Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Re: 1/2nl in which i attempt a DEEP bluff against IKESTOYS

grunch:

ike clearly has Jx hand or maybe a 9x hand, but less likely. I don't think the bluff is terrible against ike because he's a good player, although it depends on how he views you. He should know that you know he's prob going to fire the turn with a decent range because of the drawy flop, so you can rep a big hand q. nicely. Really depends on whether ike thinks you are capable of that/recent dynamics etc, but it could be good
Old 11-20-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before I even got to the turn action, I thought betting that card was best. That board is fairly drawy and if you held an overpair/set I don't think you are going for a c/r in fear of giving a free card. Also, that 4 most definitely didn't help Ike.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ike put you on spades actually with that line. I would probably give up on this river card but follow through with a river spade/broadway since your perceived range would be all over those cards while this 5 changes nothing. If he called your c/r light (by calling c/r standards) then he is most definitely going to make what looks like a hero call on that river even if it may have been fairly easy for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

jlocdog - its like you are in my head

I had AJ. I called.

[/ QUOTE ]

pwnage easy hero call. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 03:09 AM

Grunch:

Ugghhhh, riv is ugly without very solid history. With extreme history there could be some rocking leveling here, but all draws missed. You would to have an extremely nitty post flop image to make this riv bet good. He is prob calling with nearly his entire range after calling your turn C/R.