Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Re: KJs hand I wasn\'t happy with

[ QUOTE ]
very good analysis.

i checkraised here and folded to a 3bet. I felt empty afterwards [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

About the turn, I am not sure I like folding here as much because it is possible he is semi bluffing or something (although he is unknown) or maybe even freeshowdowning QQ + a spade or something.
Anyone agree?

Edit; Oh, also, you are forgetting another KJ in your analysis. Still don't think he has it often enough to call for chop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great fold IMO. My real question is what was your plan for the river if you did NOT hit two pair?

Thanks, Mike
Old 03-23-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: KJs hand I wasn\'t happy with

Given that, why not just call on the river here? I.e don't raise and give yourself a chance to get outplayed.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BZ:

Given the general situation: you value check raise on the river and then fold to a three-bet. Please give me a guess as to the following. What percentage of the time do you wind up laying down the best hand?

Let me ask the same question in a slightly different way. If you always paid off in these spots, how many bets do you think it would cost you in an average month?

I realize it's very difficult to know since the other player rarely shows his cards. But still, I'm asking for your best guess estimate.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a very aggressive player when it comes to getting value with better hands. I think a big leak of mine is that I'll raise almost any time I'm convinced I have the best hand, I'll raise on the river, knowing I'm capable of folding to a 3bet. This probably costs me more than I think in the long run, because people know I am capable of making "big" folds.

[/ QUOTE ]