of thousands of copies of his book. Let me repeat this because I think its important, this is the man who wrote "Winning Low-Limit Hold'em".

Now, yes Noah did enter two accounts into the same tournament. Does that make him a cheater? Maybe it does. Is cheating grounds for banning? I dont think so.

Noah is a Poker Stars spokesperson, and this has to be recognized. He attracts players to the game who see him on TV. He is well known on the internet.

Let me quote Zee Justin: "Party Poker is on a rampage".

Thank god that Poker Stars has not bought into the same mass hysteria, "lets ban people for cheating" nonsense that Party did.

Also, just because Noah is a known cheater (do we really have to use such a harsh word. Cant we say he was a rule-bender or something nicer?) in the past, DOES NOT mean that he cheated in this tournament. Lee Jones himself has over looked an extensive investigation, which included calling the house that both accounts were played from and asking the person on the other line of the phone if they cheated.

Stars is what you would call a players site. Sure, slowplaying in Cash games is unethical, but that is why Stars rocks. They dont have rules or follow ethics. They are a players site. They know how to bend the rules, without breaking them. Long live Stars!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:16 PM

let me quote Zee Justin, "stars confiscated my money, and did nothing to Noah for the same infraction" OK I have not actually spoke to ZJ, but I can't believe he'd disagree with anything in that quote.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thank god that Poker Stars has not bought into the same mass hysteria, "lets ban people for cheating" nonsense that Party did.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude.. what??
Old 03-27-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let me quote Zee Justin, "stars confiscated my money, and did nothing to Noah for the same infraction" OK I have not actually spoke to ZJ, but I can't believe he'd disagree with anything in that quote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only a portion of ZJ's money has been confiscated by Poker Stars, not that it is any of our business anyways.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:22 PM

wow, this is one of the worst posts I have ever read.